It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane stops in Mid Air - Pretty Incredible Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The title says that a ufo stopped the plane in mid air, it looks like it's taken from a car window as it passes a few trees you can see the plane pretty clearly and with reference to the electrical wires and the pole on the ground, the plane doesn't look like it's moving at all.... it could be an optical illusion but towards the end of the video clip I did notice a dark luminous object near the plane and then move away..... this needs to be better looked at here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Its just an illusion, the car is going past the pylon one way the the plane the other way. Thats why the plane seems to have stopped in relation to the pylon.

You could do the same by using a camera and doing it on foot.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I appreciate your enthusiasm in wanting to present us with what you think might be a
incredible capture of a UFO or a strange phenomena revolving around the jet itself.

Unfortunately (and as I feared would happen sooner or later), this is one the many hoaxed
captures produced by "australianufowave.com". In April 2006, the Australian Film Commission funded an experimental digital video project by director Christopher Kenworthy. Between June and mid-August 2006 thirty-one clips of UFOs were created.

Australian UFO Wave 2006: Sighting #7

As stated off the site:

This clip was taken on the same day as Sighting #5, a few kilometres away, and just hours later. Sound has been removed from the clip due to copyrighted music that was being played in the car at the time. The clip was shot from the front seat of a car, through the glass window. The witness had seen a bright flash, and assumed there was a problem with the jet. When he zoomed in, he filmed this object. The driver stopped the car and the witness continued filming, but nothing else was seen.

REALITY: Compositing anything into a handheld shot, such as this, is very difficult. The solution was to clone part of the image (the jet engine) to an offset location. Ironically, this was the first clip that made a couple of people write to suggest that the UFO might be comptuer genrerated. In fact, it wasn't computer generated at all. It was just a disembodied aeroplane engine.

A number of people also suggested this was a model plane, because it wasn't moving. In reality, that hovering effect is created by the aeroplane heading one way, as the car circles around it in another direction.

Sorry...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Actualy that video is suppose to show an UFO following the airplane on takeoff, but the quality there is horrible.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Very interesting post. I was surprised when I saw this, because I myself had posted seeing a similar sighting recently (Virginia, USA). My post is called, "Floating Single Engine Airplane" it's on page 10 of the Aliens & Ufos thread (link to my topic).

Another poster, scared_little_piggy (South Africa), posted a similar sighting in his post called, "Please help me with some insight onto what has happened to me!!" (link to his post).

I watched your video - it's crazy! That is exactly what I saw. Now, I work near Dulles International Airport in Chantilly, VA. So there are a lot of aircraft coming and going, and they are taking off or landing, so they are at reduced speeds.

Someone responded to my post to refute my claim, but only to state that planes were capable of stalling their engines, and performing unusual manuevers. However, in your case, you must have a commercial, passenger airline stunt pilot, because yours is a full sized commercial craft. My sighting was a single engine plane.

The odd thing in my sighting was that I was a mile or more away from the plane I spotted, and it took me a couple of minutes to reach it. But at no time did it change direction, nor did it proceed from its original location. And as I passed it, it appeared to just sit there over the Interstate. This plane was pointed across the interstate, which means that if it were moving forward at even a slow rate of speed it would have crossed over the interstate. The plane did not move. And as I passed it, it seemed to just hang t here. It was such a bizarre sight that I thought enough to post it.

And your sight struck you enough to videotape and post it. Now, as I've said, I have seen similar optical illusions as planes are just moving so slowly that they appear to be still to a motorist passing by. And along those lines, it would be extremely difficult to dispute video of someone standing still while a plane just hovered there.

So I say if anyone has seen anything like this, and has video of a plane just hanging there, please let us know. Wouldn't that be an interesting way for "them" to get our attention by making our own aircraft perform impossible feats right before our eyes? When I saw that plane sitting there, I got such an eerie feeling. It looked like it was just hanging there observing. I still wonder about that incident to this day (it was about a month and a half ago)...

All I have to say is keep your eyes to the sky. Some very bizarre things are occurring right above our heads...

Thanks, Promomag! ATS ROCKS!!

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ok , you want an explaination :

does that make it clear ?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have to agree with the optival illusion explanation here. Every day I take the bus to and from work and I work near the airport, so I'm often watching planes take off in the opposite direction of the bus. Ie. towards me. When the bus is moving the plane appears to be hovering in the air. I remember it made me scratch my head the first time I saw it, but common sense won in the end

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I understand the optical illusion ex. ,
but if you look at the aussie ufo 7 video you can see
an additional plane in the back ground ( blackish ) moving
how is that one viewable to move and not the other?

Anyhow thats a great video

rewatched after typing that before post the other object looks as if
it's going down then forward ?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Definately an illusion -geez, how many times do we have to see this type of clip before it's accepted.

BTW as a pilot I can assure you that lighter planes are fully capable of 'floating like a kite', seemingly motionless. in a strong headwind. A small plane flying at near-stall speeds of 35mph or so, flying into a headwind of 35mph is going to make zero forward momentum. If the headwinds are 40mph, they will be actually going backwards at a (ground speed) of -5mph. It's perfectly safe, the plane won't crash or stall, and it's not even that difficult a maneuver to perform.

The commercial airliner, flying at say 100mph (landing speed) into a strong headwind of 50mph, would have an apparent ground speed of only 50mph, slower than highway spped on a car. Add the illusion of parallax, and you'll have some befuddled ground observers.

Anyway - I'd still be interested in seeing the UFO chase craft if anyone can come up with it...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
but if you look at the aussie ufo 7 video you can see
an additional plane in the back ground ( blackish ) moving
how is that one viewable to move and not the other?

which part of the fact that the australian ufo " footage " was a hoax - produced as part of an experiment . do you not understand from reading the attatched text .

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The question is, "Why are people just now posting about hovering airplanes?" It seems obvious that people must have seen this illusion at least once in their lives, but people are coming on to ATS posting that they've seen airplanes/aircraft hovering.

There are only a couple of people that came forward of late, and I'm one of them. I accept that it could have been an optical illusion, but I would like more people to step forward if they have evidence to the contrary...

Until then, it seems it's an optical illusion. In fact within a month or so of seeing what I thought was a hovering craft, I actually stopped to watch another larger jet, that I thought was sitting still, simply moving forward very slowly...

I don't know...only time will tell...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The ignorant_ape illustration explains it best, though if you go to any number of sites like the AOPA, FAA, EAA, many others, this illusion is fully explained. There's plenty of truly anamolous activity to ponder at AST. This isn't one of them.

In my opinion - case closed.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So then, would a plane take off from a treadmill?

Sorry, had to throw that in.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
The question is, "Why are people just now posting about hovering airplanes?" It seems obvious that people must have seen this illusion at least once in their lives, but people are coming on to ATS posting that they've seen airplanes/aircraft hovering.

There are only a couple of people that came forward of late, and I'm one of them. I accept that it could have been an optical illusion, but I would like more people to step forward if they have evidence to the contrary...

Until then, it seems it's an optical illusion. In fact within a month or so of seeing what I thought was a hovering craft, I actually stopped to watch another larger jet, that I thought was sitting still, simply moving forward very slowly...

I don't know...only time will tell...

I and two other pilots on this board explained to you in your post how what you saw was done in a single engine aircraft. It is quite easy to do given the right circumstances. If you were near me I would take you up and show you myself. But you insist that something paranormal is responsible for this, completely disregarding our explanations for what you saw. I dont see how we can explain or define what you have seen if your mind is already predispostioned to classify every odd event that you experience as a paranormal.

Trust me, I want to see a UFO too, that is why I am here, but what your experiencing is just not unexplained.

As for the above video, the car was in motion while videoing the aircraft. the aircrafts relative motion is lost due to the movement of the car. People, some of these aircraft slow to very very slow speeds prior to landing, especially in the landing rotation.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
No - my conclusion is that it's an optical illusion until it's proven otherwise. I'm with you on the illusion. I agree...I said "We'll have to wait and see..." meaning we really have to wait and see if anyone finds otherwise.

I'm actually kind of convinced that I won't see anything while I'm alive. I have a feeling that real up close and personal sightings are a long way off...we'll see - and I mean that in a way that means "We will have to wait and see."

[edit on 24-10-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Frankly that's the weakest "evidence" I've seen in decades! Geez I can go to L.A. International and look out at the landing pattern and see planes hanging in mid air due to optical illusion as per depth perception variables all the time. At night the landing lights make them more eerie.

This video is a complete misinterpretation. Also know that since the aircraft is near the ground it appears to be landing hence traveling at reduced velocity- probably 160 MPH. From the oblique angle of the camera shot from a moving vehicle there is no way of concluding that the plane is not moving.

Now if the viewer were stationary and not in a moving vehicle and filming adjacent to the directional axis of travel of the plane which was in close proximity and there were reference points on the ground that were visible and the event was more than a second in length it might be worthy of the strange category but nothing more.

Even when a we see a plane traversing the sky left to right the distance involved creates the sensation of slow speed when it could be going hundreds of miles per hour.

Finally, what credability does Youtube have, really? While this is simply a mistaken event, anyone can produce any fake they desire and post it for the world to see with absolutely no regluation or previous scrutiny by analysts. Would you buy a used car from this guy?

The most convincing images still come from the "old days" before the internet and digital manipulation software. In a time when original negatives could be analized by photographic experts and no fakery found is favorable to buying in to dubious web sites' wares or somebody with a screen name only purporting he has pristine images of this or that.

Any legitimate new-gathering entity in the world is far more trustworthy simply because of fact checking, corroboration of analysis and proceedures than McBlasto on UFOsRus.net

top topics

join