It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The win a free laptop banner that flashes..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There is a banner that says win a free laptop and flashes like nothing I have ever seen, it goes black and white and the text changes color at the same time. Please pull that thing before someone has a Grand mall seizure! That baby is just crazy!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hey, I just saw it too! Turn up your monitor and its like having a strobe light in your home! Crank up the tunes and get grooving...might as well celebrate since we've all won free laptops!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That ad has been around for quite a while and it gives me a gigantic headache if I look at it for more than a few seconds.

How many laptops can they afford to give away and how many people fall for that anyway? A few and millions would be my guess.

Here it is in all the manifestions I could locate.

YOU ARE THE 1,000,000th VISITOR

[edit on 2006/10/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Could you provide a link ... I sure could use a new laptop, especially if it's FREE!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
before someone has a Grand mall seizure! That baby is just crazy!

Too late ............. been there done that.

Ain't a fun place to be - that's fer damn sure.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hey, if they're gonna run an ad like that on ATS they should update it and make it like "You are the 100,000,000th visitor" because ATS passed it's millionth visitor a LONG time ago.

I remember years ago I made a silly personal page, just to see how things worked, and being that it was hosted for free there was lots of ads. One of the first ads that came up was "you're the millionth visitor to this site!" Wouldn't that be something, a million people came to my site and one of them was going home with a free computer. Awesome!

If it was up to me I'd kill the classmates.com ads.

If I liked 'em, we stayed in touch, if I didn't like 'em I don't want them to be able to find me!

[edit on 10-22-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the delivery of 627 of them. I will gladly share them with you as soon as the FedEX man shows up.

Place your requests now.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi--

Welllll--I agree with LoneGunMan on this, The frequency certainly could cause someone to have a seizure. I can't blame Simon and ATS for using ads to pay the bandwwidth--it keeps this site available for all of us--but, maybe if a Mod could pass this on to the Powers that Be, they could get that ad banner changed to something a bit less potentially dangerous.

JMHO

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
HAHA. Yeah, someone is going to have a seizure. Whenever I look at it for a little while I get dizzy and I get a headache. LOL.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimbster
HAHA. Yeah, someone is going to have a seizure. Whenever I look at it for a little while I get dizzy and I get a headache. LOL.

You are impying that seizures are not invoked by these banners ......... do you want a friggen video of me having one from a banner?

Do you actually read a whole thread, or just the title? ......................

Originally posted by Misfit

before someone has a Grand mall seizure!

Too late ............. been there done that.

Ain't a fun place to be - that's fer damn sure.

"Been there done that" ........... see's banners - has seizures

And another ..........

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox

Welllll--I agree with LoneGunMan on this, The frequency certainly could cause someone to have a seizure.

They DO, in fact, invoke seizures.

Maybe you should read about causes and effect of flashes correlating with seizures, before attempting to make laughable a scenario that can, and often is, a nightmare from beyond hell for others.

Misfit

[edit on 22/10/06 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm waiting for the delivery of 627 of them. I will gladly share them with you as soon as the FedEX man shows up.

Place your requests now.

I need one, put me on the list.

I need a new computer since mine is three years old and slowly falling apart. The CPU keeps over heating and causing a system failure so i have to do a clean install every few weeks. Today I built an air conditioning unit the blows directly onto the CPU so maybe it will hold together just a few more months. (I am not making that up)

You see, Windows Vista comes out in January and i'll be darned if i'm going to buy a new computer now only to have to upgrade it in 90 days.

So dg, send me that laptop when it arrives.

The flashing banner is the least of my concerns

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Make the switch to apple.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
How many laptops can they afford to give away and how many people fall for that anyway? A few and millions would be my guess.

They actually only have 1 to give away, but as of yet everyone has gotten so annoyed with the ad and scrolled down so quickly that no one has clicked it yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
just out of interest, who ever clicks on adverts that you see on websites?

I find they are annoying too, but no ill effects as of yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

You have to wonder, who does click on those? The one in question though, maybe that some poor folks are having seizures and end up clicking it before they hit the floor!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
hi guys

yes its funny you should post about this ,as i visited the site earlier from work and ended up having to cover the part of the screen where the ad was.

it immediately gave me a severe headache...shocking advert !!!

as a side note: i do understand the need for ads to keep the site going.

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

You have to wonder, who does click on those? The one in question though, maybe that some poor folks are having seizures and end up clicking it before they hit the floor!

Oh Man! That was to funny, I mean yah it's mean, but Man that's funny.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ya know, it's just friggen amazing here how people can scoff at another persons misery.

Are you (you know who you are, the ones that think someone having a seizure is comical) this way in real life? Or is it just the "facelss forum syndrome" that invokes this pre-juvenille mentality?

Misfit

EDIT = Cleaned my foul mouth

[edit on 23/10/06 by Misfit]

Edn

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
God I do hate that ad, I also get a headache if i see it for to long.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Ya know, it's just fuking amazing here how people can scoff at another persons misery.

Are you (you know who you are, the ones that think someone having a seizure is comical) this way in real life? Or is it just the "facelss forum syndrome" that invokes this pre-juvenille mentality?

Misfit

My apologies I meant no offense, his particular wording was funny, I in know way think seizures are funny, and hope one day medical science can furher eliminate them for anyone that falls to them, on a lighter note.

Why get so upset over it? Does it make you feel better wasting that energy getting mad over words on the net

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join