It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book of the shadows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Myth? type in 'necromancy' into google and look it up. is that just a reprint. actualy just click the link LINK

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What exactly is the question? I don't understand. The link you provided is an online version of a book which was "reprinted" in 1960 but was "first printed" in 1920. Because it was first printed in 1920 it doesn't have any copyright restrictions anymore. sacred-texts.com - the site that hosts the book is an archive of old texts.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Sorry, accidental post on wrong thread. Won't happen again.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Necromancy - divination with dead spirits....

But divination with a (THE) living spirit is true divination and prophecy...

And what most don't realize is that our world (present age) IS the world of shadows - humanity has spent a season in a dead state of existence, in sheol (the grave)...

So all the so-called religions and stuff that man makes up (which is always seeded with some bit of the real truth from the living God) is necromancy...when we talk to each other we are being necromancers, of a sort - because if our spirit is still dead - then we are dead!

I know it sounds trippy, but think about it.....

Are you alive or dead?

Only after being revived does one realize they were dead...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You missed label it Book of shadows is nothing more than a magi's personal journal.There are many book of shadows.Try looking at something else other than necromancy.Try just magic.Beside's what is the topic?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yeah, seriously what is the question here? There is no one book of shadows, it's different for every person that has one. Are you asking if the link is a real book of shadows? Please go into more detail.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Not only that, but the method of the magickal rites talked about are total bunk. I know of no magickal system that invokes the names of God. Also drawing a circle is used for many reasons, most of them for good.
Every mage has a Book of Shadows, a record of their rituals, etc. So what has this link to do with a B.O.S.?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My favorite magick book is ALIVE and written by Solomon.

Love
Love
Love

That's the incantation.

Works, too - makes dead men COME alive.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Every mage has a Book of Shadows, a record of their rituals,

Not just rituals either. I would be willing to bet that every woman on this site and
many if not most of the men here have at least one collection of writings that could
be classified as a " Book of Shadows", other than the obvious writings of belief and faith.

How about that collection of "Old Family Recipies"? You know the "feel good " ones.
Moms chicken/turkey/vegetable soup.
Aunt Millies sweet corn bread
Great Grammas Johnny cakes
Granddad's meatloaf
somebodyelses potato salad
Dads favorite cake.

The list you keep of your favorite herbs and botanicals, how to grow,dry, and use
them for different things.
how you combine them for different flavors and effects.

your list of favorite "flavored coffees" and herb/botanical teas".

Your list of prefered Hops, grains, Seasonal flavors when making beer, wine, and
Liquers.
Your particular "system" for picking a team, playing the ponies, poker,blackjack or slots.

Your favorite clothes, accessories, lucky keychain, all of the other " good luck" things
we do or wear.

Instructions for preparation of certain meals IE: this ingrediant must be added before
this other one or it changes something.

The various "operators Manuals" we use for this and that and the other thing.

Yep all of the above are " Book's of Shadows"

You can find a " book of shadows" on most any website. They are usually called
How To's or FAQS.

Auto Repair manuals are Books of Shadows for cracking the mysteries of how
automobiles operate. ( if you believe there is no magick in the world, explain how
one mechanic of the "old school" can correctly diagnose and repair a problem that
is a mystery to several " factory trained" mechanics cannot even find. Or how
the "old " guy can repair that persistant problem for 5.00 when the dealer says
it will cost a minimum of 3.000.

Yep the old guy has a book of shadows of thing like When this happens on this type
vehicle, do this.

Books of Shadows are everywhere in every facet of life. Think about the IT guy
that can fix anything with a couple keystrokes , but you couldnt do it in half a day.

we all have our Book of Shadows of one kind or another.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What a GREAT post, Greywolf!

You have voted greywolf1 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Great post Greywolf! Yes, I had forgotten to include all the other things you mentioned. Thanks for bringing that up!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Most of the material out there doesnt do, what it claims to do.
They are weak sign post pointing to a greater truth.

Yes there is something to all of it, but the reality is 99% of the people dont get what is all about, nor does it provide straight instruction in doing so.

Necromancy, for example...
Sorcerer, what is it, it aint the hocus pocus people think of. I konw sorcerers, and so do you, though you wouldnt know unless you new what a sorcerer was.

The truth is there, you have to find it on your own, and many travel down these paths in there search for truth.

I know personally people who have delved into the depths of magic being "possessed."
Even they dont understand what is truly happening...its more "scientific" these things, and for the most part takes some money/lab/people, etc. to get what you need.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Most of the material out there doesnt do, what it claims to do.

I would disagree with you. Every example I mentioned does exactly and completely
what it is supposed to do.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemlock
Myth? type in 'necromancy' into google and look it up. is that just a reprint. actualy just click the link LINK

Hast thou found the beginning that thou labors for the end?.....

All of that is way too much for your mind to comprehend if you cannot comprehend the things that are already manifest.. Open your eyes and notice the magic you work in your own life.. and have worked in your own life.. and find out how you did it.. this is more key than listening to anothers methods...

Therefore Stand at the Beginning and you shall know the end.

The beginning is your experience ... if you start there... you will know the end... because you will understand how your experiences either went well or did not go well.. and how to correct it..

[edit on 11/11/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

How does this relate to the teachings of the Circle which has no beginnings or End?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by greywolf1

How does this relate to the teachings of the Circle which has no beginnings or End?

I suppose you didn't quite understand that parable than .. ...

its meaning represents that philosophy, only in words... Can you not see past semantics?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I suspect that I understand the parable far more than you understood my question
ot the teachings of the circle, even at a basic level.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greywolf1

I suspect that I understand the parable far more than you understood my question
ot the teachings of the circle, even at a basic level.

Oh how elusive.. I am so incorrect you care not to enlighten me with your highly renowned theories and concepts..

Sorry, I couldn't have used words or terms more meaningful to you, apparently you have been taught by him who is. Please don't with-hold his words from me.. speak with haste, give unto me the keys which you hold. I demand it.
If you do not wish to bring your ideas and thoughts to the table, please excuse yourself there are still some who are hungry.

BTW, Its not a circle... its a mobius strip...

[edit on 11/14/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

Cug

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Not only that, but the method of the magickal rites talked about are total bunk.

Gee thanks thanks for saying my magical system (Ceremonial Magick) is bunk.

This article was written by Lewis Spence whose main clam to fame was of a folklorist. Unfortunately his background in forklore kinda got in his way when he wrote on occult topics. (IMHO) The things this article are talking about really are not necromancy in the way most think of it. You are talking to /summoning spirits, not of dead people, but what is commonly known as gods/demons/angels etc... and the rituals he mentions pretty much all come from the well known medieval grimoires.

I know of no magickal system that invokes the names of God.

You do it all the time in Ceremonial Magick, for example in the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, during the formulation of the pentagrams you invoke the names of God. In this case YHVH, ADNI, AHIH, and AGLA.

Every mage has a Book of Shadows, a record of their rituals, etc. So what has this link to do with a B.O.S.?

This document is from a collection of magical texts that were collected in the pre-world wide web days of the electronic bulletin boards systems (BBS). The name of this collection is the Internet Book of Shadows. www.sacred-texts.com... for the full list of documents.

[edit on 11/14/2006 by Cug]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Please don't with-hold his words from me.. speak with haste, give unto me the keys which you hold. I demand it.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with one who is totally defenceless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join