It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop US casualties in any war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I figured out how to stop about 70% of the US casualties in any foreign war...

If a US Soldier gets killed by an enemy combatant using a weapon made in the United States or by a company thats in the United States (ie. Lockheed-Martin, Boeng, Raytheon, etc.), said company will be held responsible for that soldiers death.

Of all the weapons in the world, 70% of them are made by US companies.

Of course, this would never happen because said companies wouldn't allow it to happen.

Even if it did, they would just move their operations overseas so they can continue to manufacture weapons that can and will be used against us.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There is one problem with your argument as it applies to the war in Iraq:

As far as I know, U.S. companies don't make IED's.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by Flatwoods]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I thought US arms sales was around 40% of the market, where does 70% come from. Maybe the best option would be for the US to stop selling its arms to potential enemies in the first place.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The US is the top seller in the arms market with $9 billion in sales in 2002. Great Britain was #2 with a little over $4 billion in sales.

The US and Britain sold Saddam Hussein the technology and materials Iraq needed to develop nuclear, chemical and biological weapons back in the 80's.

The US also trained and armed Osama bin Laden.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
If a US Soldier gets killed by an enemy combatant using a weapon made in the United States or by a company thats in the United States (ie. Lockheed-Martin, Boeng, Raytheon, etc.), said company will be held responsible for that soldiers death.

i see where youre coming from, and it does make a fair bit of sense. the problem, however, is how do you prove that the company is actually responsible? weapons get taken from dead troops, and weapons that were originally sold to saddam back when he was still our ally end up in enemy hands. how is it the private manufacturer's fault that the US didnt have a crystal ball in which to know that in the future, saddam would be our enemy?

Of all the weapons in the world, 70% of them are made by US companies.

not that i dont believe you, but i'd like to see a reference for that number. because according to the chart shown here, the united states only accounts for forty percent of the worlds arms trade as of 2004. and that number includes all trade, from small arms to high technology such as military aircraft.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The US and Britain sold Saddam Hussein the technology and materials Iraq needed to develop nuclear, chemical and biological weapons back in the 80's.

That is partly true, we did that when Iraq invaded Iran. But I don't think we would sell biological weapons because of the danger. AS for chemical, perhaps. I think if we would not of gave them materials for nukes because of the danger of the technology spreading.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes. As their own agent. They had no idea that Osama would go on to to what he did. So are you saying that US shouldn't train any agents?

The largest reasons why the US is financially where it is now is through arms sales in WW2. They just sat back and sold arms for several years. When the 'sleeping giant' woke, and won the war. They made the losers pay for every weapon, bullet and shell that they used. This bringing in even more finance. Why would the US give up it's 'biggest' source of finance? It's like a kid taking away his own pocket money, because he might by candy that will cause cavities.

top topics

join