It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Anyone noticed this BIG triangle (horizontal alligned) in the Nevada desert?: click
I dont think its a testing range for bombs becuz there are no craters in the area unlike the other circular spots in Nevada
Does anyone know what its purpose is?

further more is it known what they use this circle for?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've seen questions asked for these pictures and others through google maps MANY MANY times. The SAME EXACT PICTURES, and I have probably seen 20 or more topics for them.

Use search maybe, but they really aren't anything too important.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I did search and didnt find the awnsers on my questions.
They do have at least some purpose, i dont think the US army would go make all sorta shapes with tax payers money just or fun.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well, that last photo's circle is obviously not a bombing range. Perhaps it's something that's used to calibrate GPS satellites. I mean, they gotta have a reference if they're gonna know which way it's pointing. Just a guess.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
These pictures have been discussed numerous times on ATS.

The triangle is an old (1940s) target near Tonopah, Nevada. It is inside the Nevada Test & Training Range near Tonopah Test Range.

The last image is the Compass Rose at Edwards Air Force Base, California. It is a visual reference for pilots.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
thanx for clearing that out

Is there any knowledge on how they make these huge signs? They made the triangle exactly horizontal alligned with the earth map so i guess they used some kinda GPS system (weird tough in the 1940 area..). And how do they carve it into the land?

While were at it, anyone know what this supposed to be? (and the "signs" above it)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The targets and other markings are made in a variety of ways depending on the soil and the nature of the design (target, runway, etc.).

The last object you posted has also been discussed here previously. You can probably find a great deal of information about it on a few other threads. It is the Hard Target at Tonopah Test Range.

new topics

top topics

join