It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juba 2 Video: How 668 U.S soldiers were killed with Juba's Sniper Rifle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Has anyone had a closer look at that website??

IT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!

if you click on support juba, look what you get :

Dear Visitor

You can support Juba with praying to Allah to keep him safe and to make his shots perfect

Distribute Juba video in the different forums and websites to let the world know what is going on to the occupiers in Iraq

Distribute Juba video among your family, neighbors and friends

May Allah reward you.

www.jubaonline.org...

(Note: christian arabs also say allah.)

Also you can get posters!!!!!

That is sooo cool! Resistance merchandise hehhehee

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
near the begining, He says in arabic, "YOur sons in the jails of the OCCUPIERS" and yet for some reason the person who translated it into english wrote "your sons in the jails of the infidels".

Why try so hard to make the resistance look bad. tisk.

-------------

Anyway, to the guy that was jumping up and down saying "juba is dead" what is funny is that in the video it mentions that the US is claiming it killed juba, and that this makes it obvious how much fear the idea of 'juba' strikes into the hearts of the enemy"

You just proved the resistance right to everyone that watched the video.

The funnier still is that your propoganda contradicts itself, you say juba is all along just an invention and then at the same time you say you killed him.

For anyone who is interested in the truth, see the video closely, the resistance pratically spells it out, they have no need to lie. They are honest guys that's for sure, and unlike the US government, they are not patrinising to their people.

-----------------------

P.S. wasn't how he came into the house and stroke of yet another one down, the coolest thing you've ever seen?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Found the Russias snipers name: Vassili Zaitzev
Anyway the Russian army was fighting to repel the German Army and they couldnt, lack of resources. So instead they trained sniper battalions to go out and hunt down German officers to destroy enemy moral and it DID. One sniper was notified for his abilities and his name was Vassili Grigoryevich Zaitzev (Russian: Васи́лий Григо́рьевич За́йцев). He to had a special rifle he used just as Juba which was a Russian WW2 model sniper rifle there is a picture of it here:
en.wikipedia.org...:Vasily.Zaitsev.jpg
Its now in a museum in Moscow last time I checked, the guy has over 12 medals for his fighting and was noted for his training of sniper battalions AFTER Stalingrad. Anyway he had OVER 114 kills in Stalingrad alone, and they claim he killed over 400 people in the long run, with 11 enemy snipers dead as well. So this guy was your ultimate freaking nightmare on the field if you were an officer, however not even Zaitev was able to rack up as many kills as Juba and he was in STALINGRAD where as I have stated before: There were Germans to pop around every corner. So I would say Juba is a battalion name, and if that be the case: those are some darn good snipers. Most propaganda is somewhat correct so if they say over 600 then its around 300 and considering what they are dealing with and there are not as many enemies, they are still darn good snipers in the long run.
Looking at how it says they are using a Russian rifle in the Juba website I would say Juba(s) are modeling themselves after the Russian hero Zaitzev after all he was the best sniper in WW2. Every war has a hero, friend or foe and both sides will give them extra credit on anything and everything just to make them look better. At any rate, just the fact the US government/military tries to say they killed him at every turn but the name keeps popping up shows they are definitely worried about Juba(s) hunting THEM down on their "visits" to Iraq. Syrian Sister pointed this out quiet well, they claim he doesnt exist, then they claim they killed him, his name pops up again, then they claim he doesnt exist, then they claim they killed him, then the name pops back up... get the picture?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"the stalingrad sniper"

you are right they do model it on him, "the baghdad sniper". Though fallujah is more like stalingrad that baghdad.... baghdad is like moscow.

i remember from the documentary that germany actually sent out the teacher/trainer of all the snipers out to kill him, Heinz Thorvald.

And there was huge sniper battles between the two, each where expert snipers, so neither made any mistakes.

In the end, they where both so worn out, the only way the stalingrad sniper killed the german, was by placing his helmet out where it can be seen, and once the german shot it, he made a groan sound as if he had been hit.
The german expert teacher was soo excited that he actually got him that he stood up exposing himeself. That's when the stalingrad sniper got him.

I'm not sure if that story is true or propoganda, there is evidence to back it up, still wether it is or it isn't
what a great story.

Also the baghdad sniper mentions a book "the ultimate sniper" by some general guy, where can i get me one of those?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Probably wont get the book in the USA unless its through the state militia... At any point there WAS documented evidence (found it online once, dont know where) that the Germans got so sick of Zaitsev they sent a Major after him, a Major vs. someone lower than Lt... Zaitzev did win by all accounts since after the battle the German Maj. was no longer on the "living" list but considered KIA. No one can PROVE Zaitzev got him but since the two were at each others throught I would say Zaitzev got him.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, that settles it then!

Still though, the ultimate sniper was written by a US general. surely you can get it where you are.

Did anyone catch the part where that iraqi traitor (you can tell by the uniform) falls over like a tree that was chopped down?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
am i allowed to post amazon links here?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i am not trying to comment on the legitimacy of the Iraqi War,

but they way some of you are commenting on deaths is disgusting.

"it was awesome"

have you lost all humanity?

and don't come back with some evil occupier crap. I told you already I don't really care in this situation. Your simple "chat" about people gettin shot in the head lets me know you don't appreciate life and don't respect the dead.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm so glad this thread is going to die by tomorrow. Some of you are just disgusting. So what if you don't like the government, does that give you the right to go around saying "kill all americans" and "destroy bush" (not exactly those things word for word, but along those lines). There are certain limitations to our freedoms, no one is perfect, nor is this a democracy of a nation, it's a republic. We are mostly democratic, but there are regulations and limitations that all citizens have to be aware of.

Me, I support the government, not Bush. I don't think we should be in Iraq, we should be in places like North Korea where they HAVE nuclear weapons and threaten war when sanctioned. There are certain laws we have to follow, if you don't like it, leave the country, don't stay here and bash it.

I also find it interesting how many terrorist organizations call themselves "Freedom Fighters", as if denoting the fact that they might be fighting for the just causes and reflecting on a false image of patriotism, when in reality they rape, plunder, destroy, cause massive havoc, and when they win do nothing but cause chaos in the state they occupy. Freedom Fighters, more like Hell Hounds.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 24-10-2006 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
First: Who are you commenting on?
Second: I oppose bu#es even more due to their lack of respect for human life, they are willing to kill anywhere, anytime. This is a problem, the only reason you kill others is because they are trying to kill you. However that is no longer the case. They are willing to forcefully create reasons which negates the whole theory of repsepct, honor and trust for others. That way they can kill others based on trumped up charges and false information.
Shattered: I do not support the govt. anymore because of what it has become, I support the ORIGINAL theory of the USA. Bush has betrayed the all the original concepts of the USA and thus has betrayed the USA and needs to be tried for it along with those who supported it. I love the USA but not what it has BECOME, and it needs to change. At the same time I refuse to support those who fight in an illigal war, and YES I HAVE RELATIVES IN THE MILITARY RIGHT NOW and I wont support them so long as they fight there. I will support them if they refuse to fight or are willing to take measures to stop fighting and just need help getting to that point.
By the way there are REAL freedom fighters in the world, Che Guevera was one of them along with Fidel Castro. At the same time there are FALSE freedom fighters such as the ones who commited genocide in Rwanda. Same goes for Iraq, there are REAL freedom fighters, then FALSE freedom fighters.
Just remember this whenever you say or hear: FREEDOM FIGHTER
"ONE MANS TERRORIST IS ANOTHER MANS FREEDOM FIGHTER!"
REMEMBER that saying! They may be a terrorist to you, but they are freedom fighters to someone else.
As for the acusations of rape and murder: The US bu#e troops murder people all the time, rape, torture as well as commit many other crimes against humanity and violate the Geneva Convention ALL THE TIME! So you cant blame anyone without blaming the US govt. at the same time (I use US Govt. as a referance to the administration and others as well) since they are the very ones who start these problems and refuse to fix them.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Vekar]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
First: Who are you commenting on?
Second: I oppose bu#es even more due to their lack of respect for human life, they are willing to kill anywhere, anytime. This is a problem, the only reason you kill others is because they are trying to kill you. However that is no longer the case. They are willing to forcefully create reasons which negates the whole theory of repsepct, honor and trust for others. That way they can kill others based on trumped up charges and false information.

You do realize that Mr. Bush and the actual people out there killing do not always have the same ideals right? Just because Soldier Y got into the army to defend his country does not necessarily mean he feels it is right to kill innocent iraqis. People always seem to get this confused.

I am moderately content with the structure of our government and currently dislike our president and his policies, but I will fight to the death to defend the honor of our troops who are put overseas in a situation that they have no control over.

EDIT: poor grammar

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

If the 'resistance' had a pair they'd get a uniform on and actually fight the US troops instead of sitting in a building and using roadside bombs and sniper rounds.

These guys aren't resistance, they are terrorists. Resistance don't bomb civillians and behead contractors. The guys these snipers fight with have done just that.

You're G darned right.... I usually don't get involved in these - back and forth arguments, but you're post caught my eye...

Thats the best thing I've read on ATS in about a month...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
I will fight to the death to defend the honor of our troops who are put overseas in a situation that they have no control over.

Are yo saying that they can't control the urge to kill civilians?

Everyone has full control of their actions. If someone signed into the military after this war started, knowing that there was a heavy chance that they would be sent to Iraq, and be put in the situation in which they have no control.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions, and the results of those actions. You kill people, other people will come back to kill you.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are you saying that soldiers are targeting civilians in Iraq? Wrong, thanks for playing.

The real question is can the "freedom fighters" resist the urge to kill civilians, since they've killed more Iraqis than coalition troops. Vitchilo even ackowledges this.

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Astygia
But the coalition troops are not targeting civilians, they are after insurgents. Insurgency only gives this craptastic administration another excuse to stay.
We may know that, but the average Iraqi doesn't care, his countrymen weren't dying as much as today before US invaded their country, they have less freedoms than before, they are afraid all the time, a lot of factors are as bad as firing on civilians from their point of view IMO.

But it's okay...as long as you're a "freedom fighter" you can say pretty much anything is as bad as killing civilians, even though it's your own people that are doing most of the damage.

Kind of makes the term lose some definition.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm saying that soldiers are killing civilians. Please disprove this.
I'm also saying that the 'insurgents' have a right to defend their land, as I hope you would do in the same situation.

I also believe that if the US were invaded by oppressive Portuguese, ten a bunch of Americans joined with the Portuguese to further oppress the people, then those Americans are fair game.

I don't think either side should be killing civilians, but they do don't they.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

As for the videos from my beloved resistance what else in the world makes me smile? besides kittens....?

Has anyone had a closer look at that website??
IT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!

Beloved? Cute? So you really see this has some glorious battle between good and evil. Where one side is pure evil because you don’t agree with their actions and the other side is good and honorable because they are fighting them. You are obviously quite naïve to reality if you truly believe this. You don’t even seem to be taking this seriously. It is very rare, if not impossible, that you will ever find a case of true good vs evil, and certainly not here.

Let me ask you a question Syrian Sister. Why is it that you are willing to believe what the insurgents have to say as 100% truth while dismissing anything from the western media as pure propaganda? Is it simply because they are fighting the Americans, and that those fighting a force that is evil couldn’t possible be lying and evil as well?

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Lethys]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Its the choice of the soldier to pull the trigger, NOT THE GOVERNMENT! Any murder commited cannot be called an order because you have to COMPLY with it, soldiers are sworn to follow LEGAL orders not ILLEGAL orders. Therefor they pull that trigger they are commiting a CRIME because they have commited an ILLEGAL activity.
Orders are followed by the soldier not the bullets. The person who fires the bullet even under "orders" is DIRECTLY AND UNQUESTIONINGLY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THAT BULLET HITS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE. I do not believe a court will back you up saying: oh I pulled the trigger and shot a 6 year old... BUT I WAS ORDERED TOO!! SO YOU CANT BLAME ME! I WAS ORDERED TOO! Judge will laught at you along with the court and now your in for life.

Saying your following orders is the lamest excuse for your crimes against the people.
As for the bombings: How many of you remember the Alex Jones report on the FACT that two BRITISH COMMANDOS were captured by the Iraqi police for rigging cars with bombs which were then blown up killing civilians by use of remote control?

edits on adding information.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
If the United States were invaded by a foreign army, and those soldiers were targeting civilians, hell yes I'd plug them.

But the coalition troops are not targeting civilians, they are after insurgents.

Nice contradiction

Did you know the Nazi's called French freedom fighters "insurgents" and "terrorists."

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Whatever the Iraqis have to do to drive out the invaders, they will do: and so would American citizens if their country were under occupation. All you gung-ho blowhards out there should ask yourselves whether, if your town were occupied by an invading army, you'd actually put on a uniform to mark yourself out as an insurgent. Would you even call yourself an insurgent? Don't think so. Did the French Resistance wear armbands or special helmets or badges when they were fighting the Nazis? No, but that's ok because the Nazis were the bad guys.

Well wake up! Because Americans (and, to my shame, the UK) are now the bad guys, it really is that simple. The US and UK invaded a country for no good reason and are really screwing the country up. Now you lot expect insurgents to wear red bandannas or similar BS so your boys know at whom to aim. Well, if you're going to invade another country, be prepared to look like war criminals and DON'T expect the locals to help you out on that one.

Astygia, I respect you, and you've been out there, so you ought to know... but I still think you're not really getting it when you say

But the coalition troops are not targeting civilians, they are after insurgents. Insurgency only gives this craptastic administration another excuse to stay.

First, the US is not going to leave Iraq until they're kicked out; and Iraqis know that their government is a bunch of puppets who can't do anything but the bidding of their masters. They can't renegotiate the Production Service Agreements that mean the oil is going to be profitable for US companies; they can't say to the US, stop building your MASSIVE embassy in Baghdad (using migrant workers in conditions reminiscent of indentured servitude), and we don't want you having massive bases in the desert either, thank you very much.

Second, they're not targeting civilians? How do they know? When you're being shot at, doesn't everyone look like an insurgent? And, of course, there's collateral damage, there's exploding munitions dumps... and, for example,
unfortunate cases of mistaken identity.

BAGHDAD, Oct 24 (Reuters) - U.S. troops killed four Iraqi firefighters in a case of mistaken identity after a report that a firetruck had been hijacked, the military said on Tuesday.

A U.S. statement said troops pulled over a fire truck matching the description of one reported hijacked on Monday in Falluja, a tense town in the western Anbar province.

"The people inside the truck exited quickly and Coalition Forces thought they were armed. Coalition Forces engaged what they thought were armed insurgents with small arms fire," it said, adding that all four were killed.

Oops.

There are a lot of Iraqi civilians being killed, considering US forces are only targeting insurgents... remember the pregnant woman shot in the head as she was being driven to hosptial? The young teenager raped and her whole family killed? There are many, many more.

Ultimately, it boils down to this: the occupation forces shouldn't be there. The resistance has the right to drive them out any way they can. Even if that means my countrymen getting killed.

And if seeing Juba at work makes the Iraqis feel better, then so be it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join