It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

l`affair comma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
the frankly silly contractual dispute between Rogers and Aliant may be over , as federal regulators have sided with Aliant .

i have put up an ATSNN story covering the latest development .

bilingualism ? bah

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You're right, it is a silly dispute. I wonder if the translation was done in-house or if it was contracted out. If it was contracted out, Rogers is going to be suing someone.

PS. Your ATSNN link is registered viewers only, and that might keep it from getting upgraded. Here's another link for the story that everyone can read, if you can still edit your submission -

Globe and Mail

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Does anyone else consider this a waste of everyones time?

If Aliant was going to enjoy a nice pay day from this error, than sure I could justify it. Business is business, it's not personal its simply business.

However;

Despite the victory, Aliant won't reap the bulk of the proceeds. The poles are mostly owned by Fredericton-based utility NB Power, which contracted out the administration of the business to Aliant at the time the contract was signed.

Why go through all of this trouble if your not going to reap the benefits? Surely they will receive something directly or indirectly, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go through so another company can enjoy the pay day.

On the other hand, Rogers has to be kicking someone in the ass over this. Who would of ever thought a grammatical error could cost so much?

new topics

join