Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Moon Base and Apollo Missions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I was talking to my friend at school today (were seniors in high school) and I was telling him about some of the conspiracy theories. He found them mildly interesting but he mentioned the Moon Landings and how they might have been faked. I remember watching a tv show on the theory. They showed photographs from the landings where the crosshair etching on the lense actually showed up behind a dirt mound on the moon. It got me thinking. All the theories about the alien bases on the moon and how we might have been warned to stay off, might be why we had to fake the moon landings in the first place. Just a connection that might be true. What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'll give the answer I give every time this comes up (almost weekly).

We went to the moon, there is no doubt.

www.badastronomy.com...

This page helps dispell a few myths.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Never said I didn't believe we didn't go to the moon, but if their was a hoax (which I understand that Fox is going to do some major editing and in the end just wants to fill an hour timeslot and make money) then perhaps their might be a connection. This is where most theories start right, an idea.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Indeed, I misread your question. Still, the page I linked to does discuss many of the hoaxes.

I don't think we were warned off from the moon. I just think it's hugely expensive to get there and now the Russians have been there too, there's no urge to do anything with it.

I'd like to see a moonbase, more moon rovers and some live cams on the moon, that would be great. There must be some reason they can find for going back.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Indeed, I misread your question. Still, the page I linked to does discuss many of the hoaxes.

I don't think we were warned off from the moon. I just think it's hugely expensive to get there and now the Russians have been there too, there's no urge to do anything with it.

Hang on a sec, I thought the Russians abandoned their moon program and never went there.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I wish too their was more interest in the moon. I think their is a lot that could be learned from their other than just bringing back rocks. And it's so close to us. Too bad exploration isn't always a top priority.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They sent moon rovers and such. Not manned missions. I should have elaborated on that, sorry.

www.russianspaceweb.com...

The chinese will be the next to go to the moon, I believe.

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   

They sent moon rovers and such. Not manned missions. I should have elaborated on that, sorry.

The chinese will be the next to go to the moon, I believe.

Indians are also very keen on going to the moon, too. It's all good, though. It's about time the world enters a new space race

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Indeed. The moon is an atainable goal and one which I think the international communities should be colaborating on.

Although, they are not funding the ISS as they should be, I can't see a moon mission getting the funding it deserves. Shame on the people who cut back on NASA funding yet invest trillions and trillions on the art of killing other humans. Grr, it makes me so mad.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Indeed. The moon is an atainable goal and one which I think the international communities should be colaborating on.

Although, they are not funding the ISS as they should be, I can't see a moon mission getting the funding it deserves. Shame on the people who cut back on NASA funding yet invest trillions and trillions on the art of killing other humans. Grr, it makes me so mad.

That sucks huge donkey gonads indeed. A new space race is inevitable, though. What with India & China heading for the moon and the US, EU & Russia planning manned missions to Mars.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I believe that we did go to the moon, and did send the Apollo space missions there. However, I also believe that only one or two of the missions were faked. Why would they have to fake all of them? It would make sense to hoax a few because they were under bidget constraints and needed more missions to make themselves look credible and techonologically advanced.

There are some interesting aspects of the various tapes and images that have been supposedly taken on the moon that my be questionable, such as the shadows, and atmospheric conditions, but remember that the mon is a alien atmosphere that has only been contacted by a few dozen men (assuming that there isn't a whole colony of humans living up there
).

I don't understand why we're not ocnsidering spending money to go to the moon again. I know it's been considered by Bush, but he really should get some R&D going onit. I mean, it's a much better endeavor to invest on than to conquer "a-rock" in a middle of a war torn desert. We are much much more techonologically advanced than decades ago, so there's no excuse about "safety issues". Of course, this is all assuming the conspiracy theories arent true and there are no other humans living up there.

By the way, have any of you seen this footage? I'm a bit skeptical of it, since it's very possible that it could have been fabricated itself, but an interesting tidbit otherwise.

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He he, good old albinoblacksheep.com. A very funny website indeed. I've seen that video. It's silly.

If you haven't, have a look at the link I posted at the top of the page, it counters most of the hoax theories quite well.

I love staring at the moon, I really hope I see another manned mission in my lifetime.

I believe that if they find any valuable minerals or metals on the moon, it would make the ideal source for building materials for further space exploration. Solar powered mag-lev tracks could easily and cheaply put moon-products into moon orbit or slingshot them towards the earth for processing.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's a pity that site doesn't have an explaination for the letter C you see written in one of the rocks on photos of the moon Zzub.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm in no doubt as to the actual moon landings. What I do doubt is that the astronauts didn't see anything at odds with what the public is aware of up there. I'm fairly sure there is a moon base and UFOs up there, if not the entire moon being a hollowed out base.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard that NASA is/has coming out with a book that debunks all of these conspiracy theories. does anyone know more about that? When it comes out, I'm sure that it'll provice for much more explaination, but like many other theories, it may just raise more questions than answers.

I have yet to buy a video/DVD of a documentary of the moon landings being faked. Does anyone have one of those?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
It's a pity that site doesn't have an explaination for the letter C you see written in one of the rocks on photos of the moon Zzub.
Thats the thing with debunkers. They always skip any kind of inconsistency they cannot account for. Hoping instead that they give a preponderance of counter information to dispell the stuff that is hard to impossible to debunk.

Do I think the "C" means anything? It could mean that this particular landing was faked. Though I have the odder belief that the C was part of some real moon rock stamping not done by the astronauts and that they were actually on the moon. It plays well into the moon is an artificial construction theory.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
that's a possible theory heelstone.

Kinda makes me think of the Truman Show, where in fact it's just a base in which the controller looks down on his world, it's just an illusion.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
I heard that NASA is/has coming out with a book that debunks all of these conspiracy theories. does anyone know more about that? When it comes out, I'm sure that it'll provice for much more explaination, but like many other theories, it may just raise more questions than answers.

I have yet to buy a video/DVD of a documentary of the moon landings being faked. Does anyone have one of those?
James Oberg, who is apparently a professional debunker, does this dirty work for NASA all the time. He does write books as well, but I don't think he has made a total NASA UFO debunker book yet. If anybody authors one for NASA, it will be Oberg. Oberg himself cannot answer every UFO sighting in NASA videos, and he has been disputed by other well educated people as well. Including retired astronauts Gordon Cooper and Dr. Edgar Mitchell. It comes down to whether you are gonna listen to a guy that is paid to debunk for NASA or retired astronauts who say things to the contrary. Though I will say that Cooper and Mitchell do not talk about their NASA UFO sightings. Probably to keep out of harm's way with their security oaths.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen the rock with the C on it.

www.apollo-hoax.co.uk...

Apparently, the C is not in the original. I can't prove this either way, but this page claims to.

It doesn't really change my opinion at all, but does make me wonder what the real explanation is.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
that's a possible theory heelstone.

Kinda makes me think of the Truman Show, where in fact it's just a base in which the controller looks down on his world, it's just an illusion.
I've read enough convincing hollow moon theories to think that its an artificial construction. The earth displays similar properties, but the moon is easier to judge given its lighter mass. Its one big alien duck-blind, IMO.

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by heelstone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join