It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: ‘We’ve Never Been Stay The Course’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When your chosen course of action dosent work,deny you ever said it.

Prison Planet)-During an interview today on ABC’s This Week, President Bush tried to distance himself from what has been his core strategy in Iraq for the last three years. George Stephanopoulos asked about James Baker’s plan to develop a strategy for Iraq that is “between ’stay the course’ and ‘cut and run.’”
www.prisonplanet.com...

Bush responded, ‘We’ve never been stay the course, George!’ watch it
thinkprogress.org...

BUSH: We will stay the course. [8/30/06]

BUSH: We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq. [8/4/05]

BUSH: We will stay the course until the job is done, Steve. And the temptation is to try to get the President or somebody to put a timetable on the definition of getting the job done. We’re just going to stay the course. [12/15/03]

BUSH: And my message today to those in Iraq is: We’ll stay the course. [4/13/04]

BUSH: And that’s why we’re going to stay the course in Iraq. And that’s why when we say something in Iraq, we’re going to do it. [4/16/04]

BUSH: And so we’ve got tough action in Iraq. But we will stay the course. [4/5/04]
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
he had to slip up eventually!

Sums things up really, how can you trust a guy that lies to the public so blatantly, and what else is he lying about?

nice post.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What is he, back on drugs again???

What a schmuck to actually deny something he's said a million times.

This dude is nuts.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
After years and years and years of a public way, and a private way.. it was enevitable that they were going to mix the two up.

The latest strife where Sadr's men took over a city shows the lengths of the IRAQI army.
As soon as we are GONE, the insurgents are going to run a much and take over cities one by one.
And the Iraqi army will just flat out fold.

You cant train men up to give there life in defense of a country.
Especially when the citizens of that country, are the ones taking over it.
What good is defending your country, when its YOUR country that is against everything your standing for?

Out bloody rageous!

You know your living in a facism, when the leader can lie and turn face so blatantly, yet not one person can challenge him.

Who here now believes this man is doing gods work ?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
MASTERS OF WAR
Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead

Bob Dylan

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sickening,
GWBush said in his speach
'' Our presence is making violence worse in this country ''
'' Its time for the AMERICAN people to ask, should we stay in this country "

DAMN YOU BUSH,
we've told you before the war WE DIDNT WANT TO BE THERE
YOU SENT US IN YOUR BABBLING IDIOT

NOW YOUR making it out as if its OUR CHOICE wether we are there or not?

What f'n planet are you on?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is a purely semantic issue and it occurred to me when Baker made his point. Stay the course is a figure of speech, not a policy. There is an old saying among Marines, "No plan survives contact with the enemy."

To "stay the course" means "continue the effort", "see the mission through," "continue the march" and many other figures of speech.

What the president means, and this should be obvious to most second graders, is that the policy has been to honor our commitment to Iraq while, at the same time, adapting to the demands of the theater of war.

That's not too hard to understand, is it?

[edit on 2006/10/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder whether or not he is back on drugs again, or just completly self delusional.

Agit8dChop, what speech did Bush say that in?

Can you provide a link please?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I heard him speaking this in a clip on the morning news via radio.
Let me see his recent speaches and ill post a link.

Grady,

True it might be a 'figure of speach'
But when your in a war, and losing..
saying to the public, over and over and over

' we are going to stay the course '

Says to the public, ''we arent leaving, until we've won''

to turn around and say differently now, is a very abrupt turn of face.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
...a very abrupt turn of face.

I didn't see that part apparently. I got the impression that the president is only looking at other strategies for stabilizing Iraq. That seems to be the only rational thing for the administration to do.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If Bush had replied, "We will continue to stay the course", the next question from GS would have been (couched in the language of an accusation), "But how can we continue to stay the course when it is obviously not working?"

I agree with Grady's assessment.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Your right,
They needed an abrupt change, because the US would not of been able to handle another coming month of violence.
this is what, the deadliest month ?

Secretarian strife has sky rocketed, so much so they are taking over whole cities now.

Im not saying there current assement is admitting defeat,
just that they should of realised, from the begining there method was going to fail.

Its a pitty its taken them this long, after this many deaths to finally conceed,
'ok, our plan isnt getting where we want'

Honestly, stabilizing Iraq... that window passed a long time ago.

How are they going to control all the revenge killings NOW?
so many people have died, people are just going to forget and move on because the US implements a 'different' strategy.

Its not the USA's fault, its clearly the iraqi's fault.
But they should never of been given this situation to maniuplate in the first place.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
THE PATHOLOGICAL LIAR
is skillfully deceptive and very convincing. Avoids accountability by diverting topics, dodging questions, and making up new lies, bluffs or threats when questioned. His memory is self serving as he denies past statements. Constant chaos and diverting from reality is their chosen environment.
Defense Strategy: Verify his words. Do not reveal anything about yourself - he'll use it against you. Head for the door when things don't add up. Don't ask him questions - you'll only be inviting more lies.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
come on maybe he admits for once he waz wrong in some things

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For long enough people told him the reality.
He chose not to listen
For long enough people died NEEDLESSLY
while he chose to ignore it.

just because he realises 'now' he was wrong, means sweet F-ALL to those familes/friends of the dead iraqi's, and americans soilders.

For the president of the USA, its just not good enough.

People would of HUNG clinton for the somalia incident, yet bush gets a free pass?
not in my life time.

JAK

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
To "stay the course" means "continue the effort", "see the mission through," "continue the march" and many other figures of speech.

That's not too hard to understand, is it?

Well, apparently so.

“Our commission believes that there are alternatives between the stated alternatives, the ones that are out there in the political debate, of stay the course and cut and run,”

Why would Baker suggest that they look for an alternative to seeing the mission through? Surely that's not the suggestion here? So then he too misinterpretated the call to 'stay the course'. Is Baker is incapable of interpretating that which is obvious to most second graders?

The key word is alternatives.

It was in reference to Bakers comment that Bush declared ‘We’ve never been stay the course, George!’ so then Baker and Bush must be applying different meanings to staying the course apparently. (One wonders why did Mr. Bush not offer this point then to avoid any possible misunderstanding?)

Or perhaps there was no difference in the interpretation of the phrase at all and he was referring to the 'stay the course' of which Mr. Bush spoke.

The International Herald Tribune obviously thought so:

Baker hints at change in Iraq policy

WASHINGTON James Baker, the Republican co-chairman of a bipartisan panel that is reassessing Iraq strategy for President George W. Bush, said he expected the panel to depart from Bush's repeated calls to "stay the course,"

Also someone might email the New York Times who foolishly printed David E. Sanger's contribution too.

Also reporting for the Associated Press Barry Schweid:

Baker Panel Preparing Iraq Alternatives

Co-chairman of a bipartisan commission studying what to do next in the wartorn country, Baker said his panel is preparing to recommend that President Bush consider options other than his "stay-the-course" strategy in Iraq.

No, no, no. Not them as well eh? Oh, while you're busy might as well include Reuters:

Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - James Baker, a former U.S. secretary of state and close political associate of the Bush family, said on Sunday there are alternatives in Iraq for the United States other than the "stay-the-course" policy of President George W. Bush's administration.

I mean really, one might have expected better than a misunderstanding not even worthy of most second graders from Reuters. They all seemed pretty sure that he was referring to the 'stay the course' that Mr. Bush has been so solid on before. Talk about egg on their faces.

I must admit I did stop looking after a few minutes. There were many more results but I just figured it a waste of time after, oddly enough, not one article I saw suggested this mis-interpretation excuse that they were actually talking of two different interpretations of 'staying on course'. I was surprised, it looks like there are many out there who haven't the cognitive faculties required to realise something obvious to most second graders.
    Or...
well, the alternative is not too hard to understand, is it?

Jak

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thank you, JAK for making, as Nixon would have said, "One thing perfectly clear."

President Bush is not a bungler, he is an outright liar, and dg hit his MO, his SOP, right on the head.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Your right,
They needed an abrupt change, because the US would not of been able to handle another coming month of violence.
this is what, the deadliest month ?

Yes, including the month in which most Americans have been killed.

Im not saying there current assement is admitting defeat,
just that they should of realised, from the begining there method was going to fail.

Its a pitty its taken them this long, after this many deaths to finally conceed,
'ok, our plan isnt getting where we want'

The US has had precious little experience in conducting urban guerilla warfare. We do best when the battle is fought in the traditional ways, or when it is totally hi-tech.

Its not the USA's fault, its clearly the iraqi's fault.
But they should never of been given this situation to maniuplate in the first place.

The Iraqis have not stepped up to take the reins as they should have. But that's a topic unto itself.

Bush has one characteristic that, while admirable, has proven to be costly: an unwavering loyalty to his advisors. He should have dumped Rumsfeld at the end of 2004, imo.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Yes, including the month in which most Americans have been killed.

And even there, they are lying on the real numbers... they are lying about the Bagdad explosion in the green zone, from my sources, it killed over 300 American troops, including U.S. Army and Marines, CIA agents and U.S. translators, 165 seriously injured, 39 suffering lesser injuries 122 members of the Iraqi armed forces were killed and 90 seriously injured.

If you want the list of US dead troops from this event, send me a U2U.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
grady got pwned, that is all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join