It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The win a free laptop banner that flashes..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

they should update it and make it like "You are the 100,000,000th visitor" because ATS passed it's millionth visitor a LONG time ago.

Yup, we actually passed the two-millionth post a long time ago. I know, because I made it...

I agree those flashing ads are annoying and they should be forbidden.

Until then... :

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Flashing Ads and even flashing avatars are very distracting, when your trying to read a post.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by icyblue
Flashing Ads and even flashing avatars are very distracting, when your trying to read a post.

So are commas when they're used, incorrectly.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
"Been there done that" ........... see's banners - has seizures

And you still come here???

Ya know, it's just friggen amazing here how people can scoff at another persons misery.

No one is scoffing. I think everyone just finds it hard to beleive that you are comming to this site, and the adds, which ats doesn't pick out btw, are giving you seizures, and yet you keep coming back. I like this site, but I don't think that there's a website in the world that is seizure worthy.

Also, this is the first time you are telling anyone about this???

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's ads like those that cause me to quit coming back to this site many times. Then after a month or so, I just have to come back to see what's being talked about again.

There is another thing that can be done. If we all start clicking on that ad at least once a day without actually buying anything from them, then maybe the perpetrator of the ad will learn that his advertising is not paying off. Those ads cost him probably about $0.25 to $1.00 each time someone clicks on it. While clicking on the ad, we'd be supporting ats, so we'd be killing 2 birds with one stone.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"if you want strong, toned, tight abs, here's the clinically proven..."

geeez...seriously, who is in charge of the ads around here? This one is even worse than the f-king laptop
This kind of # is what's ruining the internet. Even worse, there's no way to turn off the damn sound. Anyone who thinks this kind of advertising helps a website is very, very wrong...it's quite effective at driving your audience away from the site though.
[/rant

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Shoktek]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I agree, these silly ads are killing the seriousness of the site.

It's a damn shame. Can't they pick out anything decent?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I guess I'm just weird because I really don't even notice them any more..

I'm usually busy reading a relevant post, responding or getting over being angry..

It's really just the top part anyway. When you get into the threads you have to scroll down which takes it out of site.

Just My Humble Opinion but they don't bother me...

Semper

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Errr.. ahhh.. hmmm..

Well I'm one of those that doesn't pay much attention to any banner regardless of where
I might be surfing... So they are not a biggie as far as I'm concerned... My attention is
drawn to them when I find the page loading slow (& I'm on a cable modem), then I simply
reload the page so it rotates to a new bannered page and I'm usually good to go...
Banners are a part of almost every website, so I just ignore them...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This reminds me of a few weeks ago my 8 year old son was on the internet looking up xbox cheat codes and a pop up came up telling him he won an xbox 360 he started yelling and screaming dad dad come here I won an xbox! I moved like on the matrix in slow motion yelling NOOOOOOOOOO don’t click in that slow motion kind of voice lol

AlBeMeT

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
There is a banner that says win a free laptop and flashes like nothing I have ever seen, it goes black and white and the text changes color at the same time. Please pull that thing before someone has a Grand mall seizure! That baby is just crazy!

Hey bro, same thing happened to me so i typed in google ''You're the 1,000,000 visitor, you've won a free laptop and your the first site that came up hahaha.

I wanted to find out if i was hacked or something...

Small world bro

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sodom

there are no ads on my computer, totally ad-free

and i don't know why...

sodom

<< 1   >>

join