It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/10/07/wmid07.xml
www.debka.com...

The 2nd article states
"The final Hamas-Fatah confrontation is planned to go ahead in both territories straight after the Eid festival Wednesday, Oct.25 and is expected to expand into a full-blown civil war"

Why isnt this being reported?

Palestines on the verge of all out conflict,

Scores of weapons, bomb makers and commando's have entered through egypt...

What will the ripple effect be, should Palestine split into two?
The article also states its merely a trap from syria/iran for Israel?
so whats going on?

Israel failed on the 22nd Oct to come to a agreement on what action to take.

Do you get the feeling they are going to allow these two factions to go at it full ball and remove half of their problem?

I believe, Iran and syria are going to back HAMAS,
while Israel backs Fatah.

Is this another proxy war much like Lebanon?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hamas is a terror slash political organization. They are better at taking care of the people, they pretty much blow it when they attempt international relation. Fatah is their polar opposite. Fatah is not liked by Israel but is prefered, America prefers them as well because at least then can we sit down and attempt to talk. Hamas's irational actions will lead to further military strikes by Israel, Israel has any right to attack Palastine if it is deemed a threat, Hamas is a threat to Israel or so they feel that way. There is also a sense of nationalism within the state split in 2. Hamas feel Fatah is weak, and do not act like real Muslims should >> attack Israel. I cannot see this becoming a full blown civil war. Israel has no intrest in supplying Fatah, because if Hamas destroys Fatah and becomes the true leaders.. the world will be less kind next time Israel bombs them to bits .. again. Syrians would prefer Fatah actually.. Syria talks bad but they are nothing, the government has no intrest in a war with Israel and if you look into Syrian/Palestinian history... they are not friends.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Granted,
But Israel arent going to sit back in my opinion and allow hamas to overthrow fatah.

hamas has done nothing but be a problem for israel, fatah has atleast stated they will recognise israel..

Syria is weak, are they weak enough to ALLOW iran to push them about and make sure they backup the 'right' group here?

Palestinian governmnet has been getting wound up this last few months..
armed gunmen taking to the streets is a regular occurance now.

All this hardware and knowledge isnt coming across the border to stand up 'politically' either.

I feel that a battle is brewing here,

Iran/Syria failed in Lebanon to drag israel into a wider conflict..
so how about the take over palestine, then launch a major blitz from within israeli territory?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Syia will no doubt be an open highway for Iran to do as it wishes.. they are an unwilling middle man in my opinion, they have no actual desire to be in a conflict yet everyone puts them in a position that would force them into one. Such as, Iraq had WMDs.. we know they did, know this because we gave them to Saddam. Where did they go? It is assume in the Bakka valley where Syria may have been strong armed into burrying them there. Then Iran and Hezbollah issue, Syria does not like Israel.. they do not like Iran as much as the media says they do.. Syria is enjoying a nice equalibrium of peace with Israel and if anything is getting anoyed at both parties because they are in the middle.

Would Iran allow Israel to back Fatah and support Hammas? No doubt Iran prefers Hammas but Iran has no relation to the palesinians.. the Palestinians are Sunni for one, Iran #e, and Iran honestly does not want a war with Israel, even if it is in a broader war where more then 1 or 2 countries fight Israel. We saw Israel in the Israeli Lebanon war.. it would appear Israel lost... because they pulled back I guess.. I honestly cannot see how anyone actually thinks they lost. Any ways, Israel walked all over Lebannon.. they looked the world in the eye and they desimated a nation. That is bold, that truly shows power, and ergardless of where they buy their weapons no one honestly wants a war with Israel except these little political groups because they use it to get power within their own people. Hezbollah lost thousands of men, their net works destroyed yet politically they grew.

I just don't see anything coming of these events.. Hammas and FAtah have fought before.. a full out civil war will mean nothing because their neighbors don't even like them, and Israel wouldn't step into the middle .. I mean it is their enemy destroying them selves?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There has been a major weapons build up in Palastine that were brought in by Syria in recent months. I think that Fatah knows of a plan to attack Israel by Hamas and Syria storming the walls per say. Fatah knows this will kill many in Palastine and end any chance that they have for land or peace. It would be interesting to know how many Syrians have ammased at the borders or in Palastine stagging for the attack. What I am wondering though is will Iran send Rockets of some type to start the whole thing off.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If they don't fight the Israeli's, they fight each other. Thats what you get when every aspect of Palestinian society brainwashes, instills hate, spreads lies and encorages violence above employment and civic pride.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
If they don't fight the Israeli's, they fight each other. Thats what you get when every aspect of Palestinian society brainwashes, instills hate, spreads lies and encorages violence above employment and civic pride.

So this hatred just manifests itself out of nowhere? The hatred and disrespect for their neighbors is only one-sided? I say thats bogus. There is ALWAYS a reason for everything. I wonder. If someone took your house, your land, your livelihood , your hard work, your familiies bequethement to you from generations past, would you still like them?

Settlements grow on Arab land, despite promises made to U.S.

By Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondent

A secret, two year investigation by the defense establishment shows that there has been rampant illegal construction in dozens of settlements and in many cases involving privately owned Palestinian properties.

The information in the study was presented to two defense ministers, Amir Peretz and his predecessor Shaul Mofaz, but was not released in public and a number of people participating in the investigations were asked to sign non-disclosure agreements.

According to security sources familiar with the study, the material is "political and diplomatic dynamite."

In conversations with Haaretz, the sources maintained that the report is not being made public in order to avoid a crisis with the U.S. government.

Brigadier General Baruch Spiegel, assistant to the Defense Minister, retired earlier this month. Spiegel was also in charge of the various issues relating to the territories, which Dov Weisglass, chief of staff in prime minister Ariel Sharon's office, promised Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in writing that Israel would deal with. These commitments included illegal settlement building, improvements in the conditions of Palestinian civilians, and a closer oversight over the conduct of soldiers at IDF roadblocks.

One of Spiegel's tasks was to update the data base on settlement activities. During talks with American officials and non-government organizations such as Peace Now, it emerged that the defense establishment lacked up to date information on the settlements, which was mostly based on data provided by the Civil Administration in the territories.

The lack of updated information stemmed from the fact that the defense establishment preferred not to know what was going on, but was also linked to a number of key officials in the Civil Administration actively deleting information from the data base out of ideological allegiance with the settlers.

Source

Bear in mind this was 2 year investigation. It does not say how long this has been occurring for. It could be decades. It also verifies what the Palestinians have been complaining about for ages, that the Settlers are taking their lands.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
These peoples are a model for anger management. If they cant take it out on another enemy, then they will just take it out on each other. Barbarism. But what esle wwould one expect from folks who will strap on bomb belts and commit suicide? You cant negotiate with people like that and now they are showing theri true colors by attacking each other. Quite pitiful.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So Hitler had good reason for slaugtering Jews, Gypsies, Gays.... Those pesky Gypsies really got in the way of Hitler, they must of put a curse on him?

You don't get it do you, life sucks...people abuse other people. Why are Palestinians allowed to Murder, Hate and retalliate againt perceived Oppression, when for instance the Sudanese people can't? Christians being slaugtered in Indonesia can't? Why is America wrong in waging a war in retaliation for 9/11? There must of been a reason for it?

People are persecuted all over the world and yet they don't lower themselves to the level of babarians all in the name of bloodthirsty revenge.

Palestinians are growing up being told lies. Why lie? Yes the Israeli's have taken land and have done questionable things. Tell the kids the truth and let them decide for themselves whether they are moral and justified in retaliating. Some Arabs and Muslims have hated Jews YEARS BEFORE the creation of Israel. Infact racial hatred in religious text and schools actually often predate the creation of Israel.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
If they don't fight the Israeli's, they fight each other. Thats what you get when

No that's not what you get because of the reasons you state. It's because of the Israeli's making it impossible for Palestinian civilians to live in Palestine.

Watch this and come back then.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have watched that biased video. It hasn't changed my opinion on the matter either.

top topics

join