It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Sucks 12 Years From FDNY Lungs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

FDNY rescuers who sucked in toxic air while working at Ground Zero lost the equivalent of 12 years of lung function after the World Trade Center attacks, a bombshell health study shows.

"World Trade Center exposure produced a substantial reduction in pulmonary function in New York City Fire Department rescue workers during the first year following 9/11/01," according to the analysis of 12,079 fire and EMT workers conducted by Montefiore Medical Center-Einstein College and the FDNY.

The respiratory loss "equaled 12 years of aging-related decline," the report said.

Read the rest here

So not only did they kill 343 of New Yorks finest, they took 12 years of life from the rest that were at ground zero. Whoever was responcible for 9/11 needs to be behind bars!

[edit on 22-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That really does suck....it actually doesn't mean 12 years of life. Your lungs are one of the best parts in your body so 12 years...you may just need a respirator...it doesnt mean tehey will die.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Not good at all...

Hope they get Bin Laden soon. He needs to pay for what he's done.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

Not going to happen. He's probably already dead anyhow.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Al Quaeda are notorious for reporting their deaths. They do it to get on top of the situation and tell it their way before the US media can.

So why announce/confirm the death of high ranking AQ operatives, Al-Zarqawi and Taleban members but hide the death of Bin Laden?

Another logic error brought to you in part by 9/11 CT'ers. What's that logic error #168,604?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So why announce/confirm the death of high ranking AQ operatives, Al-Zarqawi and Taleban members but hide the death of Bin Laden?

Speaking of bad logic, this is a non-sequitur. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I feel that the FDNY will be bringing multiple lawsuits in the future based on what happened on 9/11, and I hope they are provided everything that they need after the heroic and selfless actions they took on 9/11.

side note- If Bin Laden was dead, he would be proclaimed a martyr and it would be a boost the AQ. OBL is not the only 'leader' of this organization, he is just the most widely known.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Not going to happen. He's probably already dead anyhow.

I gave up trying to make this point to people. People who don't wanna see the actual proof, sit there and say wtf, those sources suck...

So no matter how much you show someone this they will not agree...
Especially someone like doctorfungi...................................

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
side note- If Bin Laden was dead, he would be proclaimed a martyr and it would be a boost the AQ. OBL is not the only 'leader' of this organization, he is just the most widely known.

see my point.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I feel that the FDNY will be bringing multiple lawsuits in the future based on what happened on 9/11, and I hope they are provided everything that they need after the heroic and selfless actions they took on 9/11.

They sacrificed so much. I salute the FDNY, much, much respect just to be a firefighter in that city, let alone what happened on the horrible day. They will be avenged...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have always wondered about this......

I wonder how many alarms were sent to thje Twin Towers? I do know this though, the third alarm transmission for 1 World Trade was at 8:48 a.m. Also, while enroute from their station, Engine 1-0 did declare a 10-60 for the North Tower. If you are wondering what a 10-60 is, it is the FDNY ten code for a major emergency. I think a 10-76 was also declared too.

10-76 Working Fire in a High-Rise Office Building

5 Engines, 5 Trucks, 4 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Deputy Chief,

1 Rescue, Mask Service Unit, Hi-Rise Unit,

Field Communications Unit, 1 Squad, 1 Tactical Support

Unit, 1 Rehab (RAC) Unit, Rescue Operations Chief,

Safety Chief, Safety Coordinating Chief, 1 Command

Post Company

new topics

top topics

join