It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadkill Cryptids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Many animals are hit by cars every year.
I have read some reports and seen some photos of strange roadkill.
someone claims to have hit a chupacubra
but from the picture, it looks like some sort of baboon. Why would something suposedly far away from human life, be running across the road?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Have you got a picture of the dead chupacubra?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
Why would something suposedly far away from human life, be running across the road?

To get to the other side, duh!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think this is the one you were referring to.

I think it looks like a dead baboon to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have no photo sorry! But i do have these.

Now explain those...;.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I think this is the one you were referring to.

I think it looks like a dead baboon to me.

Looks like u got here b4 i did

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Your pics are better than mine. Wow. Nice angles. It looks less like a baboon in each picture after mine.
It's very hard to make out much. Most of the time, roadkill is so mangled to begin with, a positive id is next to impossible without DNA testing.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Surely that's just somebodies dog? Where are the spines and why haven't they photographed the face?

Hmmm....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes you can. Not very clearly. Look closely at the bottom left photo. You can jsut make out the jaw.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes, it does look like a dog or a raccoon(minus its stripes) or something like that. It was probably warped when the car hit it, causing the strange appearance.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hmm....just looks like a dog to me.

I think you'd know if it was a Chubacabra.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Or would we? we have no real definition of what it looks like. See my 'El chupacubra' thread. There are many different pictures reported by different people. All we can do is file it down to the most reported picture.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some funny looking dog to me. But there are funny looking dogs out there, so who knows. Why would a baboon be running wild near the highways? Is it someone's missing pet?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
it looks like a baboon or something like that. Looka tt eh feet. they are moneky/ape like or whatever. Its definatley not a dog. you can tell by the feet

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It could always be a black bear also. They can climb trees too

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think the most important factor is where these pics were taken.

As far as I'm aware, the "chupacabra" supposedly lives only in Latin America (hence it's spanish name "goatsucker"). I haven't really heard of any substantial stories or sightings outside of central and south america.
And Obviously, Baboons (as far as I know) only live in Africa and southeast asia, if I'm not mistaken. So if those pictures were taken in this hemisphere, I'd think it would be highly unlikely for that to be a baboon. Unless it had escaped from a Zoo or something, in which case that would have been reported and made known.

I think if the people were "interested" enough in this roadkill to take pictures of it, they would certainly take it somewhere to have DNA tests done to find out what it is. If they didn't, or just abandoned it after taking the pics, I think that's pretty good evidence that it was a hoax. Obviously, if you think you hit and killed a chupacabra, you're not going to just take a few pics and drive off. You're going to want proof from experts.
Does anyone know whatever became of this corpse?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It looks like a warped dog, but none that I've ever seen before.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yep, these pictures were taken so far away from Africa...The sets of pictures in question were taken about forty miles away from my home in Deridder, La. I believe there is a popular theory going around that it was a chow that got seriously skinned up from the hit. Had I known this was going to be a resurging theme, I would have driven up there when the story hit a while back.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
that is no dog, and that is no baboon. but one thing is for sure. it has no facial hairs. and look at the paws. curious

very "raggy" fur though

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by darkspace]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nearly unanimous opinion at cryptozoology.com is that it is almost certainly a dog. Getting hit by a truck can mess you up and make you look like a chupacabra. Really, there is nothing in the pics that prove it's anything but a dog. There isn't enough detail to positively identify it as anything other than "Fluffy."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join