It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Deploys aircraft to Monitor NK ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It would appear that Russia may be somewhat concerned over recent NK Nuclear tests. They have now deployed A-50 aircraft (the Equivalent of US AWACS) just to monitor the activities in NK.

ZEE News.com

Amid reports of more possible nuclear tests by Pyongyang regime, Russia has deployed surveillance aircraft to monitor North Korean territory, a top air force official said on Thursday.

"We have A-50 aircraft, which fulfil the same function as American Air-borne Warning and Control System (AWACS). Today, we can track all targets from zero to 40,000 metres," Russian Air Chief Gen Vladimir Mikhailov said.

He was responding to a question whether Russia was monitoring North Korea in the wake of October 9 nuclear test by the communist regime.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Soory I know very little as to how authentic or trustworthy Zee News is, but that is what they are claiming.

I do however wonder if perhaps Russia may be working behind the scenes with the US?

[edit on 10/20/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm sure Russia is concerned about what crazy Kim is doing as much as we are. An astray missile with a nuclear warhead could easily go from NK into their territory, or a successful nuclear attack by NK on Japan, SK, Taiwan, Australia, or other U.S. allied countries could cause a U.S. nuclear response to the DPRK right on their border.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Oh thats right I forgot and actually had to look on a map to check. Stupid me was thinking it was only China

That also brings up a question that makes me wonder if China has similar aircraft to use since their border is so huge??

[edit on 10/20/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am not sure if China has that kind of craft.

What I do know is that they don't need it for NK.

After high level people from China came and talked too little kimmy, he is now apologizing about it.

I think China had a VERY serious sit down and they talk and he listens meeting.

As for Russia, I think it very wise move, all things considered; frankly, Russia is another country on his boarder who he REALLY does not want to "piss-off".

I think things will cool off for a little while ....in a relative sence-of course.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wouldnt you be worried if you had a madman in your backyard with nukes?Im just surprised russia didnt start recon sooner.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If any missiles would ever be launched directly from North Korea towards the US (as silly and unimaginable as this presumption is), they would have to fly over Russia's Sakhalin Island. This is hardly something Russia would be thrilled about. In fact Putin has voiced this concern to the US. Now North Korea would have to be completely insane to do something like this (even if the missile has no payload). Complete severance of relations with Russia is out of the question for Kim, as his regime has few "friends" as it is.

However the reason that Russia is giving the US a hard time about sanctions against NK in the UN, has nothing to do with its support for NK. It has more to do with political differences between the two elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well if it were up to me i'd tell china to also produce a similar craft to keep them and any other allied country in the know on what NK is crafting.

top topics

join