It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China ready to combat N. Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
While they had a special envoy to talk to Kim Jung-Il yeasterday, they also had a anti-terror excercise:

Chinese police, armed police and People's Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers conducted a joint anti-terror exercise in China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Oct. 17-19, 2006. More than 2,700 troops from different divisions took part in the three-day drill in Baotou, a major industrial city of China. The drill was designed to "deal with real threats". english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Maybe not large-scale but significant nevertheless.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think little kimmy got the message loud and clear from China.

NO MORE TESTS!! NO MORE UPSETTING BALENCE OF POWER!!! OR ELSE!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't think that the Chinese envoy put it quite like that.

After all Kim is a little upstart who seems to just love causing global problems.

I believe that he was paid off by china in some way or other. Perhaps they even agreed a nuclear package that the UN are not aware of.

In fact I seem to remember that a lot of US nuclear secrets were stolen by the Chinese a few years back. For all we know China could have given those secrets to NK for a back down.

I think Kim will sound the war bell again soon enough, when he thinks it will suit him.

Though this incident has made him look like a complete JOKE to the rest of the world.

Awe should drop some info on the populace of NK about the truth of what happened and let his people have a good laugh at him. maybe then someone may have the courage to stand up to Kim and put him where he belongs... in a mental institute.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i think NK has what it wants!! they have the info of the first nuke so they know how it works. So maybe they don't need 2 do some more !

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought that china and Russia had taken a stand with North Korea like they did with Iran. They were against imposing sanctions, especially because North Korea is considering a sanction an act of war.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They haven't "taken a stand" with NK... they just dont' want the situation to escalate.

If there were sanctions against North Korea, which nation (other than NK) would you think will be hit the hardest? The U.S.?

MILLIONs of NK refugees will be flooding into China okay? Obviously, that's why doesn't China want extreme sanctions.

China, above any other nation, would not want nukes in NK, especially with a chance that SK would go building up nukes as well as a counter-measure.

top topics

join