It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Arrogant' US has failed, says top Washington Spin Doctor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
'Arrogant' US has failed, says spin doctor

So said Alberto Fernandez, director of public diplomacy at the state department's bureau of near eastern affairs. Everyday more and more top and ex-top officials and military from both sides of the Atlantic are coming out against the war in Iraq. How long can it be before there is a major shift in the 'stay the course' policy, and are we now witnessing the downfall of Bush?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hmm I was wondering how soon before he would either have his life threatened or his job threatened. You cannot be honest and work for this administration...that would be a No-No

english.aljazeera.net...

US diplomat retracts Iraq comments

Monday 23 October 2006, 5:05 Makka Time, 2:05 GMT

Fernandez said the US showed 'stupidity' in dealing with Iraq

A senior US diplomat has retracted comments he made in an interview with Aljazeera where he said Washington had shown "arrogance" and "stupidity" in dealing with Iraq.

Pie

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, Oct. 22 — A senior State Department official apologized Sunday night for saying that the United States had acted with “arrogance” and “stupidity” in its campaign in Iraq.

The apology from Alberto Fernandez, director of the office of press and public diplomacy in the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs in Washington, involved a comment that he had made during an interview conducted in Arabic and broadcast Saturday on Al Jazeera, the Arab television network.

“Upon reading the transcript of my appearance on Al Jazeera, I realized that I seriously misspoke by using the phrase ‘There has been arrogance and stupidity by the U.S. in Iraq.’ This represents neither my views, or those of the State Department. I apologize.”

NY TIMES

The political way of voicing your opinion, saying and then apologizing

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
How long can it be before there is a major shift in the 'stay the course' policy, and are we now witnessing the downfall of Bush?

Of course not.

Didn't you hear?

Bush never had a "Stay the course" policy.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i can't belive EVEN THAT GUY said it.

America's boat must be sinking, cause they all seem to want to jump out faster than the other guy.

top topics

join