It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The op obviously doesnt even know what CCD Astrophotography IS,it takes several long exposure frames stacked together to form a image with enought detail,because the human eye cant distinguish that much detail while looking thru the eyepiece of a scope.The image,thru this process will look artificial,because its not a single exposure frame,but many long exposure frames combined.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

What a cool site its awesome we live in a country where we still have a voice thanks for including me !!!!!!! Now the moon is 238,000 miles from us and the best pictures we have are self evident ,,,now saturn is some 735,000,000 million miles from us it takes months or years to get the data and that comes in pieces which science has to put together ,,kind of like they found a bone and made the rest out of clay and called it lucy the missing link,,,,anyway every picture you see of the host planet is an artists rendering THE truth is nobody knows what it looks like and we have no idea what its made of unless you know someone with a soil sample THE fact is by the time the images reach us there so fragmented all you can see are some obscure pixels......now what science is so famous for is THEORY and thats what these so called academics do is sit around and guess and i mean guess and what the universe is doing we cant even see past our own galaxy but they have theorized there are a billion billion galaxies ,,,,they wont even give a true rendering of the platet itself ,,,,but then again anybody that teaches my kid life is hopeless and youre an accident and evolved is suspect in my book anyway thanks for letting me rant peace and im pretty neutral and open to suggestions !!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jpsdasnake

Thats a very knowelodgable forgive my spelling ,,and educated response ill look into it ,,lord knows theres always room for correction thanks for youre wisdom

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Edn

Im not a scientist but the distance i 760,000,000 million miles is a far stretch to have a resolution like that were 100 light years from the edge of our galaxy ,,,u r educated you know what those numbers mean ,,science says they know there are galaxys beyond us ,,,Question how could you possibly know that im on youre side until i see a real nasa photo and not an artists rendering im callin bull

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbone777
reply to post by Edn

Im not a scientist but the distance i 760,000,000 million miles is a far stretch to have a resolution like that were 100 light years from the edge of our galaxy ,,,u r educated you know what those numbers mean ,,science says they know there are galaxys beyond us ,,,Question how could you possibly know that im on youre side until i see a real nasa photo and not an artists rendering im callin bull

Just as well you are not a scientist then isn't it , the picture was taken by a probe near Saturn not by a telescope from Earth.

As the data is sent as a radio signal at the speed of light it only takes just under 2 hours to get here, we are also not 100 light years from the edge of the galaxy, if your are going to quote a fact check them first!!!

Here is a picture of Saturn taken from Earth by an amateur.

Many more can be found here

BBC Sky at Night Viewers Pictures

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join