It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Clinton? Depends on meaning of 'elected'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Scary to think that we could be under a vague form of a monarchy.
4 Years of George Bush (1)
8 years of Bill Clinton
8 years of George Bush(2)
? years of Hillary/Bill Clinton

I find that to be a bit disturbing,but it could happen according to this.

(MSNBC)-WASHINGTON - The prospective presidential candidacy of Hillary Rodham Clinton has given rise to plenty of speculation about the notion of Bill Clinton as the nation's first gentleman. But what about another role? How about, say, vice president?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Congress and the states added the 22nd Amendment in 1951 to prevent anyone from following the example of Franklin D. Roosevelt, who won four terms. That's where things get dicey. "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice," the 22nd Amendment says.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

"In preventing individuals from being elected to the presidency more than twice, the amendment does not preclude a former president from again assuming the presidency by means other than election, including succession from the vice presidency," they wrote. "If this view is correct, then Clinton is not 'constitutionally ineligible to the office of president,' and is not barred by the 12th Amendment from being elected vice president".
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Others share that opinion. Three former White House lawyers consulted by The Washington Post (two who served President Bush and one who served Clinton) agreed that the amendment would not bar Clinton from the vice presidency. A federal judge, who noted that he has "no views on the matter," said the plain language of the amendment would seem to allow Clinton to "become president through succession."
www.msnbc.msn.com...

One constitutional lawyer not heard from on the issue is William Jefferson Clinton, Yale Law class of 1973. But he has offered thoughts on the 22nd Amendment. Before leaving office and again in 2003, he suggested amending the amendment to let a two-term president leave office and then run again: "Since people are living much longer . . . the 22nd Amendment should probably be modified to say two consecutive terms instead of two terms for a lifetime".
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Now, who might he have had in mind?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
it all depends on how royal your blood is!

I read somewhere that Hillary has always yealded more power than bill,shes apparently higher in the masons than he is.

Got to be one of the few professions where no quailfications r needed,and ur heritage helps,

i just hope u guys dont then elect jeb,my god that would be like admitting that the same cpl of hundered families have been controling the plannet for eons.

This is one of those things i try explaining to people and they dont see it evan with hard factual evidence

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Which means that if we held honest elections ...

George Bush could become president no one more time but two?

What am I thinking?

new topics

join