It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a plan for when the feces hits the fan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm gunna pack up my truck and my ATVs and head on up to either the Blue Ridge Mtns. or the Shenandoah Valley. I read on another post that a lot of people would be hiding up in the mountains. I think we could all group up and stay togehter--be a lot safer.

Later

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
TheSaddenedElf > yeah, the mountains are a good idea, thats my general direction as well. Also if you happen to have the spare money, look into an old decomissioned missile silo to restore, as they make quite nice retreats

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Some months ago there was some talk at ATS about pooling resources to fix up one or more old silos for ATS members to use...But after a few days of debate, the whole idea just slid out of sight.

Here's an alternate idea...If the # hits the fan, then that means this website will also hit the skids (more than likely). What if Simon Gray used the money he *used* to spend on ATS to purchase a silo or two? Simon would provide the basic silos & the most loyal ATS members (& staff too, let's not forget
) would bring materials & labor to fix 'em up. After all, I'd be willing to bet that the monthly costs for this now-humongus site probably run into the double-digit thousands...

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would imagine that toilet paper would be worth it's weight in gold.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I don't have a plan, as I'm currently living within 10 miles of a nuclear reactor... a pretty large one at that, so I figure (hope) that it's one of the first ones taken out and death will be quick and painless.

Now if we're not talking about the apocolypse or WW3, and we're talking NWO finally coming forward and being put into place.. then I'm a hard working father of 1 who doesn't cause any trouble, I just want to work and mind my business.

If it would be the aliens coming out of "hiding" then again I'm a peace loving man, welcome to earth, can I buy you a beer ?

Should the aliens be hostile, then get the hell outta my way, I've got a gun and I'm blasting anything Gray or reptillian.....

Where do you live? I live in PA near Three Mile Island. If the shiat does hit the fan, I want to be at ground ZERO I dont wanna live through it. Yep and if the aliens are hostile, I would go to my save room, get in the box, grab my grenade launcher and be set to go LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I live right near McDill AFB, so I'm pretty much screwed, hehe..... At least I'll go quick....

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I would imagine that toilet paper would be worth it's weight in gold.

Why would we need that when we have the three sea shells? lmaoroff

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I don't have a plan, as I'm currently living within 10 miles of a nuclear reactor... a pretty large one at that, so I figure (hope) that it's one of the first ones taken out and death will be quick and painless.

Now if we're not talking about the apocolypse or WW3, and we're talking NWO finally coming forward and being put into place.. then I'm a hard working father of 1 who doesn't cause any trouble, I just want to work and mind my business.

If it would be the aliens coming out of "hiding" then again I'm a peace loving man, welcome to earth, can I buy you a beer ?

Should the aliens be hostile, then get the hell outta my way, I've got a gun and I'm blasting anything Gray or reptillian.....

will it look like i am in the same boot

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've just spent the last half an hour reading through: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(I'm a slow reader!) I thought it was a great thread, I would have added my thoughts to it instead of starting a new thread if I'd have seen it

In answer to my own question, I live in a city, so I can imagine things shooting off quite suddenly, but not living in the capital or in the center of things, I think I will have sufficient time to formulate a plan of what to do, although it will be a "do it now, or never" situation.

Reading through the above thread, I'm thinking that, for me, it might make more sense to manouver to an area which is a little further away from urban areas than I am now living, but try and keep in the vicinity of urban life so that I could find some sort of shelter, and maybe supplies.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If #s gonna hit the fan there's little anyone can do about it. You can either freak out and start acting like a lunatic escapee from the local psych ward, or you can do what i'm going to do which would be to sit down, enjoy the view, and make sure i have lots of something very nice to drink and maybe a joint for special effects purposes

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hahaha...gonna go streaking through the neighborhood...NAKED!! Nah...nevermind...I've asked this before. I like the idea of building a safe house in the basement and having a secret entrance to and from the area. If anything were to "go down"...then...raze the house making it look as if no one could live there...jump in the safe house...and come out to check things out every once in a while.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
~Well if you know your going to die you might as well do the things you've always wanted to do but was afraid of being caught. No I'm not prepped for the end and if it were coming any time soon, i would be screwed because I'm joining the service next year.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No I'm not prepped for the end and if it were coming any time soon, i would be screwed because I'm joining the service next year.

Better brush up on your Arabic and Korean....
Oh, and you are screwed.....

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiwifish
Why would we need that when we have the three sea shells? lmaoroff

I live in the middle of "America's Breadbasket"...I'll always have access to corn cobs...

OOOOOWWWW!

I may not live through the initial nukes, though...I live only a few miles from an Army air base & an International level Airport.

Since I *like* being mysterious, I'm not going to specify which base or airport...At least, not on a website that's very likely being monitored.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Most of you are already on the yellow list for sure.
You will be the second group to go.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPLURIBUSUNUM

hmmm, whats the 'yellow' list? And where will those in this list go? How does one get onto the first list?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPLURIBUSUNUM

Can I be on the list, I never get put onto lists (never get invited anywhere either).

I have got my spot all picked out for the end of the world, high up on the banks of Loch Ness in an old Bothy (shack). That has its own spring which is incased in Granite.

As for food, I have lots of Choclate

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well it depends on what # your talking about.

I currently have a 6 month plan to leave Stockton, CA and go to ID. I think CA currently is a bombshell ready to explode. My plan will go on from their depending on circumstances.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
if i recall correctly...Kiwifish, near TMI is also the Indian Echo Caverns
my imagination s were fanciful, in those rides from Hbg to Hershey, back in the day....
~~~+++~~~~
all i know is that somehow, dressed in a toga type robe & having a 'shepherds staff', my fu-man-chu down to my navel...i will be telling stories of the follies of the past.
--> go ahead and die if you want to, or hide if you need to...
-> actually that post about a 'secret bunker' is tantalizing...in a stephen king kinda way....

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i guess i've finally chosen a suitable avatar for this post
rodents are the most likely to survive...

chances are, i'll probably buy ammo for a TMP, and an AK47 would be next(typical chechna weapons).
no grenades needed....they ost too much, i'd stock up on fuel(i'll probably buy an old tanker+the fuel within.)
a Zeal 4x4 with a Bmw chassis and 3L engine, u can work miracles with this combination, the vehicle is virtually bulletproof,courtesy of the soviet steelworks..)
my parents currently built a 3m wall surrounding 5 acres of land...
this...is helpful, especially when on a hill.
basically...you wanna spend all your money if you feel something's up, spend on things u know will be useful, inflation is a predictable phase.
i am in the ukraine btw.... i understand you guys dont have that option in the overrun/populated US...
when in doubt place
barbed wire on the perimeter charged up by an instant switch 220v from a UPS system backed up by a generator, fuel? a tankerful...

the barbed wire on a wall seems effective...in a way

radio-wave monitoring equipment...reliant on UPS(nuclear fallout would have rendered solar panels useless.)
food....my only problem, rations? farming i guess
, but no1 in my family has a clue on that...i guess i better take up agriculture in school while im at it.
my house is double-sided with "shlackablock" russian term for brick with holes? in the middle....this comes in handy when the cold settles in TRUST ME!! 1 inch of cement encasing the outer perimeter which in turn is encased by a layer of granite slabs...(this is the expensive bit...but it gives u a longer period of time b4 ur walls crumble from the shockwave, a LOT more time, granite and highly calciumated materials are usually found in residue form after nuclear blast, this acts as a sacrificial boundary between U&the nuke.)
oh...and place loads of metal rods in the walls, creating a cage-like effect BEFORE you fill in the cemented walls, prevents cracks, whats the point of a safe if you've got a gaping crack in the middle??
landmines seem like a good idea...handmade ones are better, dont ask how....
molotov cocktails can be made by using small ammounts of fuel in >>>>glass bottles

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join