It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resettle Israeli's to the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As Israel seems too be a thorn in the side of the Middle East why dont we just resettle them in America. I mean the US gives them billions in free loans every year so it would save money. Since day 1 we Brits setteled the Jews in Palestine its been kicking off with them and the Arab Nations. Israel have been murdering Palestinians all that time and robbing them of their homes and land.

With the current situation in the Middle East is it worth starting a nuke conflict in which millions would die all for the sake of a group of people who think their above everyone else. Israel has only got a population of over 6 million and more than that could die in a nuclear exchange. So I think they should be resettled in the US, I mean most of them are American anyway arent they, so it would be like just coming home.

Which begs another question, why do so many American jews want to settle in a land that does not belong to them/not their homeland when all your neighbours want you dead. People normally flee from conflicts they dont move into them. I think this is the only sensible solution because it would be better to be alive in another country then nuked in your own, the worlds population is constantly on the move so its no big deal.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
As Israel seems too be a thorn in the side of the Middle East why dont we just resettle them in America. I mean the US gives them billions in free loans every year so it would save money. Since day 1 we Brits setteled the Jews in Palestine its been kicking off with them and the Arab Nations. Israel have been murdering Palestinians all that time and robbing them of their homes and land.

With the current situation in the Middle East is it worth starting a nuke conflict in which millions would die all for the sake of a group of people who think their above everyone else. Israel has only got a population of over 6 million and more than that could die in a nuclear exchange. So I think they should be resettled in the US, I mean most of them are American anyway arent they, so it would be like just coming home.

Which begs another question, why do so many American jews want to settle in a land that does not belong to them/not their homeland when all your neighbours want you dead. People normally flee from conflicts they dont move into them. I think this is the only sensible solution because it would be better to be alive in another country then nuked in your own, the worlds population is constantly on the move so its no big deal.

I really don't know where to start with this one. Words fail me.

Ok, there are so many duff facts here that I despair, but I can make a start anyway. First thing first - no, they are NOT American. The vast majority of Israelis were born in the country, the sons and daughters of those who were also born in the country. Recent immigrants are from places like Russia and Ethiopia, to name just two places. They have a long history there - Tel Aviv was founded by jewish immigrants in the 19th Century.
Israel was founded after the Second World War. The Holocaust devastated the jewish population of Europe and many of the survivors wanted to settle somewhere that was a fair distance from Germany and which wasn't run by a demented mass-murderer. The jewish settlements in Palestine were calling out for people and they went there in their thousands.
And let's not forget that they were, in more than one way, actually going home, reversing the Diaspora.
As for the current mess - the Arabs invaded the Jewish parts of Palestine in 1947. They did not have very pacific intentions. It was a nasty start to life, but Israel has fought for its existence quite a lot.
Resettle them in America? Please shut up.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
while you're at it, how about we resettle americans back in britain & let the 'indians' have a chance to regenerate the place. i'd throw australians into the bargain as well. new zealanders are cool, they can stay put.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dark, have you just answered part of my post, you said the Jews of Europe were settled in Palestine well Palestine was not their natural homeland was it, you have already stated they were European Jews, and many American Jews have moved to Israel over the years that is a fact. And do you think resettling the Jews of Europe in a lands that were surrounded with potential enemies was the correct thing to do.

And Shar what has your statement got to do with my thread, Israel and the Jewish people are facing a possible nuke war. So your answer to people facing such a possible situation is to leave them to their fate. The Arab world will not settle till the Israelis have left the Middle East are you both saying it is better to die than to live. If you knew a natural disaster was going to kill millions would you just leave them to die or would you help those people.

My thread is about saving people from a possible nuke war, as all other attempts to bring peace to the region have failed and the current situation is such that a nuke war is very likely. In war people move from the area of conflict they dont move to it. Israel will never win in the middle East even with America's help. There are people in the middle East who wont be happy till they see every Jew dead, so you have to come up with something to help these people. If such a conflict starts where are the Jewish people to go, their surrounded by hostile arab nations. Thats what the threads about, and instead of thinking it through and looking at the bigger picture you both unfortunately missed what I was getting at.

Dark, Just one more thing all of us on ATS can voice their views, opinions and Idea's we wont all agree but there is no need to be rude.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
the sub-text of my point is that the people are there now, deporting them is not the answer. the source of the problem is less the population & their religions, and more the political environment and those who seek to exploit the conflict. lets address the cause of the middle east conflict before we resort to desperate measures like deporting a nation. i think a regional restructuring (including the redrawing of borders) is pretty much on the cards now that the iraq project has failed. peace in the middle east is only possible if we defang the international machinations of the global iron triangle and it's army of salesmen.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Its part of our world's history that some people conquer, or are conquered, for good or for ill.

If all "foriegn" people were relocated to their original/ancestral lands, all persons of European descent would have to return to Europe. All Native Americans would have to return to Siberia; Arabs to Arabia; Turks to Central Asia, etc.

Very soon, we'd have a lot of unused land/resources, and desperate overcrowding.

I hope that people can just put aside their ancient, ancestral fueds and hatreds; respect their fellow countrymen, and live in peace with other nations and work for the betterment of all mankind.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Since day 1 we Brits setteled the Jews in Palestine its been kicking off with them and the Arab Nations. .

Well, there is the first flaw in your arguement.

here are a few more....

It was the EUROPEANS! not the AMERICANS! who attempted to exterminate the jews from existance. Furthermore, it was BRITAIN who gave the Arab lands away. I do believe this problem rests soley on your hands. DEAL WITH IT! and stop trying to pawn off your problems on someone else. Whats wrong? too many muslims in england now to be able to give more of your land away?

I look at the land my ancestors came from and really shake my head at times.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yes. Since Europe like to tell Americans that America isn't their country, and that it belongs to the indians.

Ok. Thats about 220 million Americans that Europe can have, that can be resettled back into Europe. Im sure Europe will be happy to recieve them.

What? NO???????? Europe cant survive or sustain that many people?

The Jews have to settle somewhere. And since it was thousands of years of persecution and genocide or expulsion from Europeans, Europe was out of the question. Africa was out of the question at the time because most of Africa was still European colonial possesions. The Jews wanted a country of their own, not just to live as residents, so they would never again be vulnerable to an unfreindly, oppresive, or hateful regime.

So, they get Palestine, a place they got kicked out of 2,000 or so years ago.

Yeah, they could have tried and actually been nice and treat their neighbors a bit nicer, and they sure as hell could have established and maintained a state without threating, patronizing, or bullying all non Jews in the area. And they sure took with them some lessons on how to treat and abuse people by their former oppressors.

But, the Jews gotta go somewhere, because its been made clear throught history that they sure as hell have never been wanted in anyone else's country.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think the Israelis have something else in mind.

"My sad conclusion is that the secular right, which does not have a backbone based on faith, has apparently become bankrupt. The Tehiya movement did not pass the threshold for a Knesset seat, Tzomet fell apart, Arik Sharon and the hard core of the Likud moved toward the center, and now Lieberman as well. Gandhi [Rehavam Ze'evi] was maybe the last of the giants among the secular rightists. Where is the non-skullcap-wearing public at demonstrations of the right? Where is their dedication? There are some like MK Aryeh Eldad, but I don't know if they have even one Knesset seat today among the public."

At the Knesset session marking the fifth anniversary of the assassination of minister Rehavam Ze'evi, you said, "The demographic problem will not solve itself. It's not too late to study the Gandhi legacy." Do you still believe in the idea of transfer?

"Yes. Gandhi never spoke of transfer by coercion, only voluntary transfer. We can eliminate the Palestinian refugee camps in the territories by giving $100,000 to each family that agrees to emigrate to another country. If 1 million Palestinian families accept the proposal, which costs about $100 billion, we will solve the demographic problem."

Where will you find $100 billion?

"Every year Israel receives foreign aid from the United States totaling $3 billion. If we take the aid money and put it aside for 20 years, we will have $60 billion. If we add to that money from American and European foundations, which streams in to us, we can reach $100 billion."

Do you really believe that for $100,000 you will succeed in convincing Palestinian families to leave their homes?

"Definitely. I've checked it out. There are many countries, such as Bulgaria and Bosnia, that are willing to take them in. When a family with $100,000 arrives there, it is wanted, and will be really wealthy. Today in Gaza, families are living in hell. They have to be encouraged to leave."
Source

I particularly loved the part about the financing of this affair. This guy is actually looking 20 years into the future for American Aid! I also loved the choice of words he used to describe the funds coming in as "Streams in to us" as though its actually an owed or earned income!

Can anyone see any danger here? Are the Jews becoming that which they condemn? I would say so.

Look at what this total loser has to say:

'Cyprus is the best model'
"Minorities are the biggest problem in the world," the Sunday Telegraph quoted Lieberman as saying. Asked by the newspaper if citizens of Arab descent should be forced out through territorial redistribution, he said:

"I think separation between two nations is the best solution. Cyprus is the best model. Before 1974, the Greeks and Turks lived together and there were frictions and bloodshed and terror.

"After 1974, they constituted all Turks on one part of the island, all Greeks on the other part of the island and there is stability and security."

Told that in Cyprus thousands were forcibly driven from their homes, he replied: "Yes, but the final result was better."

The newspaper said that an aide to Lieberman later sought to expand on his remarks.

"Israeli Arabs don't have to go," the unnamed aide was quoted as saying. "But if they stay they have to take an oath of allegiance to Israel as a Jewish Zionist state."
Source

He thinks "MINORITIES ARE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IN THE WORLD". Hmm wasn't there a "Jewish Problem" back in the 1930's-40's with some guy named Hitler??
The jews were a minority and Im pretty sure they still are. So what exactly did he mean? I cannot believe these people are actually in Government and how is it that we support such an obviously racist entity.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by ThePieMaN]

[edit on 7-11-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Thanks Pie, just wanted to post a link to the thread about it

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
It was the EUROPEANS!

It was Nazi Germany & co which tried to exterminate Jewish and Gypsy people. Don't blame Europe in its entireness, or may I hold you responsible for the extermination of more than 650.000 Iraqis and thousands of Lebanese and Palestinians?

It was BRITAIN who gave the Arab lands away.

Xphile, my dearest friend, know the history rather than making loose assertions.

In 1947, following increasing levels of violence from groups such as Irgun and Lehi, uncontrollable immigration from Europe and general war-weariness, the British government decided to withdraw from the Palestine Mandate.[13] The UN General Assembly approved the 1947 UN Partition Plan dividing the territory into two states, with the Jewish area consisting of roughly 55% of the land, and the Arab area roughly 45%. Jerusalem was planned to be an international region administered by the UN to avoid conflict over its status.

I do believe this problem rests soley on your hands. DEAL WITH IT! and stop trying to pawn off your problems on someone else.

Apparently, your government seems to differ about that for many decades. After all, it's primarily the US that supplies weapons and financially backs up the state of Israel.

However, I'd welcome and invite all Zionists who would like to move from Israel to Europe to relocate as it would partly solve the current problem. It's a way better way of solving problems compared to the aggressive US way:

[/img]http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7637/propagandashutmouthrr6.jpg[/img]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Thanks Pie, just wanted to post a link to the thread about it

It was the EUROPEANS!

It was Nazi Germany & co which tried to exterminate Jewish and Gypsy people. Don't blame Europe in its entireness, or may I hold you responsible for the extermination of more than 650.000 Iraqis and thousands of Lebanese and Palestinians?

It was BRITAIN who gave the Arab lands away.

Xphile, my dearest friend, know the history rather than making loose assertions.

In 1947, following increasing levels of violence from groups such as Irgun and Lehi, uncontrollable immigration from Europe and general war-weariness, the British government decided to withdraw from the Palestine Mandate.[13] The UN General Assembly approved the 1947 UN Partition Plan dividing the territory into two states, with the Jewish area consisting of roughly 55% of the land, and the Arab area roughly 45%. Jerusalem was planned to be an international region administered by the UN to avoid conflict over its status.

I do believe this problem rests soley on your hands. DEAL WITH IT! and stop trying to pawn off your problems on someone else.

Apparently, your government seems to differ about that for many decades. After all, it's primarily the US that supplies weapons and financially backs up the state of Israel.

However, I'd welcome and invite all Zionists who would like to move from Israel to Europe to relocate as it would partly solve the current problem. It's a way better way of solving problems compared to the aggressive US way:

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Mdv2]

top topics

join