It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be Aliens ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Looking at the incredible diversity of life on this planet, am I the only person who wonders if there is one species which does not appear to fit in with the others - namely, homo sapiens - us.

We devastate our natural environment, act in contravention to nature, kill our own species in the millions, and we have evolved into a sentient species with capabilities so far in excess of other species, that we just look out of place.

Perhaps we are the interesting experiment of an alien child who wanted to introduce an alien species into an otherwise "clean" environment to study the effects it had on the native flora and fauna. That's right, could we be a Science Fair project.

If we are, I doubt the kid came in first.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
By definition, we cannot be aliens. Aliens are NOT OF THIS WORLD. How many times will people mess up the meaning of that word?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i always thought that we could't make the rapid evolution they want us 2 believe we did . come on 50000 years ago we suddenly became intelligent and outsmarted every living thing on earth!! does't seem logical 2 me

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Excellent Post. If you look at the numbers surrounding our supposed evolution, one does find that it is all a little too quickly judged.

Funnily enough, my Father has long held the belief that Human Beings are an introduced species, namely that this planet was once used as a prison colony.

I tend to agree, given the demise of Neanderthal man. Sure, this species of biped was strong and had all the characteristics of the humans we know today, but they weren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Along comes the new breed, slender and smart, with all the makings of a master of the earth.

Within no time at all man rises to the occasion and dominates the planet. We truly are the scourge of the Earth, as pointed out earlier. We destroy what we deem fit and think little of the consequences. We do this in the name of Science, Society and other such Man-made concepts.

The human brain is an amazing thing. It is able to dream and create almost anything it desires, given the tools and supplies deem it possible.

If we look at the last one hundred years or so, we see a mammoth jump in science and tech. Granted, if we look hard enough we can see the roots from where these amazing feats sprung forth: but I ask you: if mankind has discovered these secrets of science, what is next?

Will we finally be able to see our origins in black and white? Would you, as the individual, accept that, if proven, we are an introduced species upon this planet?

Going further than that, would you accept the possibility that we are so phenominally alien that this existence came to us? What I mean by that is, could this 'planet' be an entity that found us?

It sounds strange, I know, but let's just say that we DID evolve on this planet from the chemicals it creates. Why did it create us this way? Were we a fluke?

Or, are we just beings lost, and looking for an answer that isn't even there?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
CWBA?:

think hybrids

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I seem to always be thinking about this,
Me and my buddy were talking about it yesterday.
Were the only species on this planet that runs on a diffrent mind set.
We use logic not instinct.
We have amazing communicating skills,
We learn very fast, we have very good memory.
we stand on two feet.
we can build things.
And this just all happened by accident?
a fluke,
Kinda hard to believe

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
dude stick thet up your arse, i've had pet's more intelligent than your response.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think it's definately a possiblilty that we're an "introduced" species... Some believe that the Homo Sapien DNA blueprint is ancient, and has been migrating from one planet to another for quite some time now...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i personally think that humans are not a product of species-hopping evolution. i believe deep down that we were created, hence the unfound missing link between man and apes. whether our creator is God or ET's - or maybe it could be a little of both - that i'm not sure of. also, i don't think we are aliens - as in i don't think we were taken from one planet and dumped on earth. i think when we were created by our creator, it was on earth...or maybe humans are so incredibly common throughout our galaxy, we're just clones of a different human race? so many questions, so little answers. i'd be willing to bet a handsome sum of money that we aren't monkeys, though.

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dipsothedrunk
dude stick thet up your arse, i've had pet's more intelligent than your response.

Just a tip dipso, i see you've only been registered a month, so a bit of friendly advice. Abuse on the forum is not taken well and in itself shows a lack of intelligence, or at least the ability to put forward a decent discussion.

Show us why the comment is lacking intelligence, i promise you you'll have a wide audience waiting to hear your response. Who knows, we all might learn something?

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think it's quite vain to assume that humans came from some other advanced world. We share almost all of our DNA with bonobos. Why can't consciousness be an evolutionary process? Do we assume that the first flower on a tree was implanted there by a more intelligent being just because there was no evidence of flowering there before that time?

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Will To Power]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi All,

I have always thought that Adam And Eve were scouts from another planet that were sent to see if Earth could sustain life. Maybe they were from a planet that was dying for whatever reason or overcrowded.

I do not think that this is as whacky as it may seem, after all our planet is dying now. We may be looking to migrate to another or at least build bases on the moon perhaps. This is already beginning with the international space station.

This may explain our ancient and migrating DNA. This would then make 'GOD" the person or persons that sent them here.

Just my thoughts

In Pace
resi

[edit on 22-10-2006 by resistancia]

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
By definition, we cannot be aliens. Aliens are NOT OF THIS WORLD. How many times will people mess up the meaning of that word?

Yet to other life forms, we would be. Maybe theres another species having exactly the same conversation somewhere out there, to them we are aliens are'nt we?

Every inhabitant of different planets are aliens to someone, we just have'nt found them yet in order to hear them classing us as an alien species.

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have no proof to back this up but this is what I have believed since I was a very young boy (6 to 8 years old).

Religion as we know it is a farce. There is a "higher" existence but the Gods we worship are physical beings that created us.

Before humans, this earth was occupied by a harsher race of beings. Think of the planet as are meat farm. As these harsher being continued their war with what we regard as the enlightened beings, the keepers of this planet had to abandon it.

The creatures were left to fend for themselves; absent of their "Gods."

For some time, this solar sytem was left to it's own devices.

Later (much later in human terms), this rogue planet was "discovered" by the enlightened beings. In much the same sense, it was like Columbus discovering America, despite the Vikings before him and despite the natives that already lived there.

Realizing who was here before them, they cleansed this planet, in much the same way that the American colonists whiped out the native-Indians.

There is your end to the dino age.

Afterwards, they placed their own beings here. Maybe it was their version of a meat farm or maybe it was their version of a paradise.

But in the event that they had to leave and the harsher race returned, they created a hybrid race in their likeness. This is how our God created man.

In the beginning, there were many gods; some tended to the sky, some to the water, some to the land, ect. ect. The oldest religions support this idea.

But in time, the war removed more and more Gods until there were only afew left.

The younger religions support the mono-God theory but I believe they are all connected.

The last Gods could have been the Christian God, Allah, et al. With so few gods, it became impossible to tend to the small issues so attention to man was less and less.

In the end, the last God left. I believe this happened in the last few hundred years.

Like the dinos before us, we are now Godless. As they fight their wars, we fight ours.

Very soon, one of these two types of beings will return. Every religion teaches that the harsher beings are our anti-Gods. It is embedded in us to hate them.

But at some point, one of them will return. Will it be our own creators? And how will we respond when they pull up to our planet in their space ship and say, "Time for the rapture. All aboard."

At that point, what are we to believe? Since they created us, our they are true light to be followed or are they deceptive liars that should not be trusted? Should we stay or should we go?

If we stay, then what? What happens when the harsher beings arrive. We have been programmed to hate and fear them so how is our first contact with them going to go? Do we join the dark side (pun intended)? Do we fight them to?

Will THEY be looking for new recruits or will we be in the way of their progress?

And what of the true Gods? If we all have souls and spirits and we move on to that plain after our physical death, will it be anything like what we have read in our religious books?

Or will it be something we cant begin to comprehend until after we "graduate?"

So thats what I believe. Just my luck, all this does is raise many, many more questions then it answers.

In my opinion, neither should be trusted but we arent capable of surviving on our own either. What a situation.

Whats even more scarey then this is that fact that I was sober when I came up with it (and pretty young).

Trust your instinct, not your illogic.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I agree there are humanoids among us. For more information check out my posting called DISCLOSURE PROJECT ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ). They have classified 48 species of humanoids and declared some of which you wouldn't even notice weren't humans if you saw them on the street. It's an intriguing video of various personal testimonies.

-DG724

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, considering we share a good percent of our DNA with the rest of the life on the planet, I highly doubt we're aliens.

We devastate our natural environment, act in contravention to nature, kill our own species in the millions, and we have evolved into a sentient species with capabilities so far in excess of other species, that we just look out of place.

So what, why should'nt we have evolved in such a way as to devestate
our environment, I mean it's not like there's some conscionce force
guiding evolution on Earth, at the worst we're probably like a supervirus,
we've evolved naturally, are destructive to our host, and have becom
immune to any possible anti-bodies, that is we have the technology to
keep ourselves alive and dominant.

And why should'nt we be the smartest, in terms of development,
species on the planet?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think just about everyone at AST knows all about greer and seen his disclosure project video umpteen times. We wish him luck, but yet another link to his video/cause is probably overkill at this point. Besides - the link to DP & mis-direct is adding nothing to this particular issue.

Back to the original question: I agree with some of the conclusions drawn here, though wonder to what extent we may have been 'bio-engineered' or at least influenced &/or 'enlightened' back around 50,000 yrs ago when the chimos and other apeas were taking their sweet time evolving over eons. A little prod here, maybe a few extra genes there, a tweak or two of DNA, and voila - we branch off and leave the monkeys dragging their knuckles while we 'discover' opposable thumbs, fire, weaopanry, art, the wheel, yadda yadda. Perhaps rather than ask if 'we could be aliens', a better question (or corollary) may be Are the aliens us?

As many have postulated in other threads throughout AST, the answer probably lies somewhere in between: humans may be a form of hybrid ET...

Nice inquiry - thanks for bringing it up...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just curious: Hey unrealised - what did you do to get so far negative in the AST points column - tell a mod to take a hike or something? Ouch...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Will To Power
I think it's quite vain to assume that humans came from some other advanced world. We share almost all of our DNA with bonobos. Why can't consciousness be an evolutionary process? Do we assume that the first flower on a tree was implanted there by a more intelligent being just because there was no evidence of flowering there before that time?

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Will To Power]

It's all well and good to say that we share a large amount of DNA with Bonobos: but what does this REALLY mean?

It means that certain chemical compounds act the same to create a similar molecular structure: i.e a body. The problem is that Bonobos have been around for a long, long time, just like us. So why haven't they evolved?

One fact that I find quite amusing is the Bonobos pre-disposition to Masturbation. Not many animals share this quality. Some dolphins masturbate. Some dogs even take to a couch to relieve themselves. Most would say that Masturbation is a purely human activity. Most of us do it. Let us not see it as sometihng to be embarassed about. So if Bonobos, Dolphins, Dogs and Humans Masturbate, knowing that they are all very intelligent creatures, could it be that the search for pleasuring the self might induce intelligence?

Think about it: if something feels good, and we recognize it, we do it. Soon we find more and more things that pleasure us and one day we have Nintendo.

Perhaps life, intelligent life wether it be alien or not, evolves through the exploration of the self, starting at the lowest common denominator in nature: SEX.

Oh, and to answer your question Outrageo, I called a Member a Communist for sympathizing with North Korea and its need to build Nuclear Power Plants (bombs)

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Unrealised]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
off topic: Unrealised - that's it??? I've seen & heard way worse flame-action and insulting put downs on AST - seemingly without repercussion. There must be more to it than that. Oh well - sorry buddy (you may have actually called it right at the time, eh mate?).

Ok - now back to our show!

And just so I don't get creamed by the over-sensitives: Yes I believe we may be, at least to some degree, of alien ancestry...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join