It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
sure looks to me like the one deltaboy just posted looks pretty damn real....but im done arguing the point....ive said my piece and thats all i wanted to do....all im saying is do some of your own research if your not getting the insight your looking for... besides saying over and over and over and over and over and over again...hmmm that one just looks cgi to me....its getting lame

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptik1st
sure looks to me like the one deltaboy just posted looks pretty damn real....but im done arguing the point....ive said my piece and thats all i wanted to do....all im saying is do some of your own research if your not getting the insight your looking for... besides saying over and over and over and over and over and over again...hmmm that one just looks cgi to me....its getting lame

Hello friend,

Did you miss what i said about delta's pic? i said that it looks more real then fake and i thanked him for providing me the pic.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
so thread closed...you got your pick...have a good day

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Thanks for those pics they are great.

Those looks more real then fake that's for sure.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by selfless]

Now imagine that image zoomed out colors that don't show the contrast, and shrunk to fit your computer screen. That's what you've been getting all long. It's not CGI it's lack of detail that you're seeing.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Thanks for those pics they are great.

Those looks more real then fake that's for sure.

Now imagine that image zoomed out colors that don't show the contrast, and shrunk to fit your computer screen. That's what you've been getting all long. It's not CGI it's lack of detail that you're seeing.

Well as far as im concerned i don't agree but that's cool. we all have our different opinions.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Your English is too good for you to be having problems understanding the post's. In fact you write like a native. It would appear your mind is made up so no picture will ever satisfy you. I gave you two hours of my time comparing photos and took the time to download and investigate the Cassini images which are real and unaltered. There is zero evidence of manipulation. When experts take time to assist you it is a slap in the face to respond like you are. I think you are just a bored adolescent Trolling for points and trying to keep the thread going. English is either your native language or you have been immersed in it for years. When in the future you authentically need help, you may find it impossible to find anyone willing. I approached this with an open mind and you should do the same. I'm paid $600 a day for my work. I'm contracted 3 years in advance. I gave you the benefit of the doubt up to now, but I see it was unfounded.

Buy a copy of Photoshop CS2 and the best forensic plug-ins you can find and do the research yourself. Don't even waste your time with Paint Shop Pro and crappy free plug-ins. You will need at least two years of intensive study to even begin to know what you are talking about. Then you will be somewhat qualified to spot photo manipulation and fraud. Until then you should stop asking for others to do it for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this thread a lot today. It's actually the thread that I paid the most attention to. I can't for the life of me figure out why. There are more interesting threads on this board. There are more demanding events taking place in the world. But for some insane reason my efforts have been on convincing this dude that ‘yes that is Saturn.’

I’ve supplied all of the evidence that I could. Read posts by people more experienced and more intelligent than myself go at this thread hard, and still, there is no convincing Selfless. And, even further, he’s taken it in stride, and simply says “No, I don’t believe it”.

I wonder what the first person who thought about the Earth revolving around the sun. People would say “Dude, look at it! It’s coming up over there, and going over there! What are you talking about?!” At that point they could either stick by their theory, or follow the rest of “sane” society.

While I find it unlikely that these images have been altered, go ahead and not believe Selfless. Why not? I believe in aliens and Bigfoot. I believe in reptilians running the world. Go ahead and believe what you want about Saturn. We all have our crazy idiosyncrasies.

I did enjoy making the Borg planet though.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Why would i waste my time answering something to someone who redicules me?
Right, i wouldn't.

I'm not ridiculing you, that picture was just funny. Sorry if you seen it that way.
OK, you said something about the other gas giants...Well, Neptune and Uranus are quite dull, with few details, taken with a not so good resolution camera - ie voyager 2 spacecraft (and this falls under what blain said). On the contrary, Jupiter has a lot of detail (and this falls under what you said about the moon pics) . Saturn, however, falls in between. It's not that dull, but it lacks all that detail Jupiter has. Maybe the fact that you see a quite clear shot (perfect rings, perfect edgees) of a planet with few surface feature makes you think it's computer generated.
Lets try something:
Both these pictures look computer generated for you?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Blaine91555,

I am sorry if i offended you, that was not my intention.

Just because you are a professional doesn't mean you have been to saturn and taken a real picture for your self so please don't get mad if just because you are a profesional i don't stop my search for a real close up pic of saturn.

I thanked you for the 2 images you provided us with and they do look real.

Again, im sorry if you took it bad my friend :0

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I’ve supplied all of the evidence that I could. Read posts by people more experienced and more intelligent than myself go at this thread hard, and still, there is no convincing Selfless. And, even further, he’s taken it in stride, and simply says “No, I don’t believe it”.

You need to stop thinking about this thread all day and actually read it, there has been some photo's that were presented to me that i think looks real and i have said it previously.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apass

Why would i waste my time answering something to someone who redicules me?
Right, i wouldn't.

I'm not ridiculing you, that picture was just funny. Sorry if you seen it that way.
OK, you said something about the other gas giants...Well, Neptune and Uranus are quite dull, with few details, taken with a not so good resolution camera - ie voyager 2 spacecraft (and this falls under what blain said). On the contrary, Jupiter has a lot of detail (and this falls under what you said about the moon pics) . Saturn, however, falls in between. It's not that dull, but it lacks all that detail Jupiter has. Maybe the fact that you see a quite clear shot (perfect rings, perfect edgees) of a planet with few surface feature makes you think it's computer generated.
Lets try something:
Both these pictures look computer generated for you?

Yeah it looks like the same but the second one have motion blur or just blur in photo shop.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
But do they both look computer generated? The second one was indeed blured with a gaussian blur filter.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Apass please don't drive your self crazy trying to convince me of your opinion.

I don't force you to think these pics are real or not :0

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Relax, man. I'm not trying to force you to believe my opinion. I'm just trying to understand what makes you say those saturn images are computer generated.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

But do they both look computer generated? The second one was indeed blured with a gaussian blur filter.

Did you rotate it a bit to make me think they are 2 different pictures so that you can accuse me of not knowing the difference between a sharp crisp image and the same image with a photo shop blur?

Were you gonna shout out debunked if i thought they were 2 different images?

Please, im not trying to force anyone to agree with my opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I've been thinking about this thread a lot today. It's actually the thread that I paid the most attention to. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Many of us find ourselves in the same position on other topics. There's a distrust of science, a distrust of academics, a distrust of agencies and then of amateurs (such as amateur astronomers) when their data parallels that from NASA or any other source.

Reality is denied, and false alternativies are embraced.

On the other hand, I should remind you that it's only one person. Others have read this thread and have come away with a better understanding of the planet and the various missions as well as of astronomy as a hobby.

We're unlikely to convince those who want to believe that the Earth is hollow or that the Earth's surface is honeycombed with huge interconnecting caves inhabited by deities of various religions. No seismic data or oil well data or experience in the world will overturn their beliefs.

But if we take the time to answer, we can educate people who've heard all these things and have wondered "well, is it true? if not, why not?"

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Selfless was right. I mean think about it those pictures do kind of look like someone could have made them on their own personal computer. I would give the NASA guys props if they did something like that and convinced everybody that's what the planet looked like. It would be so easy, I mean... Look at the pictures. I would love to meet the guy who said, "hey guys I bet we could pull this one off".

I dunno, maybe ive just been working to hard.

Styki

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Relax, man. I'm not trying to force you to believe my opinion. I'm just trying to understand what makes you say those saturn images are computer generated.

Yes, relaxing is great :0

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Have you seen Saturn first hand? I don't think you have so all the information you have about Saturn (name, size, distance, existence) has all been fed to you from other sources researched by other people. So technically you have no idea what Saturn is without the knowledge of others.

This is a fact of life as most knowledge people have is obtained from others. You learn knowledge from others most of the time, otherwise its called a discovery. What have you discovered today?

If it wasn't for nasa and other scientist and astronomers providing you with this information, you would only 'know' what you have experienced, and comprehending our solar system and planets would not be part of that.

So you are willing to believe what you are told about Saturn, that it exists and what it should look like, and you have formed your own idealistic understanding of the planet. Now when you are shown a 'realisitic' view of Saturn that contradicts your beliefs, instead of being open-minded and willing to accept and learn new facts, you dismiss them as being fake.

What made you stop accepting the information from others as 'FACT' and start dismissing it as 'FALSE'?

Please do not shun the collective, as it is and has been your main source of information. Believe what your want to believe, but don't ask others to help you when it contradicts the knowledge of the whole.

Either you are trying to make a point by inferring that 'NO' real images of Saturn exist, OR you are to lazy to find them yourself (in which case we provided and you dismissed, so you must be pursuing point one).

Someone once said that a wise man does not believe he is wise, rather he accepts the fact that he knows nothing.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hey now Toasty,

You guys were great help in my search for a real picture of saturn and so far there are some good pics of it on this thread and i did thank everyone who took time to show me pictures they found so i personaly don't think i wasted anyones time and besides when someone says he wasted his time and blame it on someone else that is a false statement, it's not my fault if those of you who considers me a waste of time went ahead and posted on this thread anyways, i did not force you to do so and i will never force you. and also i don't force anyone to agree with my opinions :0

Now please realise that this thread was not started so i can prove to you all that there is no real pics of saturn, you guys keep interpreting my intentions the wrong way.

In your signature it says,

Stop believing what they want you to believe; believe in yourself.

So it's all good.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join