It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Last Thursday when I was leaving my school, I was with a bunch of friends, and since we were all going to my friends house a friends of mine had his digital camera with him. So before we left the school property, we found a place where there was less people, and I took the camera, and all my friends got together smiled, said cheese, and I took the picture, but, when the flash went off it formed a devilish figure behind my friends, the figure was very big, his head was about 2 or 3 times the size of a normal human head, and he had what looked like his arms around my friends. He was grinning, he had long ears or horns, it was hard to tell. After I had taken the picture I was looking at my friends in horror, and they all said 'What?' and I said 'Uhhh...I..I don't know...There was something behind you guys...' I said that with a freaked out tone. My friends looked at me like I was kidding around. I am a class clown so they didn't believe me. After that, I said,'Maybe Its in the picture' My friend took the camera, clicked a couple buttons and looked at the picutre, then looked at me with a weird face and said 'your crazy' I said 'no im not I swear to god I saw something!!' Then I said 'Here I'll take another picture of the same place, but all of you get behind me and look'' So everybody did that. I took the picture and the same figure was there, glaring at us for that split second that the flash is there, I started taking more and more pictures, untill the figure faded out. All my friends looked at eachother in disbelief.

Now, I don't know much about paranormal stuff or anything, its not my field of study, but I had to post this story. Can anyone tell me if there can be something wrong with the camera or if there is a normal explanation to this. By the way, the figure did not show in any of the pictures. If there isn't a normal explanation to this, well has anybody ever experienced the same kind of thing?

I will describe the setting and the day. It was a cloudy day, barely any sunlight, but enough so we can see. We were behind the school's front yard, I was facing the parking lot and there was a tree to my left, but there was barely any of it in the pic, there was no shadow towards us because I was taking the picture towards the east and it was the end of the day ( I know because there was a mountain far away where the sun rises - east-) (I don't know if the tree is relevant, like I told before, I don't know anything of ghosts and demons and paranormal things.)

Anyway, if you need more information just ask, and if somebody can help me out, I would be very grateful.

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I really don't have any good explanation for this. Short of it actually being paranormal, my only good guess would be something dealing with the way the flash reflected.

How distinct was it?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Post the pic i wanna see this Devilish figure. Maybe its my father LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Art, make sure to read the ENTIRE post.

the figure did not show in any of the pictures.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I suppose it could have been a mental construct of some kind. However, that theory is about as astounding as an actual entity being there. I don't really know what could have caused it.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I don't really know what could have caused it.

Hmmm, active imagination?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Could have been, but not necessarily so.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Could have been, but not necessarily so.

I simpl posed a possible thing that could have caused it.

Fact is there is nothing within his words to state what he has said is true. We have reason to disbelieve everything. Thats not to say it didn't happen.

I would suggest that Jimmy posts every picture he took that showed him in reality the things he claimed.

I realise that he said that the image didn't appear on the photo...which again, leads to further doubt, but the images may show other reasoning for what he saw, or someone with the rigt equipment may even see something Jimmy missed with the naked eye.

The fact the picture was reviewable before printing shows that it was a digital camera so there is no reason why every photograph that was taken can't be uploaded.

However, I will assume that we might, MIGHT get one photo but the rest will have been deleted for space.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Fact is there is nothing within his words to state what he has said is true. We have reason to disbelieve everything.

True. Fact is that there is also nothing in his words to state what he said is NOT true. We can't disbelieve everything we hear. If we did that, nothing would ever be solved.

Many paranormal events are difficult to capture on camera. Are you an expert on photographing the paranormal?

While this event has many possible causes, and not all of them are paranormal, we have to at least keep an open mind.

He has brought his story here to ATS with the expectation of a community of intelligent members with open minds. How about we not let him down, and get to the root of the event?

[edit on 10/23/2006 by JBurns]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your co-operation, although someof you think im lieing, its okay, I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes. I will ask my friend if he can upload the pictures to his computer, or that he lends me the camera so I can directly upload them to here. I think he has one or two of the pictures left, the rest he deleted because it was only a part of a tree, and a parking lot lol.

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

True. Fact is that there is also nothing in his words to state what he said is NOT true. We can't disbelieve everything we hear. If we did that, nothing would ever be solved.

Apart from the fact he is making a claim that is not feasibly supportable except by his word, which as we know by this site is not proof there of itself.
And that last comment is wrong too.
You can disbelieve something BUT still try every method to prove it.
Your goal maybe to prove its wrong but as long as you have an open mind about possiblities then thats fine.
I made this exact statement

Fact is there is nothing within his words to state what he has said is true. We have reason to disbelieve everything. Thats not to say it didn't happen.

Notice I actually say 'Thats not to say it didn't happen'.
I disbelieve him, however I am open to the possiblities.
Seems to me that people who believe outright without no need for evidence, they are the ones with a closed mind.

While this event has many possible causes, and not all of them are paranormal, we have to at least keep an open mind.

Such as?
Please feel free to give detail of what the 'possible causes' are.
The point of this thread was for Jimmy to be given a clue of what has happened.
I have suggested that 'active imagination' which is a very strong contender.
Does that mean he necessarily mean I am accusing him of making up the story and posting it here?
No.
It is also a suggestion that his mind interpretted what he saw as this.
The flash could have originally burned his eye causing the image to appear again and again.
Or reflection off surfaces caused the lights to be brighter, still going back to his brain interpretting this image.
Like the Clouds. Two people look at a Cloud, they will see different things.

He has brought his story here to ATS with the expectation of a community of intelligent members with open minds. How about we not let him down, and get to the root of the event?

So, intelligent communities automatically believe then right?
All you have contributed to this thread is one claim that because you can't think of a reason, its automatically Supernatural and subsequient comments to someone who doesn't necessarily agree.
If thats what you call intelligent then, my friend, you are indeed in need of education on the matter.

And although I would never class myself as an 'expert' in photography, I did study it in detail at University, including photo manipulation and how to do it with and without the use of Computers.

Thank you everyone for your co-operation, although someof you think im lieing, its okay, I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes. I will ask my friend if he can upload the pictures to his computer, or that he lends me the camera so I can directly upload them to here. I think he has one or two of the pictures left, the rest he deleted because it was only a part of a tree, and a parking lot lol.

This comment begs the question, why didn't you keep all the pictures?
If you truly believe what you saw then you would keep every photo taken as a means to verify and place under extreme scrutiny the actual pictures. You would transfer them to a computer and enlarge them, rotate them, zoom in, in short everything possible(which is alot on the modern home computer with Digital Camera Software) to find something THEN if nothing shows, allow the delete.

My opinion is that there is nothing to this story other than it being of mild entertainment. HOWEVER, I am openminded enough to revisit this issue if and when more evidence is found to support the event.
The burden of proof is not ours, but yours.

new topics

top topics

join