It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your Favorite type of Cigarette?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Newport 100 Box.
And it has to be boxed. I can tell the difference in the flavor between the box and soft pack.
That is all I will buy, BUT I WILL bum any Newport or Salem.
Salem Light 100s taste very close to Newports in flavor.
There is also a generic brand call Monarchs that are similar, they just aren't packed tight, so they burn faster, and they leave a metallic taste in your mouth towards the end.
I have smoked menthol roll ya owns, and in fact, was neighbors with a sweet older lady that always had them on hand, because everyone begged smokes of of her, but would never return the favor, but for me.
If I bummed a smoke from her, I got the newports, cause I always repayed her in kind.
She had this box thing, and she bought the loose tobacco, and the filter/paper things, they look just like a hollowed out cig.
You put the tobacco in the box, and the filter thing, and you close it up. I know this isn't making much sense, but it has been a while..
And voila, you have a cigtarette.
I don't know how much I smoke, actually. A pack can last me up to 4 days, but sometimes it will last only one day
Average is 2 1/2 days.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circa
My question is, how long does it take for smoking to become absolutley 100% addictive? As of right now I can control how many cigarettes I have a day, and I know that I could quit cold turkey any day that I wanted to.

It's different for everyone; for me it's always been more of a psychological addiction, and I was completely "addicted" in that sense within a month or two. I don't know about the physical addiction myself, I have a hard time now telling when I "need" a cigarette and when I just want one out of habit.

What you need to do is try to quit, and see how long it is before you start telling yourself "I don't really need to quit, I'm just doing this as an experiment, and it's not that big of a deal to just have one." See how easy it really is to go cold turkey; I say if you can make it a week without a smoke and no cravings, you're doing pretty good.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
Oh, Kamel Reds are everywhere here in 'Jersey. I guess we are just more civilized here.

*laughs* No, most people here (in the NW corner of Mass.) are broke... For the most part, they smoke USA Golds and Mustangs. And while there's a reasonably wide selection, Kamel Red's aren't even on the list of possibilties for the local gas stations.. Found 'em everywhere in Chicago, and only a handful of places in Milwaukee... even fewer on the 24 hour drive out here.

...Honorable mention goes to a carton of normal Camels my mother bought for me in Italy. The Camels you get in that part of the world are 100% Turkish tobacco (not a blend like in the 'States) and they taste absolutely divine.

You know, I've smoked German Camels and Marlboros... They weren't half bad. Much smoother than American smokes.. and about the same price.

I quit in one night. A friend had recommended hypnosis as it worked for him 20 years earlier and I saw an ad in the local paper for "lose weight and quit smoking..." so I figured "why not." The thing to remember is that with hypnosis no one is helping you quit - it is something you do for yourself. You have to want to quit or it will not work.

Kudos to you. Last time that I 'tried' to quit, I lasted 1/2 a day. I've managed to cut down a few times, thanks to serious vizualization. (Even managed to get myself sick to my stomach... then I thought of Clockwork Orange and wasn't so sure that that was the best route...)

Above all else -- you're right, you (or anyone) has to want to quit. Right now, I know I should.. but my inner fiend is not so easily satiated by ideas.

Mmm, is it Sci-Fi Friday yet? No?! Damn! *Jonesing*

You know, I quit 'herbal' smokes back in June, and after, um.. hotboxing my apartments for 4 years straight (every day, as often as possible), it was quite a feat. After a few weeks, and for the most part since then I've had very little craving for them. (However, I am constantly reminded that it was one heck of a way to turn my brain off... *that* I do miss sometimes..) Puffed a few times over the summer, and realized that while it was fun that previous evening, it totally killed the next day -- I was sluggish, kinda depressed, and constantly thinking how I wanted to smoke again. ...that's not right for such a nice recreational smoke, ya know? *sigh*

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

My question is, how long does it take for smoking to become absolutley 100% addictive? As of right now I can control how many cigarettes I have a day, and I know that I could quit cold turkey any day that I wanted to.

It's different for everyone; for me it's always been more of a psychological addiction, and I was completely "addicted" in that sense within a month or two. I don't know about the physical addiction myself, I have a hard time now telling when I "need" a cigarette and when I just want one out of habit.

After 5 minutes of debate, I've decided that my 'reasons' are 'rationalizations'...

I was mentally addicted to smoking before I even started. The physical habit still kicks my butt sometimes... (*smirks* pun not intended) I watched people smoking, not popular people, but people in general, and thus the habit developed. I waited until my 18th birthday, and after skool I bought a lighter and a pack, and that was it. Was at a pack a day before no time.

Physical addiction/habit is hard enough to break once it's become an unconscious habit. There are very few times that I 'need' a smoke.. I just always want to smoke. Actually, I'm debating smoking a pipe.. not only will it smell better, but I'll be able to smoke longer.

...that and all the cool kids are doing it...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nuber 7 King Size Filter (Red pack) are really good tasting Canadian cigarettes with good "kick".... I've tried lots of different smokes and keep coming back to them.....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

The soil, the growing season, the method of curing.
The strain of tobacco, then how it's blended with other strains.

Even the same brand can taste different from year to year. They can adjust the taste by varying the blend, to make it close...Then there are flavors added afterward too..

BTW I quit, at least mostly quit...down to about 3 per month now..

This is not a good thread for you!

It's like someone addicted to chocolate, and reading a thread about all the different kinds of chocolate and the best ones.

LOL, stay strong!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've never gotten into smoking, my brother smokes, and I tell him to stop, I sometimes try his smokes out just to see what the hell is wrong with him, I end up throwing it away, doesn't do nothing for me.

I just can't see the big deal, I've tried cigarettes, cigars etc, even shisha. I would say I like shisha the best thou
all the different flavours are great

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I smoke Mayfair.. but I do love Victory. Bulgarian ciggs.

Very nice, but I do like the special cigar.

Oni x x

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Marlboro Reds are where its at!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I quit smoking about a year ago, but my favorites were the Sweet Dreams brand, cherry flavor. Oh so wonderful!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I smoke buglers, roll em myself...40 smokes for 2 bucks...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Canadian, being as I live in Canada now and have for 25+ years would be Export A Green, King size.

I smoke about a pack a day.

If I was in the States still it would be Camel Kings... I'd walk a mile for a Camel.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What is your favorite type of cigarette/cigar, and how many do you smoke a day?

My favorite cigarette is Camel Wides, and I smoke around 10 a day.

I've tried your brand and found them to be kinda dull. No offense, just my opinion.
The reason I tried them is that they have been selling in my area for "buy one, get one free". They are not for me I guess.

My brand is Marb Menthol lights-hard pack!!!!

There great with beer!!:w:

[edit on 7-7-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What's with all the Marlboros and Camels? Doesn't anyone else like Basic Lights?

I tried to quit a few times, but it's like 2 days without one and it feels like I'm just floating by everyone. Is that what depression is like?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Marlboro Ultra Lights are the smokes for me. I can't smoke anything stronger than that.

(whimpy) Rush

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Parliament Ultra Lights are my crutch. Would love to quit but they are just so damn smooth!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Bulgarian ciggs

What is the name of those?
I used to smoke Balkan Sabrane, before they quit selling them.
Another one I liked that they do not sell any more is Philip Morres Commanders.
I am stuck smoking Camels, any more.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Used to smoke just plain old John Players Lights, but since the cost of everything has gone up I now just have a friend go up to the local reservation and by a carton of smokes for 10 bucks. To equal that buying per pack would be around $64(depending on brand). Thankfully I've got my smoking pretty much cut down to breaks at work, so around 5-7 a day average.

If I do have to but a pack nowadays though, John Players standard lights.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My favorite are regular newports

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join