It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do animals go to heaven?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I recently lost my dog; he meant everything to me.... I can't believe we can love animals so much, as much as other humans.

In any case, do you believe our animals meet us in the afterlife? anyone have any experiences with their pets ghosts, etc..? dreams of pets that have passed on?

I have been having dreams lately and one kind of freaked me out the other day. I was in my house (in the dream) and i noticed my dog laying on the floor... I ran up to him because I couldn't believe he was there. I hugged him, he looked sick and weak (like before he passed), I told him to go back to heaven. I had the feeling he came back just for me and my parents. I don't know if this was just a coincidence or whether he really did try to contact me in a dream.. it felt so real.

looking forward to reading about your experiences or thoughts, thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If theres a heaven, then I like to think that our most loved people will be around us and so will our most loved pets. I think that when you love a pet and it loves you back, they get a soul.

I had a yellow lab named Jack that died a few years ago. I was miserable, I loved that darn dog so much! Anyway when he was alive he had a habit of following me so closely that his claws would touch my heels alot of times when I was out in the yard.

A few days after he died, I was outside doing some yardwork and I could've sworn I felt him stepping on my heels! Maybe it was my imagination, but I don't think so.

The next morning when I woke up, I was makeing my way to the kitchen and glanced out the window and saw Jack clearly in the front yard looking towards the house and then he was gone. It was only for a second or two that I saw this. At first I thought I was hallucinateing, then I decided that Jack must've been telling me goodbye one last time letting me see him like that.

I'm sorry for your loss and believe me I know how you feel. I hope this helps some, though I know it's going to take some time for you to get over missing your dog so much.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If you ever saw the film "What Dreams May Come" it portrayed heaven as whatever the deceased wanted, ie; when Robin Williams died, his "heaven" was a painting of wives, he was in it, and his pet dog that had recently passed was there. I think that is a very moving thought of the afterlife.

but to answer your initial question, I do believe animals go to heaven, they have feelings, emotions, and most importantly souls too.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've argued with preachers over this.
The answers, (depending on the preacher), is whether animals have souls. If the critter in question is a dog or cat, I don't think you could look in their eyes and *not* see a soul behind them. I think that if you love your animal(s), and they love you, and if there truly is a heaven, they go.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Dogs got a soul but a different one to a human...

"
Jack clearly in the front yard looking towards the house and then he was gone. It was only for a second or two that I saw this. At first I thought I was hallucinateing
"

When a loved dog dies, it then has a choice to either go away to other realms and dimensions or if there is a strong bond between the dog and the owner, the dog can follow his/her owner in the Real Time dimension of Astral world, real time zone is our physical zone i.e. the one you see when you just start to OBE.

Anyway, the dog has a choice to pursue and follow her owner in this zone. Here is the interesting bit, the dog CAN reincarnate into ANOTHER puppy if you tell it to the dogs soul.

Simply pray for another reincarnation of your dog. Find a father and mother dog that is going to give birth soon and pray that your dog incarnates with them.

Then when the puppies are born, come and play with them and the one which is yours will probably recognise you or you recognise her.

My dog died about 5 - 6 years ago... and i often see her in astral dimension...

I know that i am waiting for a period in my life when i once again can own a dog and she will re incarnate with me.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yes Absolutely. And if youare a follower of the bible there is support for this position
in the bible.

In one of the Gnostic texts Jeshua says in refering to "heaven", "Do not look for heaven
out there. If heaven was up there then the birds would get there before you. If heaven was under the water then the fish would get there before you." Revelations also speaks of the lion and the lamb. these thing indicate to me that all animals not just those closest to us have a place in the life to come.

I know there will be at least a few Wolves there, Some are already waiting just over that
Rainbow Bridge.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think that animals go to heaven when they die. Also as evidence of this, (if you feel it is) is given by people who have had near death experiences:

www.near-death.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi, Porky--

Interesting you should ask this. The subs on my mini-profile are not a joke, I am a Minister, and one who keeps animals, In my case, those are dogs, cats, and Horses.
I am sitting here drinking coffee this morning from my favorite cup; one picturing an Arabian Horse on a cloud with the prayer/statement by R.B. Cunningham Graham that states; "God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no Horses."

Those are my sentiments, as well. Of course, all we have on this idea are opinions. Some are just that, opinions, and some are what I like to call "evidentiary experiences".
Understand I speak from the later in my own Life, and also from my spiritual education. The answer to your question is YES, Animals go to Heaven. They, like us, are the individual Creations of God, and therfore contain a "piece" of God -- the thought and energy of that creation-- that we call a Soul--and it is the Soul that imbues consciousness. At Death, the Soul, which is eternal, seperates from the body, and goes on. Where it "goes on" to, is what we call heaven, and the true nature of that Place is a mystery. What we can understand of it is given to us only in parabalistic scriptures.

I hope this helps you.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Ed Littlefox]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes this question has always confused me a little as I find it hard to place within my understanding of things. It's not that it doesn't fit, but i'm just not sure where to put it

But from what i hear, yes they do go somewhere and oblivion doesn't await them.
But at what point do we draw the line? Mice? Ants? That's what confuses me a little.
But i would have to agree with the above post, every thing alive is a small piece of god.
Well everything that exists is god, but i believe life itself is a different aspect of god.
Perhaps Humans and animals are both different aspects, how similar i dont know.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Weird ,our Yorky was poisoned 6 weeks ago and my 6 yr old asked me,i believe this debate is open as there is somethings in the bible that bring us to believe it is so,but i never believed it is so but i cannot argue this now after some reading,i will only know when i die

So then does dogs/other pets that killed humans or man-hunters go to hell? And people cannot argue to say all these animals protected themselves i am speaking about animals that just turned on owners or their kids or male lions that team up with another male and go on a killing spree,yes i live in Africa and so it has happened and these lions are always young,full grown but young males,some are natural born killers..

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So then does dogs/other pets that killed humans or man-hunters go to hell? And people cannot argue to say all these animals protected themselves i am speaking about animals that just turned on owners or their kids or male lions that team up with another male and go on a killing spree,yes

I don't think that ALL animals have souls. And I'm sure some might disagree with me, but here goes... According to the Bible, God gave humans dominion over all the animals. So I think that only animals that have been taught to love by humans have souls.

A wild animal does'nt know the human emotion of love, but a pet learns from being close to humans and gets an idea of it. SOME pets. NOT all. Only the ones that become more "self-aware" and don't always rely purely on their instincts like wild animals do.

I'm sure that wild animal's "energy" goes somewhere when they die, perhaps they get immediately reincarnated? I'm pretty sure they don't go to hell just for being a wild animal. Even if they are a "natural born killer". All predatory animals are killers anyway.

Dogs that attack their owner for seemingly no reason to us, must have their own reason inside their doggy mind and their predatory instinct has obviously taken them over at the moment they attack.

What would we be if we did'nt love? We'd be wild animals. Out for number one and relying only our instincts for self-preservation. Love is the strongest power on earth, I believe. It gives us our "soul".

These are just some of my own ideas and thoughts. None of us have all the answers to this subject.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I definitely believe our pets go to Heaven, and that we meet them there when our time comes, as well.

I've been told that the place our pets go to is called "The Rainbow Bridge." At the Rainbow Bridge, all of the pain and suffering that they may have experienced in their life is gone. There are endless fields for them to run and play in. Plenty of fresh water, never-ending piles of treats and dog biscuits, and all the toys and friends a dog could hope for. Everyday they look over the horizon in anticipation of their human friend's arrival.

Of course, all of that was obviously made up by someone as it wasn't in the Bible or anything. But I like to believe that its true. Because I believe that Heaven for humans is whatever we want it to be. When we get there, all of our dreams come true. We're reunited with all of our loved ones and friends and pets who died before us. So, if Heaven is whatever we wish it to be, then it should also stand that Heaven is whatever our pets wish it to be. I have no doubt that if you're a good person and if you are lucky enough to go to Heaven, then you will be reunited with your pet(s).

A few years after my father passed away, my sister and I visited a psychic. She was recommended to us by a friend of our's who claimed she was very accurate. In fact, this psychic had a 6-month waiting list for us to get to sit down and talk with her. She wasn't what I pictured a psychic would be- no crystal ball, no giant wart on her nose, etc. She was an average looking young lady who did these readings out of her living room. You'd give her a picture of the person you wanted to contact, and as long as they hadn't committed suicide (she couldn't reach people who killed themselves, I think their souls are lost or something) then she would contact them. You could ask any questions that you wanted and could take notes of the answers, etc. Anyway, to make a long story short, she said that along with my father and some of his deceased family members, was a dog. I asked her to describe the dog and her description matched perfectly my father's childhood dog- Corky.

Anyway, have no fears, my friend. I've lost several pets over my lifetime. You just have to imagine how much better you made their lives, and what kind of terrible life they may have had if you didn't take them into your home and make them a member of your family. I believe with all of my heart that Heaven isn't Heaven if our pets aren't there. I think the best thing you can do is to pray for your dog, and to share the love you gave it with as many other animals as you can in your lifetime. Taking in more animals and loving and caring for them is the best tribute to your lost dog. God Bless you and your k9 pal...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Everything has a "soul" and the same principles apply to it as to the ones residing in our body. Only the human ego makes a difference thinking that there actually is a difference in a human soul or that of an animal.

We've seen where making differences leads to. Useless racism and conflicts. Why can't people just see things for what they are without casting judgement upon it?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You are missing the point, humans are also animals, why should be have souls and not the rest of the animals when in many ways we are worse than any other animals.

I think there is more people without soul than animals without it.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No, No, and NO.

Animals do not have souls.

Instead of speaking with Preacher "Tom", speak with any Christian Theologian or a Priest who is willing to tell it like it is and not give a candy coated version of things.

Sure we'd all like to think that our loveable pets will zoom off to heaven but unfortunatly they do not have souls.

I am not a scholar or theologian but have asked this question of professors and Priests alike in the past. When not within earshot of doe eyed children or PETA
they gladly will tell you that our furry friends are soul-less.

One Priest quoted me a bunch of scripture regarding it but he also simplified it this way;

God gave us free domain over the animals. This leaves us free to do with them as necessary; ie eat, use to keep warm, test for ebola...whatever. God also states in the Commandments...."Thou Shall not Kill" Why the contradiction? Because animals do no have souls so killing an animal is not in violation of this commandment.

At least that's how it was explained to me as a Catholic.

Now if you arent Christian or Catholic, your clergy might have a different take on it.

I do believe that there would be animals in Heaven if Heaven turns out to be all its cracked up to be, just not the animals we had here. So that means we will all have to housebreak our new pets in Heaven.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You are missing the point, humans are also animals, why should be have souls and not the rest of the animals when in many ways we are worse than any other animals.

Because we are made in God's image and are considered divine creatures.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic
No, No, and NO.

Animals do not have souls.

Instead of speaking with Preacher "Tom", speak with any Christian Theologian or a Priest who is willing to tell it like it is and not give a candy coated version of things.

Sure we'd all like to think that our loveable pets will zoom off to heaven but unfortunatly they do not have souls.

So just because a priest says so, does that make it true? How can you be sure they do not have souls? What would your own opinion be, instead of just following what somebody else has said because you perhaps think they are "Enlightened".

Look at what people have done because they get convinced by someone else to carry out that persons opinion. Such as the Crusades (Perhaps?), 9/11 etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'd like to ask, 'Is there even a heaven where anybody goes?' (animal and/or human?)

There has got to be a heaven for anything to enter it.

However, the topic of souls I can grasp much more easily as I have experienced things that make me believe in that possibility.
One of them being the time I lived with my grandmother and her cat 'Poopsie'.

At night sleeping on the couch I felt what I thought was Poopsie walking on me, I looked and there was no cat there. Poopsie was sleeping on the lazy-boy chair.
She had two other cats that lived there before that I used to always try to get close too when I was a kid, but being cats and me being a kid they always hid under the bed or somewhere where I wasn't, however, I grew up and they both died at that house.

Perhaps Barney and Mini-Sue wanted to come and see me this time?

I don't know, but the cat paws feeling on me laying down on the couch felt real walking up my legs to my chest. I felt real foot pressure weight.
I have also seen a human apparition in that house, that still makes me feel baffled to this day.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

So just because a priest says so, does that make it true? How can you be sure they do not have souls?

As I stated, if you are of a different religion, your beliefs may be different.

It also makes sense to me based on the religious beliefs of my faith.

AGAIN, if yours is different, then believe what you wish.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
Do animals go to heaven?

Only if they accept Jesus Christ as their savior. Was your dog saved?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join