It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are survivalists as rife in the UK?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpaul

ty for your reply I am looking at the rifles now , I guess the question we as Brits want to ignore is .. they will prob be great for squirrels etc .... but what do i use to stop a starving man trying to kill me and my own just to save his own family..

i don't think anything .22 is gonna stop him .. that's why was thinking the bow/crossbow route.

Q

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
yes, crossbow is the way to go, get a few of the bolts that have removable points and change them for broadheads. a crossbow is easier for someone who has never used a longbow before, just point, aim and shoot.
edit on 4-11-2014 by bigpaul because: additional.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigpaul
QS have another look at air rifles-there are some good ones out there these days, possible to taking squirrels and rabbits and pheasants at the very least, a break barrel is best for after TSHTF no messing about with gas bottles and pumps and the like, "Weirhauch"(German) make good air rifles if you can afford one, if not go for an old BSA meteor or something similar. Navy DOC, I'm not much into "groups", I don't trust people and would prefer to be on my own. I'm not a newbie at this, I've been around for awhile and you can find me on other sites.

Fair enough, just a suggestion. Air rifles are a good suggestion as the better ones are powerful enough to take game.

A crossbow with broadheads can take down a bear so it should work on a bad guy. I'd imagine that those types of crossbow bolts would be restricted in the UK though.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
nope, broadheads are available on Ebay, no problems.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ty to you both , new directions you have taken me on

Q

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel glad to be of help.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

nope, broadheads are available on Ebay, no problems.

Sweet. For faster loading, I'd suggest he get a bow with a foot-cocking end. Would you agree? Also, a decent sight.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
possibly, it depends on the poundage, I've got a couple I can cock by hand, a sight would be good remember it has to be zeroed in, personally I've got a red dot sight.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

possibly, it depends on the poundage, I've got a couple I can cock by hand, a sight would be good remember it has to be zeroed in, personally I've got a red dot sight.

Red dot is an excellent choice.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Crossbow looks cool, and that's about it.
In case of an emergency it would take to long to load your second bolt.

Go for a compound bow, much lighter and faster to "reload"

And you won't give away your position every time you shoot (like a gun)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: drneville
Crossbow looks cool, and that's about it.
In case of an emergency it would take to long to load your second bolt.

Go for a compound bow, much lighter and faster to "reload"

And you won't give away your position every time you shoot (like a gun)

Takes more skill to use a bow than a crossbow and you can't really go prone with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Compound doesn't require much skill, some sights, a nock point, decent arrows and a bit of target practice.
Your right about the prone thing

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edn
To be honest I'm a little mystified and Americas obsession with guns and using them on humans. Most survivalist discussions here automatic weapons have been on the top of the list of must haves. But then I guess it depends on the situation you need to survive in, a revolt against your government your surely going to need weapons but for your average survival situation a gun should be that last thing on your mind.

Anyone who knows anything about survival doesn't need masses of food supply's, weapons and whatever else. Heck you could give me a decent knife and axe and ill be fine. Of course for city dwellers its a little more difficult.
Because we have seen (not visualized in our minds) seen; the kinds of lowlife scum that floats to the top when there is so much as a minor natural weather event or some sort of political crises looting and burning down at the slightest provocation or deprivation. there are 300 million of us and a lot of that are class a douchebags one step away from prehistoric savagery. In the riots in st louis the rioters burned down many stores or just tore them apart and stole everything. the stores that didn't get burned? those that had armed defenders. there are pictures of the defenders of an asian shop with the employees on the roof with rifles defending against the looters. that store survived. so did a gun shop. and the adjacent stores. i wonder why? lol.

humans are supposed to be above the animals; able to know right from wrong and subjugate our baser instincts to our higher nature. sadly only a few are really above their animal lusts. fortunately; we have the tools to provide a little extra motivation for those that need help retaining their humanity. or alternatively for those that being unable to behave need removal from the gene pool.
edit on 4-11-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
blogs.riverfronttimes.com...

toprightnews.com...

synopisis: two article featuring crazed survivalists running amok in fergason missouri... NOPE.
edit on 4-11-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

A crossbow with broadheads can take down a bear so it should work on a bad guy. I'd imagine that those types of crossbow bolts would be restricted in the UK though.

Nope. Just need to be over 18.

Crossbow of any power is fine here and so are any broad heads and you can order them over the internet, I should know I have one

edit on 4-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join