It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Experiment in Fascism in High School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just need a little help in some research here....

I remeber seeing a film in high school about a kid who asked his teacher,
"How could the Germans let the Nazis do what they did?"

The teacher then did an experiment, where he picked out a few kids from his class, and gave them black armbands. With the armbands also came special privelges, no homework and so on. They also heckeled the others, and were rewarded for telling on them.

Well, this group grew and grew until the teacher thought it was time for them to be introduced to the National leader of the group.

All the kids were brought into an assembly hall, exitingly awaiting word from the grand leader.

As the film started rolling on the big screen, the leader turned out to be none other than Adolph Hitler.

That answered the kids questions.

Anyone know where i can find some info on this?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wonder sometimes if this kind of instruction serves more to encourage some people to adopt these ideas than it discourages anyone from adopting them.

Not that I believe in censorship for I do not. Increasingly the schools are pushing 'morality' over education and that in itself is troubling I think.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a nice idea to me... My 3rd gade teacher did something like this for a day.
Instead of sooo much morality, I think a little discipline in school would nice. Could have used it at my highschool, thats for sure.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This sounds very much like my high school. A select few (teacher sons daughters/ teachers pets) get treated very well and us "dickheads" as I was called by the principle last friday have to suffer, and when we call it communism/totalorism(sp) we get in trouble !!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I remember that film. I'm pretty sure it was fiction. An ambitious after school special. I don't remember what it was called, but something like "the Order" rings a bell.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
In Germany ( in the sixties I think ) they did an " experience ". Common peoples, picked up randomly ( men/women ) in the streets, had to go in an university.

There, a man was fastened to a seat. The peoples picked up had to put many questions to the man. When the answer was good, no problem. But when the man wasn't replying correctly, they had to inflict him an electrical discharge. And the more the man wasn't replying correctly, the more the discharge was heavy.

At the end, the man was crying and imploring. Then the peoples were asking to the Dr's to stop the experience. Of course, the Dr's were telling them to go on and to don't take notice about the fact that the man was crying and imploring. So they didn't stop.

Some of them were so chocked to torture a man that the Dr's told them :
- " to don't worry ".
- " They were taking the responsability ".
- " The man has signed a contract and he knew it would be very painfull for him ".
- " We do this experience for the Government, so don't worry ".
- " The man is an horrible criminal and he desserve what you're doing him "

After the experience, peoples were told the man was an actor and there were no electrical discharge. Also, Dr's asked them why they didn't stop to torture the man when he was crying and imploring.

And they gave these answer : " Well, you're a doctor, so you know what you do. I'm NOT responsible but you are " or " I thought it was for the Gov, so.... "

You know what ? These peoples were like you and me.
It's frightening, isn't it ?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well my post in kind of off topic, but I had always wanted to start a communist or dictatorship party in the class presidency, just for kicks. But hey there is nothing in the rule books against that though, were just led to believe that our government is the correct one, the pure one.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I dont think there is any law preventing you from running for office on a communist ticket, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with common sense to vote for you though. Then again, in this country, you might not have any problems.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This was a great way on showing how bad extremism, in this case Nazism can get. Wonder how other schools would do with such experiments, interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In the united states of america they also did an experiment, i believe it was in the year 2000. They let a leader be voted who would free the world of all evil and give the americans what they deserve. safety and prospery! They [the american people] gave him so much power that he could do in the world what he wanted even with certain world organisations complaining about it. He could just kill innocent people or better let em be killed, he could tell people what to do and if they didnt listen he would put them on deathrow, or send em on vacation to Guatamala. He could send nice and friendly people to far away countrys and let em be killed..and for what ? Nobody knows, like in ww2 when a lott of jews were killed, for what ? nobody knows...
when will the day come that people stand up firmly against people like him, people like Hitler...of other famous leaders from the past ? Nobody knows... we can all cry about it but that will not stop em, i would say the experiment worked out nice. Yeah its possible to make people believe the world will be a much better place when iam in charge, and then they give me the power to make the world dance to my pipes....and i can do what i want..kil em allll, those who are not nice to me and those who have what i want......isnt the world a great place

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This was a great way on showing how bad extremism, in this case Nazism can get. Wonder how other schools would do with such experiments, interesting

When I was living in Germany, We met an old man at a gasthaus(type of bar/grill). He asked us if we were Americans (guess he noticed by my accent,hehe), and I said Yes.

We started talking, and after a ton of beers and Asbach shots, WW2 came up. He was an SS officer at the age of 16( the Germans were running out of manpower late in the war, and old men and young boys made up most of the ranks). He was captured by the Russians, and almost executed. But a turn in events, and he escaped.

Then, I asked the unaskable question, " How the hell could you all let something like that happen?"

His response:" I'll put it to you this way. Take the weakest person you know, both mentally and physically. Now give this person immunity from crimes. Give him favors; the best food and wine, cigarrettes and so on. Give him a nice house to live in, and take care of his family. Give him command over 100 men, and put lives of thousands in his hands. Then inform him, to keep thses priveleges, he has to do this and that for us, all of it not good. What do you think he would do?"

I paused a sec. Made sense in a way.

Then he said," Better yet, tell this same man, if he doesn't do as we ask, we'll execute him, and his entire family."

"Now, what would you do?"

Tough question. I didn't know how to answer.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
this sounds like something similar: there's a book called "The Wave" that is about a high school teacher who starts a program as an experiment and hands out cards to students for discounts on products for tattling on their peers concerning cheating, drugs, etc.

irony is, in the wake of Columbine, the EXACT same thing happened it real life...

under the name W.A.V.E. America. search on the internet, you'll find it

new topics

top topics

join