It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Camera (Ghost)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
There,s something bugging me about the face..Does anyone else thinks it looks slightly masculine?? like an old Elizabethan portrait??..

I,m gonna search through a few old books coz it looks eerily familiar

Yes, it does look masculine. Try something, Agent_T. Now I have a laptop so this may not work on a regular monitor, but I just looked at the picture (which I have enlarged on my screen in MS Office Picture Manager) through my cell phone camera and it makes it clearer! (And I can't even imagine why that would be so.) And when you look at it it looks more like a man in the face.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Maybe masculine was the wrong word...

NOT a good likeness. but you get the point yeah?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
for sure an amazing pic.

2 things:

I wonder if there were a mirror.
Not that I I want to say it is a trick with a mirror but ghost can sometimes be seen better in connection with a mirror.

There are strange rectangle areas in that pic like duct tape,
Check from the bug to the left ear of the ghost to the nose of the brown girl then down the brown girls right arm. That area's color is different.
There are more such strange color changes in mostly rectangle form.
I don't want to say anything with that but but just that it doesnt looks like a clean photograph to me.

I saw the ghost as a younger girl at first only when i read your comment later (clikced the link first) I saw it could be an old women also.
I wonder if the ghost could be a 'picture' of the blond girl in a way.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thesaint, how old is the house? Any history there that you know of? I wasn't trying to imply you were faking it, its just that when you said ghost I wasn't expecting something with such clarity..I was looking for mist or fog LOL

Pie

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The house my friend says is quite old and i would imagine it is late 1800s so not really that old in building terms. The 2 girls are just mucking round with their cam phone (as girls do). They wouldnt have the faintest how to use photoshop etc or anything like that. From what i believe they had a task trying to download their pictures and printing them off there not too technically minded (just young girls playing with the phone)

This thing was not noticed until a few days later when my friend was looking through the pics that had been left in the kitchen on the worktop. I believe she froze with terror. Its a classic photo and i think im gonna have to look into this place more

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Very interesting photo. But a couple of things are bugging me. The sharp line beside the ghost's nose looks drawn or painted like AGENT_T mentioned. The edge of the girl on the rights hair where it over-laps the ghost looks very sharp like it was cut and pasted over top in photoshop. Also the back of the ghost's head seems to be missing. My art teacher would call that the half-head syndrome when someone drew a portrait like that.

But hey, who's to say what a spirit is supposed to look like when it's caught on film?

[edit on 10/21/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You should really send this to Ghoststudy.com. They accept pics and have them looked at by experts (if there are any real paranormal experts that is LOL) and then they post the good submissions each month with comments. I would be interested to see what they say, they are pretty good at spotting the fakes.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
Very interesting photo. But a couple of things are bugging me. The sharp line beside the ghost's nose looks drawn or painted like AGENT_T mentioned. The edge of the girl on the rights hair where it over-laps the ghost looks very sharp like it was cut and pasted over top in photoshop. Also the back of the ghost's head seems to be missing. My art teacher would call that the half-head syndrome when someone drew a portrait like that.

I had always thought the line on the ghost's nose was a strand of hair from the girl on the left.

This picture is strange, my friend had something similar happen to him too. Although the ghost/thing wasn't as illuminated as this one. That and it had a lot of color to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It could totally be a ghost.
Or it may not be (how's that for definitive
)
Just keep in mind, that if it is a ghost, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's connected to the people, the house or the specific geography.
It could just be passing through.
That used to happen to me all the time.
(and my mom, and my great grandmother, and her mom...)

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets

I had always thought the line on the ghost's nose was a strand of hair from the girl on the left.

It is. And that kind of kills the statement that her hair is to "straight" or however it was described. Crazy thing is, when you go in and remove the hair, it still looks like a face.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nice,

Looks like what you have here is a ghost sighting
, are the people living there anymore scared or have the ghost always been there but they never mentioned it?

[edit on 21-10-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ummm.... doesnt the "ghost" look a bit small in comparison to the people in the front and the door in the back? I sooooooo want to beleive this is real... BUT I am still a bit skeptical. Why? Because i am a designer who has used photoshop/photography for 15 years. I know what i am capable of, and I know it can be done in photoshop. But WOW I hope its real. Very Cool!

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Agreed^ This could easiy be achieved with photoshop, and librasleep (I think that's it) had good comments about that picture. Whether or not it's real, it is interesting.

-Now that I look at that picture again I do think that the sharp line on the ghost's face is a strand of hair from the brunette girl.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I agree, I think it's a strand of hair too. Which only strengthens the pics credibility in my eyes.
I believe the guy that posted this pic, it's either real or a play on light, probably only with mirrors being the only possibility. Light can't really have nose and eyes and a face ; /
Any mirrors in that room? I dunno i just can't explain it. Not that i feel a need to

I accept it as a very interesting ghost pic until proven otherwise.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm gonna suggest something. Is there any possibility of a doll's headstand? Like a doll's head, where you can put hats on, and administer make up on? Jesus, I hope I described it right.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Ummm.... doesnt the "ghost" look a bit small in comparison to the people in the front and the door in the back?

Consider the fact that the ghost may be more of a distance away from the girls. The closet makes you want to think that the ghost is standing by the closet or walking out of the closet. If the rooms have been remodeled and walls moved or reconstructed, the visual may seem odd. The ghost sees the location "as it was", not as it currently is.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It doesn't look out of proportion to me. It seems right looking at the height of the doors. And what freaks me out about that ghost is that it has characteristics that would coincide with it being from the 1880s....freaky stuff....>_>

[edit on 21-10-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I noticed this sort of square rectangle thing when I zoomed into the image, It also looks kind of like a man more than a woman

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I wonder why nobody's pointed out the little feller hovering over the door knob back there. Here's a somewhat enhanced version.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If this isn't a fake, or a manneguin...

it looks like an extremely withdrawn ghost (um... maybe that statements redundant) that is mocking up the image of her previous body... hence the glowy figure and no mass to it. What's the most interesting thing to me is how the face is rather distorted- it looks worse than someone in a funeral home with makeup as well as very smooth and not edged like most people- very very interesting if this is indeed a soul's fake body mockup. Try inverting the colors, you'll find it interesting.

Quite a find!

[edit on 21-10-2006 by jaguarmike]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join