It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your Favorite type of Cigarette?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

:shk:

Its all i can afford.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I used to smoke Newport, or Salem if I could'nt get the Newports. But since about two months ago, I've been making my own. Not rolling them. But making them just like a factory made cigarette, filter and all.

Costs about $1.25 a pack this way, versus almost $8.00 here in Chicago.

Of course I really want to quit, but as everyone on this thread knows, it just ain't that easy.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The prices are seriously jacked up these days. I remember when they were less than a dollar. Oh the bliss... It seems most of you enjoy the camel brand. I'd say very wise choices. As for the menthols though, I used to smoke menthols when i started out, but they got really old, and non menthol have so much more flavor. IMO

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
One of the reasons I quit was that cigarettes were pushing $10 a pack. I used to smoke Number 7 menthols, or Peter Jackson Menthols on a regular basis, and they were around $8.50, I'd say. Way too expensive.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I used to smoke Newport, or Salem if I could'nt get the Newports. But since about two months ago, I've been making my own. Not rolling them. But making them just like a factory made cigarette, filter and all.

Costs about $1.25 a pack this way, versus almost $8.00 here in Chicago.

Of course I really want to quit, but as everyone on this thread knows, it just ain't that easy.
I make my own too for backup!!! I'm a sick puppy

Help!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
How could you make your own? I've never heard of this

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
A while back, I used to smoke these:

i guess they do like to advrtise the effects

curious to all the smokers a question

there has been some retarded law suits in the US from partners of those that died from smoking and forth,

would you sue the cigerate company if you got cancer or someother effect from it that screws ur life up?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ok, I'm gonna sound like a real whimp, but I smoke Virginia Slim Ultra Light Menthol. My husband calls them the cigarettes with little breasts on them. LOL! I used to smoke Newports, but started getting headaches and wanted to cut down so decided I'd try something lighter. Now I can smoke no other. Anything else gives me a sick stomach.

And no, I wouldn't sue the tobacco company if I or a loved one got cancer or died. I knew smoking wasn't good for me when I started. I was stupid enough all by myself to give in to peer pressure and start up.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'd sue them for making it available to people. It's rediculous cigerettes aren't all destroyed and a thing of the past. People may know the risks and start smoking, but it's still wrong. The big tobacco companys and the government are allowing people to give into peer pressure, its all a matter of time, and your then a smoking muppet filling yourselves with disgusting chemicals.

Some stranger said to me if I'd like to buy a pack of cigarettes for 4 bucks and instantly I said no, because I know better. I'm not even old enough. Pffft. Laws to restrict the young from smoking? How lame. What about second hand smoke? And for those saying they wouldn't sue them because of the risk labels. Pshh!! That's downright pathetic. Yeah, give up a fight against a mass crime. I know so. Those who think the tobacco companys are sick, why not go demolish the damn factorys. Those big bad monkeys running congress and all sitting and talking about laws to say who and who shouldnt take it is so dumb! It should be all destroyed. If I we're there in charge and it came to topic, I'd instantly deem it all illigal and all the factorys under health agency control for rehabilitation..

[edit on 25-10-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No I wouldn't sue the company either. That just wouldn't be right considering the health risks on the box. I couldn't sue anyone for anything stupid like that, to me it just means that they are lazy and to pathetic to work for their money.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Circa]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Nah, I wouldn't sue either. It's not Phillip Morris' fault I'm an idiot.

Camel lights are my favorites when I can afford them; I did the make-yer-own for a while too, nice having a carton for about $12. Right now I smoke Bronco 100's (a generic brand I've only seen here in WA. $25 a carton on the rez.)

Depending on my mood and what's going on, I'll smoke anywhere from 1-2+ packs a day. Rarely less than one or more than two, but...

Turkish Golds--I used to love those... I stopped getting those because I smoked way too many of them. Couldn't even feel them, too smooth, just lit one, finished it, wondered where the hell it went and lit another.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's gotta be Golden Virginia baccy, Rizla 'silver' papers, and topped off with a Swan extra-slim filter tip...for some reason, off-the-peg fags have me in coughing splutters if I smoke one

Anyone else have their own strange smoking rituals??

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Personally, I prefer the herbal kind.....get it?...Herbal!!

I started off smoking RYO black death cigs. I mainly did it because they were so raw and harsh that I got light headed (standard reasons for teenage smoking) but then I moved onto Newports because that's what my roommates smoked, and cartons were cheeper.

I was up to 2 packs a day before I developed a bronchial infection and quit 3 years ago. I never went back. Evil evil stick of death.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Never heard of some of these Camel brands... my interest is piqued...

That.. um.. 'left handed' / 'herbal' cigarette is by far my favorite. However, at the rate that I smoked 'em... I was broke before I knew it. *sigh* 'Twas good while it lasted...

Otherwise, I am a Kamel Red girl. Of course, I can't find them out here on the east coast, so I'm stuck with Camel Wides.

Clove cigarettes are awesome, but expensive...

And would I sue? Heck no... If I got sick from these things, it's my own fault. I knew what I was doing when I started... as a teacher from high skool put it: 'a slow, self-willed suicide'. (Besides that, if/when a nuke goes off, all the pink-lungs will be coughing... meanwhile, all us black-lungs will finally be able to quit!! *lol*)

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

:shk:

Its all i can afford.

I smoke the same thing for the same reason! I can get a carton for $23!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i only smoke socially but my favorites are camel turkish gold 100s

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow 23 dollars....a carton for me is 50....:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria
Otherwise, I am a Kamel Red girl. Of course, I can't find them out here on the east coast, so I'm stuck with Camel Wides.

A girl after my heart! My favorites are, in order of preference:
1) Kamel Red Lights
2) Kamel Reds
3) Camel Turkish Gold
...Honorable mention goes to a carton of normal Camels my mother bought for me in Italy. The Camels you get in that part of the world are 100% Turkish tobacco (not a blend like in the 'States) and they taste absolutely divine.

Oh, Kamel Reds are everywhere here in 'Jersey. I guess we are just more civilized here.

As it is, quitting is on my list of things to do. I'm on the baby steps program, stop-biting-my-nails and caffine are the top of the list. Knocked off soda, so that's good. Now I'm drinkin' coffee.. less caffine in total since it takes me forever to drink a cup. Next comes tea... (I really gotta work to aquire that taste..) Quitting anything cold turkey takes a tremendous amount of will power, determination, and self-discipline. And since I lack in all 3... I gotta take baby steps.

I quit smoking about 3 years ago but the desire is still strong mostly because I preferred to smoke cigarettes that actually had a nice taste with coffee. To this day, I crave a ciggy when I drink coffee.

I quit in one night. A friend had recommended hypnosis as it worked for him 20 years earlier and I saw an ad in the local paper for "lose weight and quit smoking..." so I figured "why not." The thing to remember is that with hypnosis no one is helping you quit - it is something you do for yourself. You have to want to quit or it will not work.

That.. um.. 'left handed' / 'herbal' cigarette is by far my favorite. However, at the rate that I smoked 'em... I was broke before I knew it. *sigh* 'Twas good while it lasted...

Mmm, is it Sci-Fi Friday yet? No?! Damn! *Jonesing*

Jon

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm just curious but i've been smoking cigs for 6.5 years and I always hear about people who can't quit, or who have quit and are always getting cravings. My question is, how long does it take for smoking to become absolutley 100% addictive? As of right now I can control how many cigarettes I have a day, and I know that I could quit cold turkey any day that I wanted to.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I am slowing realizing. "Now that I'm addicted and too lazy to quit, why not find myself a fancy brand name with the twists of smell and taste! That way I'm a bit more satisfied than with the basic death sticks I started out with."

Ahaha... Okay, I'm out of here

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join