It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonologist? Demonology???!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
hows everybody doing.
quick question. Does anybody know what it takes to be a demonologist? or what courses you'd have to take in college to do this. any feedback would be great, thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There is no academic course as far as I'm aware of. In The Netherlands we do have Esoteric, Western mysticism, Theology and Anthropology that might be interesting. Still those would only give you a small aspect of what you need to know. However I can share how I go about it.

Within the occult there are many streams of study. These gave a very broad and solid foundation. A lot of academic know-how. Next to that you can delve into various systems to get familiar with various entities. From there you can grow further into becoming a demonologist and study demonology and get the needed material. You won't get the needed study material easily and need to build up to it, proof your worth and get to know the right people for it.

From my experience I can say that it is very important to do it that way. This because you get the solid foundation to fall back on. When delving into the various systems you learn the needed techniques and also undergo the needed growth on a personal level. You need one hell of a strong will which takes time to get. You will need to learn how to go about dealing with various types of entities.

By the way I'm not a fullfledged Demonologist, but I'm growing towards it. Been doing so for the past 4-5 years. It is a life commitment not some simple study or esoterical trick that you learn.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by Enyalius]

[edit on 20-10-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation. At this point im just looking at differnt careers in the supernatural.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Prepare to make it a dedication for life else you won't get far.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
spirituality through out our minds are facets of the psychological dyanmic of the caculiciate manifest of the universii as in multiplii... look out!

walk the path

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Why do you wish to learn about thing's that you cannot possibly master in your life time. I have a natural ability to do what you seek and I have. After witnessing first hand what a demon look's and feels like I can assure you nothing good can come of it. Like the other writer states, you will have to dedicate your life studies in perfecting the art of sound, translation, pronunciation, and symbolism to gain the necessary skills to achieve safe results. Most people have no idea how difficult it is to do the most simplest of spells. You can't learn what you want to know from any book in any book store, library, or any other mystical hobby shop. There are people who teach the ancient practices, but I am not one of them. I'f you seek the unknown fear not, for it will find you whether your ready or not. Keep your eyes open and your mind shut and you will be fine.

Cug

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory
hows everybody doing.
quick question. Does anybody know what it takes to be a demonologist? or what courses you'd have to take in college to do this.

Other than the courses Enyalius mentioned, I think Comparative Religion and Philosophy majors might be the closest to a "Demonologist".

Originally posted by necromancer9
You can't learn what you want to know from any book in any book store, library,

Sure you can.. In fact it's better than a "teacher" as you can seek out many different traditions and methods.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why would you ever suggest that someone keep a closed mind?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
1st off different religions have different demons,as a Christian i believe anything not of God and all fallen angels are part of these ones we fight,or demons.

They chose me at a younger age and then i thought payback time and started to get involved in Spiritual Warfare,here i started to learn names and to this day i know you are never too old to learn anything new,new names or unknown i have searched and nothing,you will learn each ones purpose,they are all evil but do have different "jobs" and once you can do Warfare you can try them as you have been given authority over all evil...Fact ..but faith is the key here

Pls don't get me wrong,do not take them on or so invite them unless they come to you which the latter is almost sure to happen,and alot of people are oppressed and they don't know it.

Demon list is avail ,their names ,purpose, and there are 100's of them,but that's what we know the scary fact is millions of angels fell with Lucifer not to mention ones that fell on other occasions,why is our list so short? Reason why i try & keep up,fight is not against flesh but of a spiritual nature,know your enemy cause they do know you,luckily they do know what we think although they have the power to make us believe they do.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by necromancer9
Why do you wish to learn about thing's that you cannot possibly master in your life time. I have a natural ability to do what you seek and I have. After witnessing first hand what a demon look's and feels like I can assure you nothing good can come of it. Like the other writer states, you will have to dedicate your life studies in perfecting the art of sound, translation, pronunciation, and symbolism to gain the necessary skills to achieve safe results. Most people have no idea how difficult it is to do the most simplest of spells. You can't learn what you want to know from any book in any book store, library, or any other mystical hobby shop. There are people who teach the ancient practices, but I am not one of them. I'f you seek the unknown fear not, for it will find you whether your ready or not. Keep your eyes open and your mind shut and you will be fine.

Necromancer, Can you do me a favor and u2u me? I have a question about what you have seen and experienced... I actually just typed out a really long u2u to you, only to find out I am too much of a lurker to send you one.. =\

I have an experience I would like to ask you to compare to yours and perhaps confirm something for me.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have always been interested in demonology, even when I was young. I've just never known how to go about learning more about it, i'm glad this was posted here even if it was back in 2006, hopefully I can get a response from the author to see how far he's come since then and if he can give some pointers.

pr0digy

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From what I've seen(this is in the US) it is not an actual career, more like a side branch from the main thing. If your interested then you can study up on things like theology, psychology etc. If you want to focus on demonology, your going to have to teach yourself. I wanted to be a parapsychologist but since its not an actual career I'm going for my psych degree but will continue to do paranormal studies on the side.

Anybody can call themselves a demonologist or parapsychologist, if that's what they study and are considered experts in. I've heard in some international schools there could be some courses pertaining to that but I'm not entirely certain.

Best of luck in your studies!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My degree is in psychology, but I also have a background in theology and anthro. What is the OP's definition of a demonologist? Surely you simply mean the study and identification of demons as opposed to one of these demon summoning folks.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory
hows everybody doing.
quick question. Does anybody know what it takes to be a demonologist? or what courses you'd have to take in college to do this. any feedback would be great, thanks in advance.

I've done extensive research over the past 10 years which lends to a lot of knowledge, most of which I got from books, not the interneet. The closest thing to a "course" or "program" I have found but not utilized was this:

www.instituteofmetaphysics.com...

If you need structure or a piece of paper saying you're knowledgeable then go there and do that - but what I'll tell you is that I have a LOT of information without ever having done anything like that. Personal and real world experience coupled with research.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join