It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police won't arrest Muslims during Ramadan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Police in Manchester have been told not to arrest Muslims wanted on warrants at prayer times during Ramadan.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now seriously, this is getting WAY out of hand... from the police beatings and torching of cars in France and now THIS in the UK?

The Europeans have really done it... they've gone to a point of no return. I don't see them forbidding arrests during Easter or something, the Brits have really cozied up to the Muslims a bit too much.

BTW, what the hell happened to seperation between Church and state? How can they let religion get in the way of police and state duties. They are sworn to protect the people of England and yet they let wanted Muslims wander the streets because of "religious sensitivity?" RIDICULOUS!

[edit on 22-10-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Political correctness. Its a cancer of society. Its got to the point where nothing surprises me now.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well if you think about it they have no choice. If they arrest a muslim at prayer their would be a uprising this would be where they burn more cars and break some windows maybe even put someone on the hitlist. This would all be done in the name of the poor and opressed people that are just trying to live in peace.
In other terms you may call it some type of Blackmail.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
NO !

please read the article correctly instead of jumping to conclusions

they will arrest muslims during ramadan ,

they will not serve arrest warrents for none violent offences such as fines arrears ,

there is a big difference

there is no " favouritism " - police and courts have traditionaly held warrents issued in december over till the second week in janurary .

get over it .

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ramadan, Christmas, Easter, Yom Kippur, .. whatever. If someone has done a crime and an arrest warrent has to be issued, then go and issue it.

It's that person's problem that they committed a crime. Holidays shouldn't protect anyone from receiving justice.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
NO !

there is no " favouritism " - police and courts have traditionaly held warrents issued in december over till the second week in janurary .

Well said.

What the hell is this anyway? I see no conspiratorial angle, all I can see here, is the truth being twisted to fit an agenda. It's pure BS, and should have no place here at ATS.

The anti-Muslim rhetoric is getting way out of hand here at ATS, and I think it's high time something was done about it. When the hell are people going to stop forming opinions based on creed? We're supposed to be enlightened folk, you drag yourself down, and you drag each and every one of us down by posting such BS.

Sort it out FFS.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
"there is no " favouritism " - police and courts have traditionaly held warrents issued in december over till the second week in janurary .

get over it ."

What a load of rubbish. Try working Police Custody over christmas and new year - Warrants are executed over these periods - motoring offences / robberies / fines / you name it it gets done.

If you have any evidence or experience of any thing different then you sure as hell don't live within the metropolitan police region or thames valley.

From personal experience I can tell you that we have had a person in custody for four days over christmas waiting for magistrates court on motoring offences... so no, this IS favoritism from GMP service.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

What a load of rubbish. Try working Police Custody over christmas and new year - Warrants are executed over these periods - motoring offences / robberies / fines / you name it it gets done.

holy fooking strawman batman - they still arrest robbers ???????-- no one said they dont - sheesh

as you are claiming it please show evidence that outstanding fines warrants are actually proccessed during the xmass fortnight ??

as for motoring offences - over christmass that ussually translates to DD [ DRUNK DRIVING - or DUI for our american ATSers ]

If you have any evidence or experience of any thing different then you sure as hell don't live within the metropolitan police region or thames valley.

yes - i hhave confirmed it - and 3 serving / ex ploice who i trust implicitly - all told me roughly the same thing :

to paraphrase :

no we do not serve outstanding trivial warrants at christmass , with leave , the mass of drunk drivers , theives / pickpockets we round up in shopping centres , and pissed up scroats fighting - we do not have time to process them - or room to hold them - cos they will not see a court schedule over chiristmas unless they killed someone - and need to be remanded for a further period .

and no i do not live in the met catchment area

From personal experience I can tell you that we have had a person in custody for four days over christmas waiting for magistrates court on motoring offences... so no, this IS favoritism from GMP service.

what was the charge ????????????? DD ???????????????? pray tell , i am all ears - what exactly were you arrested for -- and most important what were you actually charged with when you appeared before the beaks ?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think most people didn't read that story properly.

They will still arest people in ramadan but they will not arrest them while they are praying in mosques but will/can arrest them before they enter or leave the mosque. They just arn't going to disturb the whole place to catch one guy.

Police in Manchester have been told not to arrest Muslims wanted on warrants at prayer times during Ramadan.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed it had asked detectives not to make planned arrests during those periods for reasons of religious sensitivity.
news.bbc.co.uk...

also

The internal email was sent to staff listing the prayer times, but confusion arose and a second memo was sent clarifying it was not a total ban on arresting Muslims at these times.
news.bbc.co.uk...

So they can still be arrested at these times if they really need to be arrested.

top topics

join