It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nation At War - Racism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Racisim will always exist.

I believe everyone is a racist to a degree. Some are extreme, while most are moderates.

If you are of group A, and are in a group of 3. You see a group B coming into your area(a area that in your mind is your space) that number 12. Group B is loud, acting in a agressive manner amoungst themselves and appear to be heading into your area, Your instinct is that they are a foreign entity(race usually enters you mind) and thus you assume they are something that poses a threat to you.

There is not one person that says they do not feel these things. If you protest that you do not, then you are being dishonest. If you are located on a street, in a mall, at a restaurant, in a park, and you have a situation like this occur, you feel a animosity towards the oncoming group.

You have a word to describe the group, either by color, religion,slang vulgarity.

Like it or not everyone is racist. It is a built in survival mentality. If something is different than you, it is natural to have a reaction as defensive.

Most of us do not take it to the extreme of pure hate, but we still have a sense of racisim. Many do not like the word racist, so call it something else. But whatever you relate to term it, we all have it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah affirmative action is just reverse racism. It’s getting preferable treatment because you are of another race. That’s all racism really is anyway. Acting or receiving special treatment because of your race.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there will ever be a “cure” for racism. I actually think separation of races is a good thing. IF all the races were separate then there would be less room for racism. But sadly...that doesn’t work either. Because then races will start fighting among themselves..as an example look at the asian population. This may not still be true...but asians get very offended if u call them the wrong race. If u call a korean and jap they will flip out. 2 sets of people that look pretty much the same, are racist against each other.

So therefore...we can never win. I’ll admit it, im prejudiced against certain peoples sexual orientation, and their race. I’m not proud of it, but at least I can admit it. However, I never had a problem working or interacting with anyone, and that’s just being of a higher state of mind.

You probably think that I can’t be of a higher state, and still be slightly bigoted...but actually I think that’s what puts me in the higher state. I have problems with people, because I don’t like them for whatever reason...but I’m a strong enough and smart enough person to admit that those attitudes aren’t right, and I shouldn’t treat people any different.

The sad thing is I don’t even know why I am that way....I think the reason u can never get rid of racism, is because of free will and choice. Some people don’t like the color blue. They don’t know why. They just know they don’t’ like that color, and even if they can co-exist with that color, they will never like it. I think it just has to do with preference.

Racisim is just a "preferece" to one person or idea to another. It's no different then likey turkey sandwiches over ham sandwiches....but people think it's bad because it's people. "OMG HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE [THIS] RACE OR [THAT TYPE] OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE!! YOU ARE HORRIBLE!"

No.....it's natural to not like things,even if those other things are people. the problem occurs when u let those emotions take the better of you. of course people are gonna hate one another, i think that's honestly just human nature, and it's something that we can't change. As long as we can think, act, and speak for ourselves...we will hate the things that we do not like, even if we don't understand why we don't like them.

The important thing is, even if you DON’T like someone of another race, religion, or sex orientation...that you don’t be a racist bigot and treat them differently, or porously and maliciously try to harm them.

We can't control the way we feel, but we can control the way we act.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wolf Pack 51 and Spawwn, you've both got valid points to what you said. I agree with both of you to an extent. It is natural and survivalistic to hate that which is different...but is that a programmed reaction by ignorance programmed into survivalism?

I admit, at one point in My life, yes, I was bigoted to certain sexual preferenced people, I hated anyone who wasn't Christian. I was to an extent a Christian bully even because in the past opinion, if you weren't Christian, I thought, felt, and would tell you that you were going to go to Hell.

I grew up. I opened My eyes. I started thinking outside of those blinders that are the Biblical book ends and experienced life more. I started accepting that other people were entitled to their opinion whether I agreed with it or not.

Wolf Pack 51, no, I have never been racist in any way. You may think I am full of it, and that's fine if that's what you want to think. I do however know that certain races tend to lean towards one type of thinking or another, they lean towards the probability of commiting a crime. That's not called racism though, it's racial profiling.

Even Me though, I choose not to judge anyone of any race, until they began walking down a path of ignorance of their respective racial upbringing to commit a crime of whatever nature.

Yes, some races do not seem to figure out that fighting ignorance through knowledge instead of violence tend to get themselves into more trouble over and over, but that's a negative cycle that they themselves can break, if they really want to.

The choice is theirs though. Our society will choose to reflect the way we are taught, the way we mature, the way we grow in life, the way we walk a path of light or dark, meaning good or evil, there was no racial stereotypical racist connotations to any of what I have said in any of My posts here.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, I'm not exactly sure if I like the new look to ATS or not. Did people's thread get chopped down in size for the new look? The reason I ask this is there only seem to be one page of posts on this thread.

Or is it the new color scheme and you just can't see Page 2, 3, etc?

At the moment I'm undecided whether I like the new look.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Your thread is still as is. Admin is probably working on it as we speak, which is resulting in the black on black scheme.

Going to reread some of the recent posts and then follow up with some thoughts.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Your thread is still as is. Admin is probably working on it as we speak, which is resulting in the black on black scheme.

Going to reread some of the recent posts and then follow up with some thoughts.

Well, I figured out how to find the arrows to the rest of the posts and threads on your own threads. You know how to copy and paste? Well, act like you're going copy and paste, thereby highlighting like you will be copying and pasting the area where the Page numbers usually were. You will end up seeing it. Kind of too much like hard work if you don't want to do it.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just how racist are you? Do you hate black people? Do you hate white people? Do you hate foreigners? Well, I do not hate anyone in particular, but I hate ignorance. I'm tracking down My old posts and adding to them, trying to add to My knowledge here while being away, and at the same time stir up interest in what I've already posted.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Thanks for that update about "Dark Matter" when you made that comment, chissler. I am trying to stir up the interest in this post to see where people are seeing things in regards to this topic.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think affirmative action is a necessary step in equalizing opportunity among all races. For 300 years African Americans have been discriminated against and treated as inferior. After slavery was abolished they were relegated to the lowest jobs in society, with the lowest pay. Some were able to overcome these obstacles, but it was very difficult.

It's only been in the last 50 years that progress has been made and African Americans are now accepted in every occupation and all levels of jobs. That progress was largely the result of affirmative action policies. I agree it's almost time to dismantle these policies, but we shouldn't be in too much of a hurry. We could easily slip back into discrimination again.

I'm white and in my field there's more demand for African Americans and other minorities than for caucasians. That's because for many years the colleges and universities didn't hire them and now they are eager to catch up and hire a more diverse faculty. It seems that almost every African American or other minority who graduates in my field gets multiple job offers, while we white people are lucky to get one or two. Still, I think it is time to hire a diversity of people and enrich the academic community accordingly. I don't believe potential employers are trying to exclude white people, just to include the others. I'm willing to accept that for a time I won't be preferred because of my race, as I would have been 20 or30 years ago. It's a price we all have to pay to level the playing field.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I didn't read everything here... but part of the continuing racism problem in the U.S. is all the PC BS and the stifling of conversation and feelings from people to get it all out in the open. Keep supressing it, it will only fester and grow. TALK about it and it has a chance to resolve or lessen the impact. Common sense, imo... a thing this world is greatly lacking. I'll refer to it as 'good sense' as there is obviously nothing 'common' about it anymore.

**To edit in... I try to listen to Hal Turner, self-proclaimed white nationalist, on his weekly radio show and I agree with alot of what he says.

I also liked what Rev. Wright had to say and agree with his sermons I have found @ youtube... and have had many 'black' friends thru my life.

It's all in the open... I hear and react/respond to the dialog.

I don't feel I have ever been a racist, and feel I am even better off hearing these two gentlemen in the past two months. Everyone needs some HONEST talk in this country**

2nd edit in -- I also feel this has been all part of the overall agenda. When the SHTF, TPTB hope to see the racial violence... pitting one 'faction' against another, if you will. Let your enemies kill each other.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
I didn't read everything here... but part of the continuing racism problem in the U.S. is all the PC BS and the stifling of conversation and feelings from people to get it all out in the open. Keep supressing it, it will only fester and grow. TALK about it and it has a chance to resolve or lessen the impact. Common sense, imo... a thing this world is greatly lacking. I'll refer to it as 'good sense' as there is obviously nothing 'common' about it anymore.

You are of course, correct in your summation of this in that common sense is generally lacking in racist people. They choose to see what they choose to see, and not show intelligence, but ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join