It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWOL Bag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
U need a billfold with 2 forms of ID money and credit card also phone numbers and location of freinds that can help you.
I also have silver coins in my pack its called junksilver coins.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What about the actual *bag* itself? It would have to be something with an internal frame, big enough to carry a lot of stuff. I'd recommend a 64 pattern jump rucksack with CF valise on top. Trust me- very comfortable, as far as these things go. What would you recommend?

DE

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I would probably have to throw some fishing supplies on the old list and in lieu of carrying large rope I would cary Parachute cord. Parachute is very strong, compactable, and light weight.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
SAS survival guide , excellent book

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It's a long post BTW as I'll be rambling on about some of the stuff.

This is UK spec (the only one so far?) so no 'firearms' I'm afraid.

For the survivalist gurus out there (and I make no pretense about being a guru) please bear with me as this will probably be the nth time you've read one. Please feel free to make suggestions, criticism and improvements.

About 8-12 days worth of food - Boil-in-the-bag Military Rations. Electrolyte sachetes. Big bag of Ready-Brek (finely-ground oats).
Food really is the biggie here, we all know that hunger makes us do crazy things. So having a good staple of food to get to your first cache, fortress or gathering place is. Also wise is to have food that can be consumed safely without heating. With the oats you just add water and your stomachs a happy buzzball

Small self sparking stove and gas canister
Solar panel with charging kit.
GPS
Torch
CS Gas
Survival Kit (in Tobacco Tin) along with lighter and matches.
Within SK Small Swiss Army Knife, Magnesium fire-starter block, fishing line, needle and thread, normal and waterproof matches, scalpel blades for gutting and skinning small game and Condom.

First Aid Kit
Change of clothes in waterproof bag.
Boots Combat Assault (steel toe). I'll likely be grabbing the BOB with no time to put em on so I'll don 'em later instead

Kukri - A behemoth of a blade, too small to be a sword, too large to be a knife. Not sharp and bloody heavy, but I know it'll parry well, chop aside foiliage and deliver a deadly blow. I hope I'll never have to use it in anger, as if it comes to that I'm already at last chance saloon.

Fairbourne Sykes Dagger - The Kukri, being too big and not sharp enough for gutting and fine cutting, is where the FSD comes in.

Catapult & 50 BBs.

Side Compartments - Wash and shave kit - Yes, I know it saves time and effort by not washing and shaving but turning into Grizzly Adams isn't that wise when people will (in my opinion) be more trusting of a clean shaven dude. It could be just me and my army habit but I think clean-shaven implies a standard you have for yourself, that civilization hasn't been totally abandoned.
Hand warmer with charcoal sticks,
Spare batterys (rechargeables and non re)
Space blanket
2 x Chem lights
Tiny sleeping bag the ones that compress small
Water purification tablets. (probably the iodine type!)
Talc - Keep those feet looked after!
Vick Vapour Rub - This is probably one of the items you'll be scratching your heads at. One thing few people have even touched so far on here is the stench that will accompany SitX. Just imagine corpses and refuse all over the place and you'll know the smell will be awful. Even out in the country rotting vegetation and manure can be a pain in the nose.
Rub some Vick under your nostrils... happy days

Wet Wipes.

This is a Concealed Douments Holster I bought over in Germany, some of you may of seen similar ones around - It'll hold notes, gold and silver coins and a passport and cash. Worn under your clothes, that way if you have to ditch your BOB or, worse yet, hand it over at least you'll not be totally without barter supplies (unless you get frisked or stripped).

Consider stitching some coins into your bail-out clothing.

Stuff I need to get / Will be carrying

Crossbow + sling and bolts.
Mask/Respirator (if appropriate)

The whole thing - Excluding crossbow and ammo is about 25 pounds (12 kilos).

This really is the most I'd be comfortable humping and dumping about with.
I think for anyone if they can't run for any length of time (at least 20 minutes) carrying a weapon, ammo and BOB will need luck and divine providence to be safe in

[edit on 15-5-2008 by WatchRider]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just made some more additions to the good ole' BOB!

The New knife (replacing the Fairburn Sykes Knife)

Finally got my GPS back from my Bro in Iraq

A cheap but cheerful pocket TV. Not every SitX means the TV stations will stop broadcasting! It'll be good for morale to see something going on out there and see the news too

[edit on 5-8-2008 by WatchRider]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join