It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Sunni, Shiite clerics sign peace appeal in Mecca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Couldnt be,
Cant be,

www.tehrantimes.com.../22/2006&Cat=2&Num=018

how can the two factions of declared peace on Friday?
Its monday and I never saw one word of this spoken....

You'd think if this was so easy to do, why didnt they do it from the begining?

"MECCA, Saudi Arabia (AFP) - Iraqi Shiite and Sunni clerics meeting in Islam's holiest city on Friday signed a text calling for a halt to sectarian bloodletting in war-torn Iraq.

At the meeting, organized by the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference, the 29 clerics from the two sides of the country's religious divide signed a document stipulating that "spilling Muslim blood is forbidden"."

So what... everyones going to put there guns down now shake hands and focus on the American's?

What am I missing here,
this would be a major obstacle over come..

Yet, I need to go looking through Iranian News sources?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
as a muslim i find is dispicible that these so called muslims need to sign a peace of paper to stop spilling the blood of their muslim brothers and sisters

they should know full stop that spilling the blood of other muslims and none muslims is a one way ticket to hell

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
looks like the US plans for civil war are failing.

bodrul, your such a softy. not just in this post but in other posts i've read from you. I don't respect that sort of attitude.

For what are you appologising? Who's favour are you trying to gain? Why do you feel you have to defend yourself against lies and accusations? Don't pay head to the words of racists and fools and don't even try to get on their side. Carry yourself with some dignity and pride.

Your basically backing up their propoganda that muslims are going around killing each other and innocent civilians in the millions. That's what's making me

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Syrian Sister,

Months ago I asked you a question which you didn't answer for some reason. I'll ask it again. To me it seems that you terribly hate our Western society, yet you are living in Australia. If you hate us Westerners and our societies so deeply, why don't you return to your beloved Syria?

All past comments I've seen from you are sarcastic and condescending towards Westerners. Though, you and likeminded Muslims are parasitizing our communities since you are not able to live a decent life, express your opinion in countries such as Syria. If you have nothing useful to contribute just refrain from posting because you are making yourself look like a clown.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

So many pro-Bushists asking me to stop posting these days, i guess that means your only affraid of what i have to say.
i'll take that as a compliment

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
So many pro-Bushists asking me to stop posting these days, i guess that means your only affraid of what i have to say.
i'll take that as a compliment

Thank, I'll read it with pleasure. Affraid not, getting annoyed yes. Calling me a pro-Bushist... you obviously haven't read my threads

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well you said i hate "western society" , and i never said that in any of my posts, you just applied stereotypes, and i did it right back to you.

So i guess we are even.

if only we had JOLT cola in this state.....

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Couldnt be,
Cant be,

www.tehrantimes.com.../22/2006&Cat=2&Num=018

[......]

Yet, I need to go looking through Iranian News sources?

here's another report on the signing...
www.asharqalawsat.com...

22/10/2006

[...]

Iraqi Shiite and Sunni clerics met Friday in the Muslim holy city of Mecca and collectively called for an end to secterian vilence that many fear could lead to civil war in Iraq.

...it also urged the release of Muslim and non-Muslim hostages.

i don't think this is anything like a cease fire
it's just 'Clerics' voicing a call for civility...

& trying to interject Muslim restraint on the scope of war/battle actions,
i guess as a version of the western worlds 'Geneva Convention' rules of war.??

any how, your right in pointing out that the western media
has made no notice of this voice & action, thru the OIC,..... for 'moderation'
(wonder ?why? that is??)- - (election time in USA? & continued ploy of demonizing Muslims?)

[edit on 24-10-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am just wondering what is going on behind the scenes???

Did the US sit down both sides and say if you stop murdering/bombing each other, we can set a timetable to have us forces leave iraq-else, how can we leave when the country is like this???

Iran once made an offer to help resolve issues in Iraq-if they can do it WITHOUT taking over-that would be nice.

It would be more than that, think of all the BS the Iranian arse, er president can spew if he helped resolve Iraq?

Think of how that might put him in a better postion to "CLAIM" iran's nuclear bomb program really is a peaceful power generating program-
I would find it much more believeable if the "Power Plant" had infrastructure to take power from the plant to the Iranian main power grid)

[edit on 10/24/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

bodrul, your such a softy. not just in this post but in other posts i've read from you. I don't respect that sort of attitude.

Go read my replies to topics again and see my attitude (and i am not looking for your respect)

on countless topics i have always deffended why Muslims shouldn't appoligise when countless muslims are killed and being killed thanks to the Lust of power and greed of the united states and co.

For what are you appologising? Who's favour are you trying to gain? Why do you feel you have to defend yourself against lies and accusations? Don't pay head to the words of racists and fools and don't even try to get on their side. Carry yourself with some dignity and pride.

does my reply look like i am defending my self?
Read the quran if you are muslim. unless your one of those people that will take the contents and use it to justify mass murder. as a muslim we should have respect for those with other faiths and only use violence at last resort and thats only against those who cause us harm not those who do nothing

also i look at news from all sources and unlike you i dont turn a blind eye to one side

Your basically backing up their propoganda that muslims are going around killing each other and innocent civilians in the millions. That's what's making me

as i said read my replies to topics again, and where did you get millions from?
secaterian violence in the middle east has been going on for ages

face the fact these muslims dont give a ***** about the teachings of the quran

ps i will defend my religon but i will not defend the nut cases who use my religon to justify murder

[edit on 24-10-2006 by bodrul]

[Edited typo at member's request.]

[edit on 29/10/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
defend your religion how? by accepting the lies against it.

ok, maybe i was a little harsh, and i am starting to regret it. I certainly don't see you as an enemy on this forum, and perhaps even an ally. Though i wish you where more... underlining what actually mattered instead of focusing so much one what the pro Bushists want to hear from you. I'm sorry that i find it infuriating.

I agree that you don't always do it, but i guess i haven't read enough of your posts...

I'll try to read them more closely from now on.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

defend your religion how? by accepting the lies against it.

lies? then all those muslim news channels must also be under the cover of western properganda.

ok, maybe i was a little harsh, and i am starting to regret it. I certainly don't see you as an enemy on this forum, and perhaps even an ally. Though i wish you where more... underlining what actually mattered instead of focusing so much one what the pro Bushists want to hear from you. I'm sorry that i find it infuriating.

i say what i please , if it offends your or the bushists out there.
tuff luck

I'll try to read them more closely from now on.

please do and you will see where i stand and what matters to me

[edit on 24-10-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Bodrul, while I agree with you, SS does beleive that all these reports of muslims doing bad things, are in fact lies. She beleives, as far as I recall, that the killing of innocent civilians in terror attacks are all false flag operations carried out by american and other anglo troopers. And that the real resistance is only targeting the coalition troops, in a defense of their fellow muslims and the sovereignty of iraq.

So, at least, you can see why she doesn't see a need for muslims to apologize, because, in her understanding, these horrors aren't being carried out by muslims. Ironically, you both have the same understanding of what muslims are supposed to be doing, she beleives that muslims are living up to those requirements, and that the little deluded dupes of the illuminati are carrying out these attacks disguised as muslims.

new topics

top topics

join