It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Now let me put this in.

Basically, I wonder why Governments and their agencies lie about Ufos. They put them as secrets, "Classify" the information (the selfish people that they are), and generally treat the public as idiots. What right do they have to do this? So they are voted in, but all they do is abuse their power. What happened to freedom? So they have a "freedom of information act" but as they are fools and selfish they make sure you can't reach the truth because of their "Official secrets act". Well why can't they just be fair and let the public see the whole picture. They are supposed to serve the public but do they on this issue? No, that would be too simple.

Feel free to say what you like in this thread on the issue, you have aright to as you are a human being, don't let the government take that freedom from you.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
First of al the governments keep things secret because its in their best intrest !
Why ? Because its finnacial intresting to wait till the last moment 2 make something public. and al the supressed technology can't be hidden forever. We have a really unstabble world at our hands so actually i'm glad they are hiding some things for the world !

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
so is there actually a good reason, other than their materialistic aims? it might not be hidden forever, but they still shouldn't decide when everyone gets to see it. If they want knowledge so much, surely they understand that everyone else wants it too?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Because total controll is in progress and keeping the population blind is the best way, they they don't even have the slightest clue or understanding of what is happening it is much easier to keep up what they are trying to do.
You should also consider the fact that maybe it's not the the goverment that keeps it secret. But the aliens themself what it secret.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
But the aliens themself what it secret.

maybe then the governments could tell us that that is the case?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Originally posted by InSaneTK
But the aliens themself what it secret.

maybe then the governments could tell us that that is the case?

Ever thought of that they are the goverement?
Or those who controll it.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The original question is a good one. Keep in mind that modern countries all have official organizations dedicated to information procurement and control. These institutions indoctrinate employees into a way of thinking about the job and institution, and that justifies keeping information from the public.

To be reasonable, we need spies and secrets. Its part of the general equation. But the resulting power structure now centers around information control rather than procurement. And its justification is more cultural and economic than moral. One could go so far to say that our information procurement is far less effective than our information control. Hence 9/11. Its not good.

I am sure that aztec priests felt that if they did not sacrifice the hearts of captives, then the sun would not come up.

The institutions of today sacrifice our freedom at a similar altar.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is no proof to back up the statement that the government lies about anything dealing with UFOs. Hiding information like that for nearly 50 years is not possible.

So they probably don't have any information on it and are just as stumped as you are. Or, there are no aliens after all.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
There is no proof to back up the statement that the government lies about anything dealing with UFOs. Hiding information like that for nearly 50 years is not possible.

So they probably don't have any information on it and are just as stumped as you are. Or, there are no aliens after all.

That's a blind statement, we already have the roswell crash, and many other events where we can see how act of coverup works. It's a lot of evidence that something is not right. And saying they can't keep secrets for 50 years is underestimating the goverement. They got like, 50 security ranks? Anyone that actualy stand up and tell the truth will be hunted down and killed, specialy if they have influence on the public.

In 9/11 when the plane hit pentagon FBI came and took all the video tapes of the survailance cameras and told those who have seen anything not to discuss it at all. They where there minutes after the plane or whatever hit.

I'm just giving examples, and if people say there is no evidence of them keeping stuff secret, your so wrong. We didn't know about hte B2 bomber before long after it was made. (another example) Also when they actualy release the info about it i bet they got stuff that is many many years ahead of the B2 if they declassifie it.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
the government can most certainly keep secrets for 50+ years. Some information from WWII is still classified and that is over 60 years ago. Also, a tragic accident involving a trial run for D-Day in 1944 killed hundreds of solidiers and that was kept secret until like 1978.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The "govt" can only hide and disguise what it knows and what it is doing. The govt can't hide the aliens, but they can disguise them in our minds. The govt can keep us in a fishbowl, fearing all other life, but not forever.

The govt threatens the aliens to make them hide. The threats can be harm to the aliens and to the humans they meet. Harm can be ultimately physical as well as the slandering of the reputation of one person, a whole race of people, or all other races of people. Harm can also be framing for crimes. When the aliens meet and talk with a human, and the human tells others, it puts that human in danger of govt control of information. The alien races do not allow a human to take such risks when there is no need or gain.

Even though the alien races are still mostly hiding from public view, they have been increasing sightings of their crafts steadily for some time while increasing private personal contact with particular individual humans. The desired result for our world as a whole, and all that will be acceptable, is true education about universal ways of life.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
The original question is a good one. Keep in mind that modern countries all have official organizations dedicated to information procurement and control. These institutions indoctrinate employees into a way of thinking about the job and institution, and that justifies keeping information from the public.

To be reasonable, we need spies and secrets.

The institutions of today sacrifice our freedom at a similar altar.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

I understand that we need secrets (some of the time) but the governments don't seem to need to keep the information locked away about UFOs.

Some information from WWII is still classified and that is over 60 years ago.

is it? I wonder what fantastic justification there is for that?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

is it? I wonder what fantastic justification there is for that?

Yes, there is much information still classified from WWII. It wasn't until a few years ago that the amount of deception and trickery about the DDay landings the Allies used to fool the Nazis was made public. This was a HUGE part of the landings being successful that is still not widely known by the public.

What is still kept secret? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe some High level Nazi technology, nuclear stuff, secret spy rings, gathering methods, etc ?

Keep in mind though, the foo fighters were a big mystery of WWII and I'm pretty sure no one really knows what they were/are. Maybe they do and it's kept classified.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its a good question about UFOs. We are definitely not getting a straight answer. I don't draw conclusions about what the straight answer is, but I know I am not getting one.

We need to also consider that humans aren't really very good at knowing truths. We are much better story tellers than truth sayers. Our civilization, like all of them that I am aware of, has struggled for truth. We apply science to try to discover finite truths, and we use art to try to state inifinite truths and truths without closed forms. But we also have human traits that lead us away from the truth when it is inconvenient or hurts too much. I have seen scientists, priests, and laymen all fall into their own traps.

If one accepts that common sense is fallable when events are not common, and that humans tell stories, not truths, the value of ATS goes up relative to the view of the average person. But you have to be aware of human emotion, superstition, manipulation,fantasy, narcissism, and all the human spirit's boogey men who will join us at the table, some of which we have never named.

To directly address your original question:

We don't necessarily need to employ polar good and evil to understand secret keeping. For example, one might posit that anything sufficiently advanced technologically could binarily end humanity.

As a completely arbitrary, speculative example: If you discovered that mechanical time is not very fundamental, and that you could build technology that with a little gravitational action here on Earth could radically manipulate what you would perceive as your 'present universe' what effect would that have on society? How would you deal with the danger of not even knowing how to get your head around what might be possibloe with the technology? How would you protect your family?

Thats science fiction, as far as I know, but imagine if you had to decide what to do....

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

new topics

top topics

join