It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Jails and Tortures Man Once Tortured by Taliban and Much More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The first case, Abdul Rahim, is horrible but it isn't just him! There are at least two more if not dozens of others suffering from the same thing!

I know, Bush made this legal, but it doesn't mean it's right! The two other cases besides the main one, these...

Adel Hassan Hamad, a Sudanese charity worker arrested at 1:30 a.m. July 18, 2002, in his Peshawar, Pakistan, apartment. Co-workers swear he was a hospital administrator with no connection to terrorists. A dissenting U.S. Army major on the panel that reviewed the unclassified and secret evidence against him called it "unconscionable" to detain him because some employees of the same charity may have supported terrorist ideals.

Nazar "Chaman" Gul, a 29-year-old Afghani who thought he was working as an armed fuel depot guard for the Karzi government installed by U.S. forces. The man who hired him swears that was the case, but he is accused of being a member of a terrorist group. The lawyers say he has been mistaken for a commander of that terror group, named Chaman Gul, also held at Guantanamo.

Are horrible! These people can't be terrorists but according to new laws it doesn't matter, Bush can capture them, torture them, and torture them some more just because they are of Arab decent.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Horrible, I agree.
I dont know whats worse, the fact that this is being done, or the fact that my otherwise good and noble country men have somehow been conditioned to accept this, and a number of them seem to espouse the 'merits' of torture.
How this happened in the 'land of the free and home of the brave' I will never know, but it saddens me, sickens me, and frankly, it scares me.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thats like the law where i live if your in a car and somebody is smoking a joint and your not you still get arrested as if you were smoking it but thats low for what they did to the man.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
No one else? JSOBecky? DJ? Grady? All running away as fast as you can? Aw, it's ok, maybe one day the republicans might actually do something Conservative. Until then, enjoy the torture of children and POWs, and anyone who disagrees with Bush.

new topics

top topics

join