It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Camera (Ghost)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well I was thinking about a mirror being present more as an explaination for the shadow and reflection on the girls, but I must admit I was thinking about the old tricks with mirrors thing a while back when I first saw the photo.
It's known as peppers ghost, but from what I can tell the effect is more of the ghostly image either showing in front of or merging with the objects present. I may be wrong there though. Perhaps if there was a mirror, the peppers ghost effect was somehow produced by accident?
I hasten to add that I'm not totally disbelieving that this could be 'real' , logic just requires that I look for another explaination first

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
C'mon remirah - read through the entire thread before posting - we're WAY past your questions.

::: No bug, Bug, No bug again? What's up with that?

My vote stands with the majority: Photoshop (or other CGI) - and I still think it's a dead president-type image fogged in. The deadpan face and all.

Not much on this yet either, but since this is ATS: Anyone else just "feel" there is nothing here? I don't get any ghost vibes at all. I mean, sure when I first saw it, I think, "ewww, creepy, very Halloween..." . That lasted about six seconds. Everything (vibes) since has been screaming 'fake'. Not just that, but in true ATS fashion, I'm strongly leaning on the girls 'having a little fun' at our expense.

ok.ok. - - vibes is not science. I know that! But without any other corroborating evidence - all the privacy and secrecy, etc., vibes and phot analyses are all we have...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by ewan
same comments as before. Photoshop.

Please expand your explanation. After all.. this IS a discussion board.
I,m sure everyone is eager to hear your reasons and technical explanation on why this must be a PS

look further up, have already documented and enclosed and attachment showing the glaring problems with the picture, the high res image shows them a bit more clearly.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Outrageo, this is two attacks in two days mate. Do you not like me? I did read the thread and then posted a few questions that I honestly didn't see when I was skimming through.

Remirah

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hm, I see hardly anyone want's to give a 'final' statement.

So here is mine.:

Although I see some very suspect things that hint to an edited/photoshoped image I myself dont't see a strong enough indication to definitive conclude it is.

1) The strongest indication for editing to me would be the 'broken' Door-Handle!
Someone pointed that out, but take a close look at that again, thats really strange.
(also it's shadow seems broken??)

2) The whole area of the lower ghost arm (proportion!, and sharp edge in shirt).

3) The broken and strong one hair of the brown girl going through the ghosts face or string ghost nose line is suspect to me.

But all this could be somehow caused by light effects also.

Some things, that somewhat speaks against photoshop is the imperfectness of the ghost's head, the ear, and the bright 'reflection' that has a sharp edge on the right.
When fakeing I wouldnt integrate such a 'reflection' that in no way contributes to a head and makes no sense.

(I wonder byway If there was a wall picture/photo with a metall border at that place causing this strong reflection and the sharp edge. just the wall color of the ghosts face shadows speaks a little against that.)

Also about the doorframe, I wonder why should someone edit that door frame above the ghost.

A photographer's head shadow I don't see, but I see multiple light sources that cause multiple different strong shadow also on the girls belly and the dirt spots.

So my statement is:

- Could it be photoshoped: Yes. Definitive.

- Do I think it is photoshoped: No. But I have a rest doubt.

- Could all be a combination of light's shadows and dirt: YES. That's what I think is the case.

- Is it a ghost?: I don't think so.
My experiences says that it is hardly possible to photograph ghosts in the spectrum of the visual light. At least I saw no convincing photograph of a real ghost till now.

The shadow of the ghosts face are close to the background wall colour indicating to me it is the background wall and the light reflection is very strong, difficult to archive for something that is not material.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've been watching this thread with fascination since it was started.
I noticed that a few folk are talking about the 'ghost' having shoulder length hair. One of the first things I did when the pic was posted was to check out a negative of the image, a neg of the 700 dpi image is posted below. This shows up more clearly the white shape immediately behind the back of the ghost's head (black in the negative), which I found makes it difficult to see properly what's happening with the hair. It looks to me that the ghost may have rather messy shortish hair, though it's hard to be sure. There's blurring on the shoulder that kinda looks like hair also, in which case there would be a gap where the background shows through. Looked at in negative, I think the face looks more male, then looking at it in positive again I find that it does look like a lad, but a very old fashioned one, especially with that shape to the hair and that low side parting. Dunno, just thought I'd throw that in - I'm not totally convinced by it, but I do reckon it's a good possibility that it's real.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
yes I've been trying to look at the figure in different ways too. I'll throw this into the mix, sometimes it almost looks like an Elizabethan man with a ruffle round his neck.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

1) The strongest indication for editing to me would be the 'broken' Door-Handle!
Someone pointed that out, but take a close look at that again, thats really strange.
(also it's shadow seems broken??)

Just found out that is clearly a 'dirt' in a horseshoe form going over the door handle and it's shadow. That's why the shadow is broken also!
(and my strongest photoshop indication gone..)

Can you check please if the broken door handle is broken in your printed source also or not?

If not -> clean your scanner!

If yes -> I am back with my 'photgraphed' through a glas plate. The dirt must be on a glas plate.
(or maybe it was scanned before you one time and that scanner was very dirty)

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok, I'm a total believer in the paranormal...I've experienced a few in my life.

This picture seems real to me...I'd love to think it is, but I do have to point out a few things in question, that I'm sure others have stated, but just for my piece of mind I'd like to say them.

Ok notice that the door is open. There is a light source outside of the room to the left. So that could be a possible reason there is no shadowing on the wall over by the closet
But in defense for that there is also a light above the girls and it seems like there is a beam per say of light that is really bright that is shining down behind them.

Then maybe its just me trying to justify the picture. but look at the picture hanging on the wall...the one of the person in the pink dress (or whatever it is) now look at the ghost....does anyone else see any type of resemblance or is it just me?

Well this is a really good thread I must say, I just wanted to put my 2 cents into to see if I was the only other insane person out there trying to justify it.

MissAshleyDear

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am a paranormal investigator and this appears to be a hoax to me. I do not know this for sure. But it does look very classic of fake spirit photgraphs. The person is so well formed which usually does not happen. It also has the classic cream, glowy, white, characteristics which are the normal persons average misconception of ghosts. Also, this is very clear for a camera phone.

I could be wrong though!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
dfinitley not a light anomaly because there is a clear human form and there is darkness all around the apparition

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I call a huge "fake" on this one.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i am a total ghost naysayer, however this is just amazing. I had to send a link to my friend, who was on ghostbusters not that long ago.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sytima
I call a huge "fake" on this one.

Firstly this is a one line post so check out TandCs and also if you state this then back it up with your reason why???

For the rest of you i am bumping this thread due a conversation i had again with this family a few days ago. I have not spoken with them for a while. Immediatley i was asked "Did you get an answer about that photo". I explained many people believed but also many people believed it to be fake and or another person involved. To say they were upset is an understatement. To them this is there proof of a life after death their point in the direction of enlightment to be honest. I am still convinced this photo to be genuine and think it wouldnt hurt for people to take another look

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It looks like the photo behind the girls to the left, I think it's a play on lighting.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Who is the picture of on the wall to the left of the two young ladies? Does this figure appear, in any way at all, to be the same person? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the thread thusfar, so I figured I'd toss it out there as a possibility.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The picture on the wall was mentioned aswell as PMS i recieved. I did ask her when speaking with last week about this picture. Supposedly this picture is of a young member of the family and bears no resembalance to the suspected ghost. I believe it is similar to a school photo and am told that this is definitely not a picture of an old member of the family etc.

Because of the distance it is hard to work out that picture and i can see why 2 people with light hair facing in the same direction could draw the mind into thinking there is a connection.

Im still under the belief this too be very very genuine

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Well, it certainly is interesting. I'm of the opinion that it could be an angel, sent down to watch over them. I've been wrong before though. It would explain the illumination though.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
very very chilling indeed, scare my wits off

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm going to start out by saying this is not a picture of a human female in the background.

And yet, it's the second picture taken with a mobile phone that I've heard of where a human female has seemed to appear in the background, looking over the subject's shoulder.

It this something to do with the make of phone. Is it a hoax perpetrated by Nokia? Or a short woman standing on a box two feet behind them?

Or is it an accidental trick of light, emphasised by the flash from the camera, reflecting back of the shiny parts and being absorbed by the less shiny parts of the wall (or whatever) behind them? Is it a puff of smoke from one of the girls' cigarettes, or a kettle/steam-iron boiling in the background?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join