It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people.. tricks of the mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey everybody, I've been wondering lately about this stuff. I have a long history of sleep problems, it's rare that I'm in bed before 3am, ever, even during school and work and all of that. However, I am usually up late on the computer most of the time on this site, haha. It is not a rarity that while I am up late, I'll catch something out of the corner of my eye, what seems like a dark figure moving down the hallway, or something of that manner. (The way my room is situated the hallway is directly to my right when I'm at my computer.) I was just wondering thoughts on these things, I always thought it was a trick of my mind, but sometimes it happens and the hairs on the back of neck stand up, and I get a horrible sense of paranoia. It is even worse when one of my cats is in the room, and as I catch something in the corner of my eye, the cats will look at that same place and go crazy, it's freaky.

I've only really experianced something "paranormal" once. When I was at my aunts house one summer, it was only my cousin and I, and the power was out at the time. We were sitting on the couch and the kitchen is directly parallel to the living room, and they are connected with openings, not doors. So anyways, my cousin and I are sitting there, and all of a sudden, all of the stuff on top of my aunts microwave shot across the room, I mean literally SHOT, the microwave was completely fine, and where it should be, but all of the stuff was everywhere, no one else was in the house, just us..

So, later that night when everyone had returned, my cousin and her older sister had got into a fight, and being the violent girls they were, lol, the older sister was chasing the younger one down the hall, and she ran into my aunts room and SLAMMED the door, and it is hard to explain, but the door went a lot farther than it should and reversed through the frame, and was lodged shot. We tried everything to get this door open, including me ramming it (I'm a big guy) but to no avail. We took a step back to try and figure out what to do next, then all of a sudden, the door just rocketed back into place, no one touching it, and it was open. Weird..

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Have a webcam? Try getting one if you don't and keep it on in your room. Then we will know what is really going on.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'd almost be afraid to do that, because then I'd be really weirded out lol.

Anyone have any opinions?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Thank you!

Sorry, I searched it but must of made a typo cause I didn't find anything.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Some information that I have heard from brain neurological scientist is that, supposedly they were able to trigger the process in the back of the brain that created the experience of interacting with a shadow person. I am suspect of those same scientist though, because they explained that the shadow person according to the patient was mimicking the exact same movements they were doing, which would prove that the patient was indeed making these people in their mind. However this is drastically different from the experiences I have heard of shadow people being able jumping over building, staring at you over your bed, seeing more than one shadow etc..

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm starting to fall into the opinion that like many other paranormal things there are the real events, and the ones we create in our heads. For example, many people who encounter "ghosts" will then start to see them more, because they make them up in their head after first contact.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
making them up ?

sounds like disinfo.

I suppose someone can get jumpy/fearful , but

if you seen something, then just trust you saw something

the fact your cat reacted

ought to confirm the sighting

which shall remain a mystery.

anyone who has looked into

the world of the unknown with

an open mind , knows there are

lots of things about this world we don't

understand. not because we are stupid ,

but because we are lied to . lies by omission.

we all were born into a big lie , and this

here is just one of the smaller ones.

[ and maybe you start seeing more, because
you are in tune with them instead of imagining them ]

again, trust your gut.

toasted

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There is a spot in Gettysburg where we ALWAYS see a shadowperson. It is where the clump of pine trees are on the hill near the high school. Every time we have been to Gettysburg and gone out to this area (part of the battle was on the high school athletic field), we see this one shadowman. And it can't be our imagination .. he has tapped people on the shoulder and ran away.

He's real. Shadow people are real.

new topics

top topics

join