It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could our dream world be as real as this world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was just thinking, that when you are dreaming half the time you usually dont know you're dreaming. the people and things that happen in the dream world are as real to me in the dream, how would we know if were just not dreaming everything that we see right now, our friends, family,etc.? now thats a crazy thought aint it?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Rent the movie Waking Life.

It's very interesting.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
To speak in the language of the Hebrew Tree of Life, the Astral Plane, 'Dream World', or the 8th Sphere Hod is closer to the Divinity than the Physical Plane(relatively speaking), so it would therefore be "more real" than 'this world'.

But Hod's counterpart in the hell-realms(where the Consciousness of the average person is submerged) we could say is "less real" so to speak.

www.gnosticteachings.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
very interesting information guys, i'll check it out

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What if this whole year/decade is a dream, and you are dreaming this right now? You would wake up and you are 10 years younger than you think you are right now. Could you dream ahead 10 years into your life?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Very intersting question enjoies05, have you ever had one of those crazy dreams where you wake up in the dream but you're actually still dreaming? those dreams always trip me out!:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I recently had a dream in which I woke up and realized I had just had a dream. Not long after, I woke and realized they were both dreams...a dream within a dream, I guess.

But I too have often wondered about the reality of the dreamscape.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That is crazy daboga75, could it be possible that in the dream world we could have fallen asleep and entered into another dream world? Having a dream within a dream? kinda makes you wonder.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It is instructive that when a single word is enough to answer a question posed
This site requires a respondant to be extremely verbose with their answers.
So rather than be clear and consice with answers, the use of short, declarative
sentences, or even a single declaritive word one must wax verbose. The character
requirement now being fulfilled I can answer your question.

Yes.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ask:

Is your dream more right than your reality? Does your dream life have more to offer in emotional and spiritual fulfillment?

If yes, would you want to wake up?

I wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Why must a conscience world be seperate from a semi-conscience world? Is not a vision a semi-conscience revelation? are not most religions based on " Visions" of this or that Prophet, Preacher, Illuminated individual?

top topics

join