It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush burn the Reichstag and become...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Fuhrer? Here is a snipet from a great little article.

I miss the days of smoke-filled rooms when crooked pols chose corrupt presidential candidates who were approximately sane. Today we have a sort of presidential bus-station lottery. We choose as ruler any beer-hall putz who can shake hands and grin his way successfully through New Hampshire. This, plus the deep rot of the American political framework, is allowing the rapid conversion of the United States into something previous Americans would hardly recognize.

Permit me a foray of a paragraph into psychojournalism. It fascinates me to know that George Bush was a male cheerleader at Andover. Yes, it could have been worse. He might have been a table-dancer. But most of us who were in high school when he was recognize that you either came to watch football, or you came to watch the girl cheerleaders. There was something odd about a boy who wanted to be one.

We are ruled by a male cheerleader who favors torture. I wonder what things twist in the inner fog.

Read the rest here.

I think the author makes a very good point. Please take the time to read it all before commenting. Thank you.

I hope we are not heading down this road...

[edit on 20-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good article LGM, I think going down that road is an understatement, more like flying down that road. For Bush to introduce such draconian laws and say its to stop terrorisn is a joke, it wont stop terrorists but it does give Bush absolute power to deal with the populace should they ever step out of line.

All the brain dead people who say, well if you have nothing to hide your ok, and its worth losing some freedom to stop terrorism. Even worse you have the people police, the blind patriots who cannot see throught the smoke that Bush has created. How long will it be before your spying on each other and reporting people for denouncing Bush and his actions. It wont be long and the paralles between America today and Germany of the 1930's are getting closer all the time.

The trouble is the populace are made up of 3 types of people, those who blindly follow and believe Bush, those who could not care less and the few with open minds who are trying to wake everybody else up to what Bush is up to.

We all now what happens to dictatorships, they commit mass murder and suffering but eventually they are taken down, none of this bodes well for the US and its people. I recommend you read a book called, the Nazis a warning from history by Laurence Rees, also was televised by the BBC some years back, I think you will find it very illuminating.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I recommend you read a book called, the Nazis a warning from history by Laurence Rees, also was televised by the BBC some years back, I think you will find it very illuminating.

Thank you for the tip on the book. We really are being divided up areant we?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Was Bush really a male cheerleader or are you making that up??

Honestly.. do you have proof of that claim, because if you do I would love to see it

I don't see him burning a reistag... as we don't have one?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fred Reed is actually a very interesting character, having served in Vietnam as a US Marine and later working just about everywhere as a journalist. The last I heard, Fred was living in Mexico with his Mexican girlfriend, serving up his musings on the internet and selling almost anything to make a buck. Fred is my role model.

He's a very capable writer and he is generally very entertaining. Here, however, he's pulled out every cheap shot that has been taken at George Bush over the last 35 years and reworked it into his own special melange and somehow managed to miss the fact that the GW is one of no more than a handful of people who could have possibly taken on al Qaeda and terrorists in general and made them think twice about whether or not the nation is as far gone as they thought we were on September 10, 2001.

Where will this lead? Obviously, to vastly increased police powers. But I wonder. If, down the pike, Bush announced that to protect us from terrorism he would have to postpone the presidential elections and remain in office—what would happen? Suppose he came up with a bit of supportive theater. If just before the elections something blew up, and were attributed not to the CIA but to Terrace, what then? The Reichstag has burned before. The public, the congress, the judiciary are so very, very easily manipulated. All it takes is the will to do it.

www.fredoneverything.net...

How many times this very subject been broached on ATS? Twenty? Thirty?

Does anyone really think that it's likely to happen?

Is it possible?

I don't know. Maybe, but even Fred backs down from the matter.

I do not predict that the reigning curiosity will stage a coup (which should it occur would not be a coup but “an emergency measure,” necessary to protect us from Terrace). I do say that what is happening today is unlike anything that has happened before, and that people do not always see what is coming. If you read books from the Germany of the 1930s, you will find that people were uneasy, divided, unsure of things, but had no idea just what the squatty little man with the voice had in mind for them. He just did it. The unimaginable does sometime occur. We notice only afterward.

Yes, what is happening now has never happened before, but then again, we've never faced an amorphous threat quite like this before. The thing we forget is that the threat began long before GW became president, but only now, after the worst attack ever on American soil, do we have a leader who is willing to take the steps necessary to reduce the likelihood that it will happen again.

And I say again that anyone who seriously compares GW Bush to Adolph Hitler is not to be taken seriously.

[edit on 2006/10/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think James Madison said it best...

"The executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question, whether there is or is not cause for declaring war."

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

"No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."

"Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other."

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."

"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted."

"We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties."

I think this has been a question since the inception of our country, just in the beginning it was no more than a conversation over a brew in the local pub. Now, I believe it to be an actuality in progress...

SkittlesLA

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've yet to see any valid comparisons between where we are as a nation, and the period of time when Hitler's minions burned the Reichstag, and blamed the Jews.

Oh but the Executive does have the right to decide if a declaration of war is neccesitated by events...he can't do it himself, but he makes the final call as to tne neccessity, requiring only Congressional approval.

All the other statement are only too true, that's why we as citizens of this fair nation need to be watching everything our leaders do. If we see something we don't like, gee whiz, we do something about it, like throwing the rascals out come election time. Oddly enough, there is one of those oppourtunities coming up in just a couple of weeks.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Oh but the Executive does have the right to decide if a declaration of war is neccesitated by events...he can't do it himself, but he makes the final call as to tne neccessity, requiring only Congressional approval.

I respectfully disagree, Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution clearly defines the declaration of War as the powwer of Congress...

US Constitution:
Article I
Section. 8.
Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
. . .
Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

It wasn't until 1973, and the passing of the War Powers Act, did the President have the ability to engage the militaries in any manner prior to the congress passing the bill/act that declared war. This is one of the many erosions that we are speaking to when we say that this country is going to hell in a speeding runaway hand basket...

SkittlesLA

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Seagull, You dont see any comparison betqween the Nazis and Bush & co, Hitler and many Germans were angry about the Germany was treated after ww1 and the reparation payments they had to make, and many blamed the Jews for this situation, not just Hitler. Although there appaers to be no connection there is. America is blaming the Muslims for attacks on the USA and its interests, America is worried that if Euro's insted of dollars are used for oil its economy will crash. America wants a NPAC. Hitler wanted a new Germany, one that would dominate the world, hitler wanted to spread the Germanic race and purity around the Globe. Is not America doing the same thing now.

America wants to rule the world, it wants to control the world's dwindling resources, and above all it wants to spread its way of like and belief on all peoples of the world. Conversly any who object to this are seen as anything from back stabbers through to evil regimes, BDo you remeber that lakie Powell saying that the French will pay for not backing and supporting The US over Iraq 2. Well why should they or any counry support America if its not in their best interests. And especially when American is trumpeting how powerful she is and does not need the help of others, America is bullying bribing other countries to back and help it and those that dont are blacklisted.

Grady, America has an history of backing and supporting terrorists and despot regimes, do you really believe that any intelligent person is going to believe that Al Qaeda, exists or is not a product of the CIA. ASmerica wants an excuse to wage war on the world and will stop at nothing to do so, You either support that or you dont. But either way America will loose of that I am certain, just as all others empires and would be Hitlers have lost.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Grady, America has an history of backing and supporting terrorists and despot regimes, do you really believe that any intelligent person is going to believe that Al Qaeda, exists or is not a product of the CIA. ASmerica wants an excuse to wage war on the world and will stop at nothing to do so, You either support that or you dont. But either way America will loose of that I am certain, just as all others empires and would be Hitlers have lost.

Grady do you want the United Steate to repeat history, and go down like all other empires before it?

Originally posted by seagull
I've yet to see any valid comparisons between where we are as a nation, and the period of time when Hitler's minions burned the Reichstag, and blamed the Jews.

Hitler didn’t blame the Jews for the Reichstag fire, he blamed the Polish communists. The reason the Jews were hated during WW2 was because they declared an economic war against Germany in 1933. Why has this fact been omitted from most of the history books? Every crime has a motive, and the world-wide Jewish community trying to ruin the new German economy was the motive for the atrocities against the Jewish people.

Outside source According to The Daily Express of London of March 24, 1933, the Jews had already launched their boycott against Germany and her elected government. The headline read "Judea Declares War on Germany - Jews of All the World Unite - Boycott of German Goods - Mass Demonstrations." The article described a forthcoming "holy war" and went on to implore Jews everywhere to boycott German goods and engage in mass demonstrations against German economic interests. According to the Express:
The whole of Israel throughout the world is uniting to declare an economic and financial war on Germany. The appearance of the Swastika as the symbol of the new Germany has revived the old war symbol of Judas to new life. Fourteen million Jews scattered over the entire world are tight to each other as if one man, in order to declare war against the German persecutors of their fellow believers.
The Jewish wholesaler will quit his house, the banker his stock exchange, the merchant his business, and the beggar his humble hut, in order to join the holy war against Hitler's people.
The Express said that Germany was "now confronted with an international boycott of its trade, its finances, and its industry.... In London, New York, Paris and Warsaw, Jewish businessmen are united to go on an economic crusade."
The article said "worldwide preparations are being made to organize protest demonstrations," and reported that "the old and reunited nation of Israel gets in formation with new and modern weapons to fight out its age old battle against its persecutors."

This truly could be described as "the first shot fired in the Second World War."
In a similar vein, the Jewish newspaper Natscha Retsch wrote:
The war against Germany will be waged by all Jewish communities, conferences, congresses... by every individual Jew. Thereby the war against Germany will ideologically enliven and promote our interests, which require that Germany be wholly destroyed.
The danger for us Jews lies in the whole German people, in Germany as a whole as well as individually. It must be rendered harmless for all time.... In this war we Jews have to participate, and this with all the strength and might we have at our disposal.

Learn the real history before commenting about it. Not all is as it seems...

[edit on 22-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
How many times this very subject been broached on ATS? Twenty? Thirty?
.. anyone who seriously compares GW Bush to Adolph Hitler is not to be taken seriously.

I fully agree.

All the Bush=Hitler threads were obnoxious. And frankly, if this is just another one, ya'll missed the boat. They came and went a year ago.

Comparing Bush to Hitler is an insult to Hitlers victims and their families. It's an insult to the 6 million murdered Jews; the hundreds of thousands of murdered Catholics; the tens of millions of murdered homosexuals and handicapped people. It's an insult to those who lost everything all across Europe due to war, disease, and starvation - all caused by Hitler.

Seriously .. whenever I read a Bush = Hitler thread I just want to

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

do you really believe that any intelligent person is going to believe that Al Qaeda, exists or is not a product of the CIA.

INTELLIGENT people do understand that al-qaeda exists. Terrorism is real. If you don't believe it is then I guess you slept through the USS COLE; Bali bombings; Spain train bombings; English subway bombings; 9/11; etc. etc.

Radical Islamic terrorism is very real. Coming to a street corner near you -
convert or die.

List of radical Islamic terror attacks in the past four months -
Scroll half way down -
www.thereligionofpeace.com...
(warning - contains graphic pictures)

[edit on 10/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Flyers, Of course terrorism is real nobody has claimed it isnt, but there's a difference between a terrorist group who's aims and objectives are clear and a goverment who creates their own terrorist group in order to spread fear and panic amongst its own people and for an excuse to prosecute wars on countries that were not responsible for alleged terrorist attacks. We had Irish Americans supporting the IRA so would of it been ok for the UK to bomb America, no it would not, the American goverment is corrupt, a bunch of murders and liars. There are radicals in all religions there is nothing new in this and you just sound like another brainwashed robot. If you want lists I can give you list of American and British atrocities but whats the point your not inteligent enough to understand whats going on in your own country nevermind anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
[INTELLIGENT people do understand that al-qaeda exists. Terrorism is real. If you don't believe it is then I guess you slept through the USS COLE; Bali bombings; Spain train bombings; English subway bombings; 9/11; etc. etc.

Just because it may have been created by the CIA doesn't mean that it isn't real.. Look up the definition of "create."

One of the things that get to me is the hypocrisy of all the Bush backers... GW's daddy and Rumsfeild, and that whole lot in power, created both Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Ladin.

Bush Sr. and Reagan gave Sadddam both the chemicals to create and the ordinance used to deliver the biological weapons that he used against Iran and his own people. Osama received training and guidance from "military advisers" and CIA agents in Afghanistan. These are people who they shook hands with, and partied with, and probably even bought hookers for when they secretly visited Washington.

They created these monsters, and now they American people are being asked to support wars in their countries, because Frankenstein now has turned on his maker.

The sad part is, instead of Americans being the ones to suffer from the war she is waging, we went over into their house and destroyed their housing, hospitals, schools, infrastructure, and killing their youth and causing permanent damage to the psyches of their children...

All so that "We fight them over there, instead of at home..."

Even though the president himself admits that Iraq had "Nothing!" to do with terrorist attacks on the U.S.

How would you like it if one of your parents' neighbors got into a fight with the guy that lives next to your parents house, and the two of them decided to have a brawl in the middle of your mom's flowerbeds, and then brought it in your dad's den, and through their house, killing your parents in the process? Just so that they didn't have to have the fight in their own houses? Sounds like people you really would not have a whole lot of respect for, and would like to see arrested and put in jail...

I am sure you wouldn't vote them to be mayor of your town, much less the president of your country...

In the mean time, Americans are urged to continue spending their money like it is just a huge party, not to struggle in her war. Not for any of us to have our homes or schools or hospitals bombed out...

No wonder the world hates us... You would hate anyone who did that to America, look at how you react when they hit a legitimate target like a warship.

SkittlesLA

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Hitler didn’t blame the Jews for the Reichstag fire, he blamed the Polish communists. The reason the Jews were hated during WW2 was because they declared an economic war against Germany in 1933. Why has this fact been omitted from most of the history books? Every crime has a motive, and the world-wide Jewish community trying to ruin the new German economy was the motive for the atrocities against the Jewish people.
[edit on 22-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

Congratulations, you just fell for the biggest pile of rubbish ever. This is a load of arrant nonsense, published in one of the worst papers in Britain at that time. It was owned by Lord Beaverbrook, who was not a very nice man and who would jump on bandwagons like buses.
Can I remind people how anti-semitic people could be at times? The headline has been omitted from history because it is a load of complete tosh.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind

Congratulations, you just fell for the biggest pile of rubbish ever. This is a load of arrant nonsense, published in one of the worst papers in Britain at that time. It was owned by Lord Beaverbrook, who was not a very nice man and who would jump on bandwagons like buses.
Can I remind people how anti-semitic people could be at times? The headline has been omitted from history because it is a load of complete tosh.

That paper was not where I had first heard of the boycott of German goods. That was just a quick google search. Are you claiming there was not a boycott of German goods, and that Adolf used fear to send them down the darkpath, because of one mans Darkmind? No pun intended, Darkmind!

We are having fear used on us to go down the darkpath, but our leaders Darkmind is do to low wattage. Ours is led by what we should call "The Dim-mind" Bush he should wear a Darth Vadar helmet, acually he should where that big bucket that Darkhelmet used in the movie spaceballs. In fact you could use a Darkhelmet to protect your Darkmind. Again no pun intended!

See you in the funny papers!

top topics

join