It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardcore Punk, Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Have we any other hardcore punk fans here? Or even any other straight edgers?

Bad Brains?
Big Black?
Black Flag?
Dead Kennedys?
The Germs?
Hüsker Dü?
Minor Threat?
The Minutemen?
The Misfits?
Suicidal Tendencies?
The Teen Idles?

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Brings back memories. Mellowed some since the heydays of the Punk invasion in the 80's, but some good memories there.

I still have some of those albums...think I'll go dig 'em out. Thanks for reminding me. You are totally cool, but in honor of the Punk in all of us...:bash:.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah, me and my friends are in high school. One of my friends was obsessed with Nirvana and started listening to the bands that influenced them. When he discovered Black Flag through that method, it spread to all of us and we were hooked. From nothing we've gotten about two dozen people into it in about a year.

[edit on 21.10.06 by invader_chris]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Misfits & Dead Kennedys Are two of my fav punk bands ever . Allso dont mind Big Black, But probly more for the work Steve Albini has done with the Pixies & Nirvana producing

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looking at my avatar should tell you I'm a huge misfits fan! I also love all the bands you listed, as well as corrosion of conformity (old old stuff, before they became a crappy stoner rock band!), Battalion of Saints, Negative Approach, Gauze, Gism, Deathside, Lip Cream, Seige, Attitude Adjustment, Adrenaline od, septic death, Necros, Fix, Mob 47, discharge, Chaos UK, Terveet Kadet, Riistetyt, Heresy, Ripcord, christ on parade, Artificial Peace, + hundreds more. I could go on forever with this list. I've been listening to hardcore, punk, and metal since I was kid in the 80's, and now that I'm in my 30's I love it more than ever!!
-

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well as you can tell by my name, I'm straight edge. Been a member for a really long time but don't post much. GISM is easily my favorite band, but I like all types of punk, metal, ect. Anyone wanna share music? On soulseek my name is BoltThrowerAD

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm not sXe, but i am into the punk scene.

Dead Kennedys are easily my favorite act (fyi - any dead kennedys fans here should check out the albums from Jello Biafra & The Melvins - they sound like the dead kennedys, jsut a tad bit heavier)

Also - Bad Brains for the win!

Any love for DRI? Hatebreed? Blood for Blood?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love Punk rock and Hardcore. I kind of grew up into all those scenes and now I find myself trying to reclaim my youth and get more into punk again(I was more involved in the hardcore scene, still am, just a lot of drama.)

When it comes to music, I like nearly everything, but my favorite styles have always been punk, youth crew, and NYHC style.

Anyone into pinkerton thugs or the vigalanties?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Casualties are great, I also like the Scarred, the Converted, and Marching Orders out of Australia

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
One of my top favorite bands is The Exploited. I had the pleasure of seeing them a little over a year ago and it honestly was the best show I have been to so far in my life. Wattie is quite the charismatic little man.

top topics

join