It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Middle East War - Jerusalem Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Jerusalem Post Story

This news article is from the Jerusalem Post. It makes the case for a full war in the Middle East in the next days or weeks ... or perhaps a bit longer (they say). From Syria; to Hezbollah; to Iran; to Hamas; they make their case that full scale war WILL happen sooner rather than later.

Frankly, I believe we are already in a world war. It's mostly a shadow war at the moment but I do believe it will soon leave the shadows and be out in the open for all to see and to exprieence, no longer by proxy, but first hand.

Read the Jerusalem Post article. See what you think. Are they correct? They say a full Middle East war will explode in the coming weeks ... I believe the world war that we are in will leave the shadows for all to see, but it will not be until after the 2008 US presidential elections. That's just a feeling.

I say we are in a world shadow war because I believe the politicians and the powers behind the world economics are waging wars that, for the most part, the world is blind to.

Jerusalem Post Story

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think the article could be absolutely spot on - there could easily be a huge war in the ME soon. It's always been a powder keg in that region anyway, but now throw in Iran's "flamboyant" leader and their nuclear ambitions (whatever they may be - they're unacceptable to Israel...) and it could all kick off for sure.

I think almost certainly Israel will bomb Iran within the next few months. They're probably trying to get the US to do it right now, but the US has to play the diplomatic card for the time being. I think maybe if the UNSC don't come to some agreement on tough action against Iran (like they did with NK) then Israel will decide to take matters into their own hands.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The storm clouds have been gathering for quite a while now, I personally see nothing else in the future but War in the Middle East.
And I still cant help thinking that the US attacked the wrong country, Iraq was never the real danger ....... it was Iran and North Korea who where the real threat to world peace, but for some reason the US attacked Iraq on the flimsiest evidence that they were holding ready to use WMD.
And now we find ourselves with the real possibility of a War in the ME and our forces (US and UK) are sorely pressed preventing all out civil war in Iraq.
The Iranian Prime minister is aware of that fact as well as we are and sooner or later either Israel will strike the Iranians ability to produce WMD or the Iranians will take advantage of the situation in Iraq and strike Israel.
My gut tells me that the Iranians are waiting for the inevitable Civil War in Iraq to escalate, as we are seeing in the southern areas of Iraq now. Once that Civil War spreads, and it will spread, then they will make their move. That is of course if the Israelis don’t make a pre emptive strike first.
Either way we will be in a world of hurt.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There has always been war in the Mid East, always will be and has been that way since before Biblical times, just ask God.

Hmm, so what else could be expected?

Give them what they want, and it is not good enough, can not make every one happy all the time. They have to want change for change to occur.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well if Israel controls the US and they are asking for a war in Jerusalem and the London Bankers can profit handsomely from it then it is likely to happen.

Thank god I'm too old for the draft.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lets never forget to put article contributors in their true perspective:

Michel Freund is not only a journo for the Jerusalem Post but he was also the founder of an organisation called:

Shavei Israel

He is certainly a mouthpiece for orthodox Judaism and the diaspora.

Another separtist acting out of fear and ignorance!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpiomoon
Shavei Israel
He is certainly a mouthpiece for orthodox Judaism and the diaspora.

Another separtist acting out of fear and ignorance!!!

Uh so you agree or not that there is going to be a war because people in Israel want it? I think it is a done deal because these guys seem to get what they want most of the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Its in their interests to get rid of the Iranians. They are training the Kurds in Iraq and preparing to get the old pipeline that ran pre-1948 from Mosul, Iraq to Haifa once again. Once they can cut the Iranians out, they can dump the Russians as their suppliers and offer Oil to the EU states cutting out Iran , since of course Iran will be busy getting the hell beat out of them. The pipeline was taken down and redirected to Syria after Israel became a state. It once ran from Mosul to what was Palestine. Its all about the Money and power.

Did you know that the USA stocks a Strategic Oil Reserve for Israel which costs the American taxpayer about 3Billion per year? (Thats on top of the 3Bil in aid and 2-3Bil in military aid) Even if we have a domestic oil shortage we still must hold oil for Israel. The figure of 3Bil given was from 2002. I can imagine with oil prices being so high now how much it will be equal to. All of this money never to be repaid. We could all live wonderfully had this money stayed here in the USA instead of going to countries like Israel and Egypt.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Gee, another war in the middle east, who would have thought such a thing possible.

Regardless of who wins it will change nothing. The hate will continue, the losing side will smolder as an unkempt fire until they find a way to start the next war.

If we could only find a power source more plentiful than oil the middle east would become irrellevent. Then they could fight until they became sick of fighting, and decided peace was a better path.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Jerusalem Post is the best way to get a 'feel' for what's going on in the region. I carry it on my home page right beside the Globe and Mail, Toronto Star and The New York Times.

Just reading through the headlines every day shows me that things are getting precipitous. Hamas and Hizbollah re-arming, Iran and Syria sabre rattling, possible shipments from N Korea, crazy rhetoric from the leaders of surrounding countries and on top of all that, a shaky scandal ridden Isreali government on the verge of melt-down after what is surely failure in the 'summer war' with Hizbollah in Lebanon. This will only embolden Hamas and Hizbollah to pressure the border areas.

IMHO, it does not look good.

All the more reason to keep a watchful eye on the Jerusalem Post.
~~~~~~~~~~
spelling edit

[edit on 20-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
and on top of all that, a shaky scandal ridden Isreali government on the verge of melt-down after what is surely failure in the 'summer war' with Hizbollah in Lebanon. This will only embolden Hamas and Hizbollah to pressure the border areas.

IMHO, it does not look good.

All the more reason to keep a watchful eye on the Jerusalem Post.

They are also refusing to leave lebanon and are holding a lebanese village, and on top of that, they have been killing palestinians on a daily basis since the very days that started the whole mess on the beach. Civilians are being killed on a daily basis in Palestine. Not to mention the expansion of settlements into Palestinian territories. Do you think that these actions are also enraging the neighboring countries?

Pie

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I also think the jerusalem post has the pulse of the region,Masqua.Aside from the rate at which israels foes are arming themselves i find ahmadindjad statements about god promising them victory chilling.All the pawns are in place.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

by ThePieMan
Do you think that these actions are also enraging the neighboring countries?

No doubt...Hamas seems to be firing mortars into Isreal regularly. Personally, I don't think it's about governments in the region anymore... it's about militias forcing the hands of those various governments. The ME is a hornets nest and there's always somebody poking away at it.

by Xfile
i find ahmadindjad statements about god promising them victory chilling.All the pawns are in place.

Yes, and telling Europe they will pay a penalty as well.

This bothers me for sure. I think he senses a 'loss of control' building for a number of reasons...

-The fact that N Korea seems to be getting away with that nuclear detonation is probably influencing Iran to go ahead with what they're planning to do with their enriched uranium.

-The Iraq war is getting bogged down with a growing insurgency and having to deal with what looks close to civil war.

-The problems the Bush administration is having at home.

-The Taliban getting stronger in Afghanistan, causing the forces there now to ask for help which may not be forthcoming.

-The UN going through changes with Annan being replaced by a S. Korean

Eyes are turning away to deal with other concerns.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If we could only find a power source more plentiful than oil the middle east would become irrellevent. Then they could fight until they became sick of fighting, and decided peace was a better path.

.... or they would fight until they were all dead. Either way .. if we didn't have interests in the area it would mean we could all step back and let them have at it, perhaps once and for all! Thousands upon thousands of years of slaughter over there, and yet they still haven't learned a darn thing.

Seriously, I fully agree with you. If oil wasn't an issue the only thing left would be terrorists being exported from that area. But without oil money backing them, it would definately be much harder for them to finance themselves and to get around.

edited for spelling

[edit on 10/21/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted by Janus
And I still cant help thinking that the US attacked the wrong country, Iraq was never the real danger .......

Agreed, but Iraq is right smack in the middle of the problemed area. When war does break out, it will be a good staging ground for the hundreds of thousands of recently drafted Americans that will be needed to take total control of the region!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Did you know that the USA stocks a Strategic Oil Reserve for Israel which costs the American taxpayer about 3Billion per year? (Thats on top of the 3Bil in aid and 2-3Bil in military aid) Even if we have a domestic oil shortage we still must hold oil for Israel. The figure of 3Bil given was from 2002. I can imagine with oil prices being so high now how much it will be equal to. All of this money never to be repaid. We could all live wonderfully had this money stayed here in the USA instead of going to countries like Israel and Egypt.

One more reason for the Russians to hate the US. When people first started getting suspicious about a World War I didn't think much of it, but as tensions increase and obvious signs appear I am starting to suspect myself now.

top topics

join