It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progress For America "War On Terror" Ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Neo-cons are pulling out all the stops. Even though they know Iraq had nothing to do with 911 they still mention it. People will fall for this.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-10-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Of course they will. Isn't something like 80% of our soldiers in Iraq think they are there because Saddam had something to do with 9/11? I remember some poll about something like that.

Also, remember that most of America is uneducated. Something to think about.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Most of America is uneducated? Nice, then why the hell should they be allowed to vote? We surely would not want uneducated people voting for a republican, so I guess only the uneducated will vote democrat. Is that what you are saying....

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Progress for America, Inc. ("PFA") is an issue advocacy/grassroots organization committed to representing a diverse coalition of concerned citizens, businesses, nonprofit organizations and community leaders who promote public policies that improve the lives of every American.

As a nonprofit corporation and exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, PFA promotes nonpartisan, conservative policies that improve the quality of life for the American people.

Our efforts are designed to enhance the general public’s knowledge about issues of importance to the country.

PFA does not support or oppose candidates and does not engage in Federal election activities.

This is milder than what the Truth for 9/11 people preach. There is nothing in that ad that is a lie, so why knock it?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Also, Americans have been programed from an early age to worship and never question authority figures. And If you do, you are considered a trouble maker and will be dealt with accordingly.

Educated or uneducated; it makes no difference if you are ignorant anyway.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!!!!

If voting really made any difference; it would be illegal.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Did a little digging

Progress for America, a "friends of the party" organization "operated by Tony Feather, the former political director of Bush-Cheney 2000 and a close friend of White House political adviser Karl Rove, is described by some Republicans as a new group dedicated to corralling outlawed party soft money," Steve Weismann, Associate Director for Policy at The Campaign Finance Institute wrote (www.cfinst.org...) January 28, 2003.

Feather told the Washington Post in August 2002 that PFA was simply a vehicle for building grassroots support for Bush administration policies. "Many other Republicans, however, describe it as the first organization designed to capture some of the soft money that the political parties will be barred from accepting after November 6," wrote (www.washingtonpost.com...) the Post’s Thomas B. Edsall.

Source

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
E71, Nothing in that ad that is a lie, Hmm I think thats quite debatable dont you. Where are the proofs. I dont mean the planted evidence to con people such as yourself but the real evidence, the enquiry, the court cases, where is all this proof. Why did Bush block any move as to what really happened on 9/11. Why did he and His Goverment say that anybody questioning the official view was not a patriot, Why are so many people suspicious of the official story and why are people such as yourself incapable of thinking maybe just maybe the Goverment could be lying, covering up the truth.

In the UK we ahd 30 years of IRA terrorism, the Govermnet did not need to lie or plot or cover up because we had bombs going off and killing every day of the week. That was real terrorism not some Goverment cooked up murder scheme to provoke wars abroad and lead the people buy the nose into those wars. Thinking your Goverment may be guilty of wrongdoing is not being unpatriotic, the people should always question their Goverments.

You do not owe them anything, they are there at the peoples request, they are public servants nothing more. Would you let a servant rule your life and tell you waht to do, no I dont think so, so why are you swallowing the crap that Bush and Co spout out. Are you not a free thinking individual with a brain in your head. Sometimes adults need to be like children, you know the time when they question everything and ask why.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am not swallowing anything, I am just not questioning the fact that the WTC was bombed and attacked by planes, that the US embassises abroad were hit, and that the USS Cole was bombed. That is what is stated in the commercial.

Who are you to say that I have not or do not question the government? because i agree with what you call a neocon agenda commercial. I think the ban on stem cell research is wrong and also his foriegn policy is not perfect, however his administration is working hard to prevent another terror attack. Clinton and his democratic policies did nothing from 93 to 2000 short of bombing the hell out of Serbia and Iraq, and only once taking a shot at Bin Laden.

I am a free thinking individual, and not a sheep. It is not to nice to brand someone based on their beliefs, it is called prejudice. I learned in these forums that not every liberal likes Clinton, and not every conservative votes Bush.

Side note- The IRA situation was a little different, and there was plenty of murder to provoke wars in your own homeland by the British government, only it was Irishmen they were killing because of religious beliefs. They bought a war to their own homeland, and paid dearly for it. I am glad that it is not at the escalated point it was once at.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Most of America is uneducated? Nice, then why the hell should they be allowed to vote? We surely would not want uneducated people voting for a republican, so I guess only the uneducated will vote democrat. Is that what you are saying....

I think when we'll kick out the government from there, we must do something to avoid a reprise. So people would need to be educated to a certain level to vote. But everyone must have free education.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I totally agree that eeryone should have a free education. Maybe cut 3 new F-22's from the budget and send a couple hundred thousand kids to college.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
E71 I know your not qestioning the wtc etc. was bombed its about who you believe was responsible. And how can Bush be working hard to prevent terror attacks when his very actions are making Americans more of a target, fighting fire with fire, yes we all get burnt.
And on education it would be silly to say Americans are not educated but Iwould not pick a man to be president of a superpower who did not even have a passport or could not have pointed to Iraq on a map of the world. This was the same man who was telling the world that Iraq was behind 9/11 and then stated recently that the invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror. You may be smart but your president is not.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Never said he was a genius, so you got me
However, no matter who the president would be right now, even if it were Kerry, it would not change the state of world affairs in my opinion. It is not the president that the terrorists hate, it is ideology of the West and the purging of resources and waste.

Clinton didn nothing to provoke the 93 WTC bombing, and 9/11 was planned during his administration. It is the West they hate.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
E71, Have you ever asked yourself why we are hated so much, is it just a clash of ideal's or is it something deeper. Dont black people hate the white man for what we did to them, its hard to make friends with people that in your past history have persecuted. During the British Empire we killed and enslaved millions, we robbed them, we forced our ways and religion on them and eventually they got rid of us. Many still hate the British for what they did but time has moved on. What American is doing is really no different than what we did, but the people your Goverment wishes to enslave can and will fight back just as they did with us, the difference is they can reach you and attack your country.

When embarking on wars of imperialism one has to make sure that you have the means and willpower to do it. Many think the Americans are not up to it, they point to Vietnam and say there was a piss poor country that beat a superpower. Iraq is turning into another Vietnam, forces may have to be kept there till 2010. Many soldiers are loosing thier lives and many more will. Will it make America any safer, no not really. But the people who fuel these wars, they are nice and safe they wont be dying they send the cannon fodder off to die for them and tell you its for freedom and liberty. Well if they introduce the draft and you are of the right age then you to will be asked to give your life for the rich and the politicians, just as young Muslim men are told by their fanatics its good to die for your cause. Well not me, life is for the living, and the glorious dead, well there dead end of story.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
These are just propaganda attempts by the republican party...just like the swiftboat campaign. You have this War On Terror, you have the Vietnamese Politician in California sending out threatening letters to Latinos and recentlly a newer campaign directed towards Black voters which was a total flop and will backfire on them as well.

"If you make a little mistake with one of your ‘hos,' you'll want to dispose of that problem tout suite, no questions asked," one of the men says.

"That's too cold. I don't snuff my own seed," the other replies.

"Maybe you do have a reason to vote Republican," the first man says.

www.nysun.com...

I'm not much for the NYsun as a source but they were the ones to break the story. Many blogs and even Keith Olberman of MSNBC did a story on this. Its attrocious.

Pie

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That ad is correct in everything it mentions. It's too bad people would rather cater to terrorist agendas than the future prospects of America. I give a huge thanks to this administration for standing up to them.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes the propaganda has to keep on going, after all our own government thinks that most Americans are grade school children that can get very impressed with visual pictures and music.

It works before, it fool me once it fool me twice and but the third time I have learned my lesson.

At least I hope that intelligent Americans has learned the lessons.

Never trust the government.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I see we are back to the good old Lyndon Johnson era with an advertising campaign to rival the infamous `Daisy` commercial.

These are the stakes! To make a world in which all of God's children can live, or to go into the dark. We must either love each other, or we must die.

Vote for President Johnson on November 3. The stakes are too high for you to stay home!!!

There is another fear mongering commercial on the official Republican National Committee website, which is scheduled to run on the national news networks.

www.rnc.org...

This style of propaganda certainly gives the impression that they are insinuating it's either Bush or the bomb!

[edit on 21/10/06 by shanti23]

BPI

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
marg6043 I believe the actual saying goes: fool me once...uhm...shame on, shame on you......uhm... fool me....cant get fooled again.

What is funny about these ads is that they show they complete failure of the republican administration. They can only show these people because a failure to capture or kill them. I was under the impression they hate us because we are over there on their land. After all, that is alledgedly why Bin Laden declared the jihad on America. How does killing and wounding more and more innocent people make us safer? They are only breeding another generation of hatred. If you are a child in the Middle East and American bombs kill your parents, are you going to like America? Or are you going to try to avenge their deaths? If these people are dedicated to killing Americans then why did we basically stop the war where they were and invade a place where they weren't. Al-Queda had no prescence in Iraq before we invaded, but after we invaded they are all over Iraq. After 9/11, we were told that Al-Queda wasn't a huge organization, but they were spread out. Now after 5 years of killing, they are still around. So who have we been killing for the last 5 years?

I have an idea. If these people are trying to kill us by orchestrated another huge terror plan, we should probably commit ourselves to capturing them, rather than focusing on where they arent such as Iraq and Iran. We had only one job after 9/11 and it was to capture Osama Bin Laden. And 5 years later he is being featured in republican ads plotting more attacks. And somehow this is supposed to be a reason to vote for the republicans? Most peculiar.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good PR tricks used in that video though.

It's about survival from now on.

new topics

top topics

join