It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of U.S Troops called security risks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So its come to this now.
Our own troops are now being considered "security risks" due to a lack of money.
So these brave men and women only risk their lives for money?So if theres a problem with pay,they can be bought or bribed?This is an insult to those who served.Our troops have been essentialy labled as "mercinaries" by its own government,right?I always thought those who joined,did it for what they believed in,and to serve their country,but apparently,our goverment dosent see it that way.If theres no many,according to them,our troops would be bought.

(MSNBC)-Thousands are so mired they're considered at risk for bribery, espionage
www.msnbc.msn.com...

SAN DIEGO - Thousands of U.S. troops are being barred from overseas duty because they are so deep in debt they are considered security risks, according to an Associated Press review of military records.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

More than 6,300 troops in the three branches lost their clearances during that four-year period. Roughly 900,000 people are serving in the three branches, though not all need clearances.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Pentagon contends financial problems can distract personnel from their duties or make them vulnerable to bribery and treason. As a result, those who fall heavily into debt can be stripped of the security clearances they need to go overseas.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I always thought those who joined,did it for what they believed in,and to serve their country,but apparently,our goverment dosent see it that way.

I'm not American but I thought that a lot of people joined to get into college and a chance to better themself. That's what I have heard from a few "horses mouths"

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Off topic.

I didn't get a security clearance to work at Quantico a few years ago because of my financial problems. Although I got clearance to work at Andrew's Airforce Base right after September 11th?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with denying security clearances to those who are deep in debt.

Having that much debt over your head provides leverage to anyone looking to exploit you.

They should count themselves lucky that they're not going to find themselves in the line of fire, in addition to be being poor.

Seriously...

What's the problem?

Somebody tells you that you don't have to get shot at this year, and this is a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
money problems.....that might just be one, convienent excuse the military gives
(call it a cover-story, if you wish)

there's also the problem of a growing number of the volunteers are actually Active & Entrusted/Involved gang members,
-> the gangs are infiltrating the military for any number of reasons...

i've read that MS-13 is the main cause of concern for the military brass to worry about

I really doesn't matter if one is denied a security clearance,
the data base of one's fingerprints & the DD-Forms a soldier is required to fill out, gives the intell agencies more than enough info...so not awarding a 'secret' clearance isn't all that important to the recruits who are only interested in serving their first & only enlistment.

new topics

top topics

join