It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret of life & the universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is an old saying, "The ultimate in optimism is believeing that there is no life after death." I wish it were true, but i'm not that big of an optimist.

Everything you have read so far in this thread has been another members opinion, nothing more. The only way to truly know is to make that journey to the other side yourself. (and not come back)

I too have an opinion. It goes like this:

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here and chose to come here. You have it now and will continue to have it when you leave this world. It is not a question of what will happen to you, it is a question of what you want to do next.

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Hope this helps. Love and light my friend,

wupy

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
What happens if we die? What would be the next state? if there really is the next state, what would it be?

Deuteronoy 4:[29] But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jeremiah 29:[11] For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

John 3:[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John.1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
[4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
[5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
[6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
[7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
[8] He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
[9] That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
[10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
[11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This life is not the end, it's only the beginning if you receive Christ.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away." Bach

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
@ Searching

Thanks, Ed littlefox. That really helped. I believe that. There are others who believe that they have certain destiny in which they are helpless to change. My own opinion is like what you stated, a variable universe. For us human beings, there should a consequence for each of our action. We choose our own way. Right or wrong. Our movement, decisions and choices will make up the outcome of our future.

You are very welcome, my Friend. From the above, you have a clue--so, my advice is to pursue it. Since you live in Vietnam, and I should hope that the People over there are still religiously open as I remember--Buddhaist, Taoist, Confucist,Christian-- I am sure you can find a Buddahist/Taoist/Confucist Monk to speak with, at least, I hope so. Their closeness to the Earth will help to give you insight as it has them.

Since it has been mentioned, I am just going to say, here, that Drugs are NOT the way to any sound Spiritual answer. You cannot trust anything seen in a drug-induced altered state. This is never the way to go for any reason.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Ed Littlefox]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
There is an old saying, "The ultimate in optimism is believeing that there is no life after death." I wish it were true, but i'm not that big of an optimist.

Everything you have read so far in this thread has been another members opinion, nothing more. The only way to truly know is to make that journey to the other side yourself. (and not come back)

I too have an opinion. It goes like this:

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here and chose to come here. You have it now and will continue to have it when you leave this world. It is not a question of what will happen to you, it is a question of what you want to do next.

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Hope this helps. Love and light my friend,

wupy

We are along the same line of thinking .. although slightly different.. but still .. the path is good.. keep on truckin' .. lol

But I wanted to comment

The only way to truly know is to make that journey to the other side yourself. (and not come back)

You couldn't be more correct... the problem comes when one turns into a mad hatter... angry they ever stepped down the rabbit hole.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
To all who replied to this thread,

So far, the answers I received, far exceeded my expectations. I am grateful to the response and it has been very helpful in many ways.

All I can do now is to say is a sincere "Thank You".

So far it has been a healthy forum and hope it will also be helpful to the other who can read this

Yeah, and given all of this knowledge and beliefs, whichever I choose to pursue, I think my curiosity is always there, something out there, is unknown. But I just have to go on, move forward. Live & let live!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join