It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help meditating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Okay, a long time ago I started taking up meditating, about 2 years ago I'd say, because I was in depression, and I had to do something to keep myself calm.

I'm mostly out of it though, and I haven't meditated in a long time. I'm having difficulties, and I want to start up again.

Is there any tips, or meditation techniques you could tell me about? I'm also interested in Astral Projection and Remote Viewing if anyone can help in that department.

Thanks!

EDIT: Will no one help me?

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by eagle]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
actually make that two i am interested in ap and meditating ive tryed ap not had much look past few days im going to continue though.. also remote viewing is something that interests me too..

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It appears we will not get any short term help. So I'll share some of my experiences.

Last night, I used some tips that I had heard about Astral Projection. While meditating, I found myself stuck to the floor in this odd room, like a garage, yet everything was black like the lights were off.

My room is a converted garage, so was I seeing the past of it? Also, I could not move, The only thing I could move was my eyes. I felt suddenly very afraid, and felt as if something was in my room.

I broke the meditation and got up to get a glass of water and went to sleep. Creeped me out, that was my first... whatever it was.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In my blog there is a well-recommended technique�.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This link will lead you to the page it is on

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i would also like to be able to learn ap and remote viewing.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Astral Projection and remote viewing are going to take some work. A person must first be able to master their own mind. I suppose when in a deep enough meditative state, one could accidentally do AP, I have done that. Google it or search the board, there are probably members who could help you to learn.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I will tell you my way...To start out,you must relax.Start with your legs,strech your feet out and hold for the count of 10,then the feet the other way,back,then the muscles that raise your leggs,then the ones that fold your legs,get the picture?Do this with all muscles,each time tell yourself that this part of my body is now relaxed.Then,slowly shift your mind to the right side of your brain.This takes some pratice,but can be done.Once you are firmly on the right side,do a quick "dump"into the back of your brain.You will see a pinpoint of light.It will only stay for a second or two.This works for me.good luck!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickman
I will tell you my way...To start out,you must relax.Start with your legs,strech your feet out and hold for the count of 10,then the feet the other way,back,then the muscles that raise your leggs,then the ones that fold your legs,get the picture?Do this with all muscles,each time tell yourself that this part of my body is now relaxed.Then,slowly shift your mind to the right side of your brain.This takes some pratice,but can be done.Once you are firmly on the right side,do a quick "dump"into the back of your brain.You will see a pinpoint of light.It will only stay for a second or two.This works for me.good luck!

That is almost identical to what I do to prepare to meditate, except that I now only mentally tell myself that my body is relaxed and that works. I have never tried shifting my mind to the right of my brain and sliding it to the back, I may try that later tonight.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This may be considered beginner's stuff, but I downloaded a .mp3 file from Kazaa Lite called "Instantaneous Personal Magnetism", and the experience from it was quite interesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I guess I am a 4th who would like help. I meditate, sometimes better than others. Thanks for the links Toltec

-wD

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yeh...Can anyone teach me how to fly???
I have been wanting to know HOW?
helen...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
helen...

was that sarcasm, or do I need to go find links?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   

helen...

one word : magnetism.

it should be enough to get you going.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

helen...

was that sarcasm, or do I need to go find links?

Show me the LINKS!!!
helen..

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've been getting more involved with meditation. Several months ago, I was hell-bent on astral projecting. Each night I would put everything aside and attempt to achieve my goal. I truly believe you're getting that much closer when you dedicate time and put forth the effort. Practice makes perfect, no? I had positive results on one occassion only. That night just so happened to be the end of a super emotional day.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I meditate in the dark or with a dark cloth over my eyes to eliminate any distractions.

I keep my eyes open.

I ignore all thought and do not visualize anything. After a while thought ceases and my mind is perfectly still.

Then telepathic communication starts streaming into my mind from my higher self.

Keep a diary of your experiences and after a year or so study the diary and you will see a pattern in when good experiences happen during meditation. Note the times you meditate and the way you feel.

Once you discover the pattern that the awesome experiences happen in then you'll have the key to moving forwards in great leaps and bounds with your spiritual journey.

Years ago I noticed that most of the truly great spiritual masters awoke in the early hours of the morning (before dawn) and meditated for a few hours during that time. That was an important discovery for me because as soon as I tried it I achieved results which were far greater than I had achieved before.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

helen...

According to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, just jump, throw yourself forward, then when you are at your peak, get distracted, so much so, that you completely forget that you are in the air.
Doing this causes Physics to forget that you exist, then you will be flying. But if anyone asks how you are flying and then you try to describe it, you'll fall.

But seriously folks.

Thanks for the help people, I've "dumped" my mind to different sides of my brain, I've never tried the back though, something always tells me to keep out. I never really knew what that was though, so I'm going to try again tonight before I go to bed.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't really think there is a right way or a wrong way to meditate. Most of us do it several times a day without even aknowledging that we are infact meditating. A person can meditate for as little as 5 minutes or as long as 5 hours(talk about dedication!) It's when it's you, peaceful sounds or no sound, and your thoughts and you are focussing on those thoughts and sorting them out. That right there should be enough to get you started. Make it a part of your daily rituals, and never feel badly if you've meditated consecutively for a month and yet nothing seems to be progressing..it takes time for some, even years to perfect their own art of meditation.

I would go with the links Toltec provided though without a doubt! I've already shown tiny improvements in my own mind of meditation due to some of the things/info he's graciously shared

Good luck! I have no doubts you can accomplish this and move into an avid/pro meditator whereby you are assisting others' who were once like you.
Mags

[Edited on 11/11/03 by magestica]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
According to the Buddhists the proper way to meditate is not to close your eyes- you do not want to close yourself from the reality, but accept the reality as it is. Breathing is also one of the key elements to meditation.

Some say that you can imagine your breathing like a door that is swinging, it will help you as a starter. Some people concentrate on small statue of Buddha, some say this is form of worship they wish not to go with.

What is important in the meditation, is to separate the "true nature" from the imaginary one. Mind becomes restless when it goes silent, and this will distract most of those who start to practice meditation. There is no proper given duration for meditation and untrained mind cannot go for several hours in the beginning. Remember that sitting and imagining things that mind creates is not meditation- that will take you nowhere.

For those who are interested, I would recommend reading the Tibetan book of death. You can also find this on YouTube, narrated by Leonard Cohen (sorry, could not get the video link to work properly).

top topics

join