It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Threat to West Over Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is the most explicit threat to the United States from the Tehran regime.

It seems that Iran is planning to wipe Israel off the map.

Clearly they must have nukes to do that.

If Iran has already secretly produced nuclear weapons then this threat must be
taken to be a warning of a new nuclear holocaust in the middle east.

In any war with Iran, Israel will nuke entire Iran and Iran will nuke entire Israel.

BBC

Last Updated: Friday, 20 October 2006, 10:31 GMT 11:31 UK

Iran warns of revenge over Israel

Iran's president has warned that Muslims around the world will take revenge on states who supported Israel against the Palestinians.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad again questioned the extent of the Holocaust, when German Nazis murdered six million Jews.
Israel was founded on "claims about the Holocaust" for which the Palestinians were paying the price, he told a rally.
He was speaking on Jerusalem Day, when there are large demonstrations in Iran in support of the Palestinians.
BBC Tehran correspondent Frances Harrison says the tone of the speech was hardline, even by Mr Ahmadinejad's standards.

Implicit threat

Mr Ahmadinejad called Israel's leaders a "group of terrorists" and appeared to threaten any country that supports it.
"You imposed a group of terrorists... on the region. It is in your own interest to distance yourself from these criminals... This is an ultimatum. Don't complain tomorrow."
Mr Ahmadinejad said Israel no longer had any reason to exist and would soon disappear. "This regime, thanks to God, has lost the reason for its existence. Efforts to stabilise this fake regime, by the grace of God, have completely failed."
Mr Ahmadinejad said: "Even if we assume the Holocaust is true, then why should the Palestinians pay the price for it."
He said millions of Israelis should go back to their countries of origin.
Mr Ahmadinejad said Lebanese Hezbollah militants had shattered the myth of Israel's military power, so that "Zionists" in their homes in various corners of the world, could not now enjoy security.

news.bbc.co.uk...

US and Iran simply don't wish to talk to each other.

Maybe they don't like each other's existence.

Its a pure hatred based relationship.

Link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ya know...

I kinda find it hard to argue with those statments.
Isreal has NOT done a very good job at keeping the peace. How can they hold up the Hollacost as a reason for their existance when they are inflicting the same levels of horror on other people?

When it comes to Genocide, turnabout is NOT fairplay.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Palestinians have been suffering since 1948 when Israel was established.

They should be given their own state in west bank and gaza.

I think if Israel were to be fair and make
peace with Iran and all the Arab nations, then maybe
they would not hate it so much.

It is not in US or Israel's interests to continue to be aggresive towards muslims.

Arabs are not turning the other cheek.

We should stop interfereing in their affairs.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I dont see why Iran and its leaders cannot say this, after all its only the same as what Bush has said, that we will attack any country that attacks us our friends or allies. On issues such as these you cannot have double standards if Iran or any country see others as a threat they have every right to defend themselves, if Israel or the US attacked Iran then that is an act of war and they have aright to defend themselves.

The Palestinians have no effective means to fight Isreal thats why you have constant terrorist attacks against the Israeli's. Israel wont do any thing without the support and backing of the US, that action has made America a legitamate target.

If we want peace in the Middle East then just resettle the Isreali's to America, I mean there's not many of them and it would remove the risk of a nuke war. Why should millions of people die because one small group are threatening the safety of many more. Its not like Israel is the Jewish homeland, they originated in central Europe and it was we theBritish who put them in Palestine after ww2. We knew then this would cause trouble for the future.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I dont see why Iran and its leaders cannot say this, after all its only the same as what Bush has said, that we will attack any country that attacks us our friends or allies. On issues such as these you cannot have double standards if Iran or any country see others as a threat they have every right to defend themselves, if Israel or the US attacked Iran then that is an act of war and they have aright to defend themselves.

The Palestinians have no effective means to fight Isreal thats why you have constant terrorist attacks against the Israeli's. Israel wont do any thing without the support and backing of the US, that action has made America a legitamate target.

If we want peace in the Middle East then just resettle the Isreali's to America, I mean there's not many of them and it would remove the risk of a nuke war. Why should millions of people die because one small group are threatening the safety of many more. Its not like Israel is the Jewish homeland, they originated in central Europe and it was we theBritish who put them in Palestine after ww2. We knew then this would cause trouble for the future.

Lots of misconceptions being posted but yours takes the prize, "jews originated in central Europe"..... I suppose they control the world too.......

Lets address a few more

"Israel committing Genocide" where? do you even understand what the word means? Where are these camps where jews exterminating Arabs on an industrial scale?

Funnily enough jews are charactarised and demonised in the Arab press EXACTLY the same way as they were in Hitlers Germany.........

America hasnt always supported Israel and Israel has done their own thing, Suez for starters.......

Who actually forced that little war to stop?

If we attack Iran of course they have the right to defend themselves, I for 1 see a huge difference between saying that and what he has said to day - leave Israel to its fate or we will cause you pain - I dont think the difference is subtle, you appear to have missed it entirely.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by radoult

"Israel committing Genocide" where? do you even understand what the word means? Where are these camps where jews exterminating Arabs on an industrial scale?

Funnily enough jews are charactarised and demonised in the Arab press EXACTLY the same way as they were in Hitlers Germany.........

I agree with most of what you said, except of the assertions stated above.

Israel has not committed any genocides, but they (the government and many citizens) are terribly terrorizing Palestinian people, annexing their soil further and further and very hostile towards neighboring countries, such as Lebanon. Of course it is all in ''the name of self defense'' but bombing thousands of innocent Lebanese civilians and UN soldiers away is irrational compared to the incident of two captured Israeli soldiers, which was not even committed by Lebanon.

Your second assertion might be partly right, yet the Israelis are using a far more dirty strategy to make the Average American Joe believe that Israel is rightfully defending its nation.

How would you describe the fact that the IDF appealed against the Supreme Court's decision of banning the use of human shields. I find it ridiculous and barbaric; it shows precisely how little they care about innocent Palestinian people.

The Israeli Defence Ministry will appeal against a supreme court ruling banning the use of Palestinian human shields in raids, officials said.

Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz is prepared to make a personal appearance in court to defend the practice, ministry officials added.

Source

The case was brought more than three years ago by human rights organisations that said the army routinely forced Palestinian civilians into dangerous situations as a means to protect soldiers. Some of the most common methods were to force Palestinians into buildings to see if they were booby-trapped, or to enter the hideouts of wanted men and tell them to surrender. Soldiers also forced civilians to stand in front of them when on patrol.

At least one human shield was killed, and others have been wounded. Nidal Daraghmeh, a 19-year-old Palestinian student, was shot dead after troops forced him to knock on the door of a wanted Hamas fugitive and shooting broke out.

Source

I'd say watch this video prior to calling Arab propaganda similar to Nazi propaganda against Jewish people. Really Israeli propaganda isn't any better and the treatment of Palestinian people in particular.

Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maybe someone should point out the ABSOLUTE GENOCIDAL NATURE of Muslims (and their supporters
) who spout these words of pure hate.

As a casual observer of the Middle East, that based on the results of ALL the conflicts between Muslims and Israel, some might suggest that Allah in on the side of the Jews.

Can someone remind again why anyone is threatening anyone else?

When will the children take over and start an annual war of flower throwing?

Till then... let us acknowledge the absolute stupidity of humans.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
He is somewhat right,

The palestinians dont deserve to be put in squaller camps, simply because Israel claims they have a right to exist.

They do have a right to exist, but not at the palestinians demise.

I dont think he's questioning wether the extermination camps happened, clearly they did.. I think he's arguing the point that if the germans did this haneous crime, they should be the ones to provide reperations... not the palestinians.

True, the palestinians are attacking Israel,
but wouldnt you?
Wouldnt any sane person when they have there home taken from them, and made to live in squaller camps resist the occupier?

When the palestinians try to create a movement, an international following to show there side of this situation, they are branded as terrorists, as a terrorist state..

Israels invincibility was crushed, hezbollah succeeded in destroying the israeli myth, the arab world know israel cannot resort to the bomb, because that would be inviting a similar response.
The other nations are confident in there assesment that israel would not use the bomb, and this gives them hope.
Because all the arab nations against israel, will either destroy israel... and them.. or it will bring down the USA...which means israel dies also.

Are they prepared to sacrifice everything they are? for another countries cause?

In a perfect world, man should never be made to ask himself this question.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Have you forgotten the history of that region and why Israel has so much land now?

In the 1940's when Israel was formed, there was an established Palestinian state for a while. Then Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine attacked Israel, at an attempt to destroy the established Israeli state. Israel won. They took Palestinain land, and EGYPT TOOK SOME AS WELL (yet nobody talks about this).

1960's...the same thing happened. Arab countries surrounding them attacked Israel. They took more land.

Yet the land Israel is occupying is illegal why?

The US has Texas, New Mexico, and California due to a war with Mexico. Is that illegal as well?

Britain has the common wealth due to wars and imperialism, is that illegal as well?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Yet the land Israel is occupying is illegal why?

It's not illegal, the World community has approved Jewish people to establish a Jewish State. More or less to ease the pain of what happened to the Jews in World War II, in my opinion.

However, the fact that the World Community did take this decision does not mean others and I have to agree with it. In my opinion, Jews should have had the possibility to either stay in Europe - or anywhere else - or move to Palestine (which many Jews already did before WW II), not to establish a state on Palestinian soil just because their ancestors used to live there, that's an unjustifiable claim. Colonial powers neither can claim back overseas territories because their ancestors used to live there.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

It's not illegal, the World community has approved Jewish people to establish a Jewish State.

Many people on here say it is illegal. Though the people who say that are usually the ones who also say Israel is committing genocide.

In my opinion, Jews should have had the possibility to either stay in Europe - or anywhere else - or move to Palestine (which many Jews already did before WW II), not to establish a state on Palestinian soil just because their ancestors used to live there, that's an unjustifiable claim. Colonial powers neither can claim back overseas territories because their ancestors used to live there.

I really don't either. The truth is though, world powers [such as Britain] controlled Palestine. It is their land to give. Imperialism really isn't fair, I would totally agree with you.

What bothers me on here though, is that people say that Israel is an evil nation because it segregates between Israelis and Palestinians and took Palestinian land after it was an established state.

1) Nobody examines why Israel segregates. Maybe they got tired of the civilian suicide bombings. I know if one type of people went into places and were suicide bombers, the United States would start segregating, and most other countries would too!
2) They won that land through wars that Arabs started with them.

I feel sorry for the innocent Palestinians, but some people here like to rewrite history and news by demonizing Israel as invaders taking more and more land and them committing GENOCIDES. Is Israel the best nation? No. And I really don't care what happens in some desert, but let's just be honest here.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, the Jordanian squatters (a.k.a "Palestinians") had their shot, and instead of taking the safe, secure route they decided to roll the dice and play hardball. And they lost.

If they hadn't let that rat Arafat make unilateral decisions for them, they would be inhabitants of their own sovereign state right now. Hmmmm, lets again review what the Israelis were offering via Oslo and Camp David:

* Official recognition of the Palestine Liberation Organization
* Acceptance of the Palestinian Authority and theeventual new Palestinian state
* Withdrawal of the Israeli military from occupied territories
* Negotiation of a two-state solution
* Extensive concessions regarding territories by the Israelis, including Palestinian control over the Muslim holy places in Jerusalem.

All that doesn't sound so bad right about now, does it?

The fact remains that the Palestinians chose hate over peace, or at least allowed their corrupt leaders to do so. Arafat saw his own demise in the Camp David agreement, and chickened out. The result was the 2nd intifada, and indeed Gaza and the West bank are in much worse condition from all aspects that it was in 1994, before Arafat returned from exile in Tunisia!

In life, for better or worse, there are winners and losers. Sometimes you have to admit defeat, and realize that the price to continue your fight outweighs the perceived benefits. Sometimes, even in "defeat", you can make great gains (see Camp David 2000). Ideals, slogans, and traditions are all fine, but do they put food on your table, or keep your children free from sickness, or guarentee your safety? The Palestinians are still struggling to wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
RetinoidR

After the end of World War II, and the near-extermination of European Jews by the Nazis, international support for Jews seeking to settle in Palestine overcame British efforts to restrict immigration - Wilipedia

It also says immediatley when it was declared, the palestinians became HOSTILE.

This does not sound like a nation, that 'legally' handed over there land...

As if you'd do that anyway?

Ahmajadine feels, it should of been the German nation, whom took this burden.
To be fair....that sounds logical.

Who really knows WHY The UN chose this option.. those men have passed, and technological and economic concepts enabled you to be the only people... who knew what occured between the nations after WW2.

but 60 years later, we have come to depend on their land...

There's no real solution to what we've done, we cant change it....
"But darn it, these guys are so damn furious, that we game another nation there land... "

And Iran simply cant handle watching there own race, be victimised, maniuplated, murdered and being taken advantage of.

Id like to know, whats going on between Iran and Nkorea.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that nobody wants the Palestinian to have peace and neither Israel.

Is all about Iraq and Iran and what they have to offer, something that the Palestinian land has none.

The Palestine people has suffered enough by Israel hands and also or more so than the same countries that on an off has used them to further their own agendas against Israel.

The Arabs nations.

Pity, is all political games.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Palestinians will never be happy and have vowed that they will never stop until Israel is wiped off the earth. You all need to face the fact that the Muslims will never stop their murder until they control the world. Look at what they have done in Africa and just who do you blame that genocide on, and yes they are commiting genocide. I have no love for Israel and I would never let them have part of America for a new State but face the facts that the Muslims have been Murdering scum since the begining of time and not just since Bush came to be.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Agit8dChop I never said Palestinians gave over some of their land to Israel willingly (you do know it wasn't all of Palestine? That they actually had a Palestinian state in the 1940's after it was split up).

What I did say was that Britain controlled Palestine. They had the right to give it over to anyone. They could have given the whole land to Israel if it wanted. Right or wrong, that is the way it is/was.

It is also true that the established Palestinian state and its Arab neighbors attacked Israel in the 1940's. And the Arab neighbors once again attacked Israel in the 1960's. Israel is now "occupying terrirtories". Israel took more and more land after each invasion. Is it wrong? Well many other countries have done that [including the US, Britain, China].

And I think Ahmendinjad and you have it wrong, it wasn't that America and Europe felt BAD for Jews that they gave them their own state. They didn't want them to migrate to their own countries!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Prior to 1948, how many palestinians demanded the death of ISRAEL,
Because they were 'occupying' there land.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Damn right its wrong.
They have no right to be even moving 1 square mm off there 1948 land.
Thats what they were given, if the neighbors dont like you... you have to handle the issue and stand up for YOUR piece of land.
If you ever take theirs, they will do the exact same in return.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Damn right its wrong.
They have no right to be even moving 1 square mm off there 1948 land.
Thats what they were given, if the neighbors dont like you... you have to handle the issue and stand up for YOUR piece of land.
If you ever take theirs, they will do the exact same in return.

They won that land in war with palestine, Egypt, Jordan, etc.

You should be telling the United States to give back California, New Mexico, and Texas. Mexico didn't even attack the US and we took the land.

But let's look at it logically, you won't tell the US to give it back. You won't tell China to relinquish control over Tibet. You won't tell many countries to leave the Common Wealth. And these countries didn't even ATTACK the US, Britain, and China.

Yet when countries attack Israel, you tell them they are evil and are wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You want me to list every quam I have with international politics before I state my opinion?
Chinas wrong for demanding that land.. It wasnt theres.
Techincally yes its wrong for the US,
But it turned out positive in all respects, both countries maintained enough land to flourish to their ability.

I dont see any mexicans being suicide bombers in California.
Seems there approving.

whos unhappy in this situation.

But look at what the palestinians had TAKEN away,
and then PLACED into...

And Im not saying their evil.
There fighting for there cause, for their land.
They have enough of a will, a determination to right a wrong done to them.

The ol saying '50 million people be wrong' sorta applies here.
How can all these people just have a murderous desire to stake claim to land and kill the people on it?
Their fighting for a cause..
The Same way the IRAQI's Are i might add.

Irsrael are WRONG for defending there land, and AQUIRERING more.
You've been given something of someone elses... their going to be unhappy..
What ever you do, dont take MORE, when they get unhappy.
Sand up, RESIST THEM. until they cant fight you no more and CONCEED, that land you are on.. is now yours.
You could mutually understand this and move on.

But taking land, is insult to these people.

In the days Kings and Knights, it might of happened, when proper appreciation for mankind existed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join