It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirits remeber the Alamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Federal Marshals who patrol the grounds at night quit their jobs out of fear. The staff are afraid to go into the basement. The front yard covers a cemetery full of dead bodies. The front of the building carries a clearly visible "666" that appeared embedded in the stone in the early 1980s.

www.okmulgeetimes.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The cost of an investigation by Alamo Paranormal can be from free (if volunteers perform the work) to $ 1500 per day if Alamo Paranormal sends in its full four man crew and all equipment. They generally use $ 82,000 worth of scientific equipment to conduct a full blown investigation.

Jeebus, what kind of equipment are these guys working with?

I've read that the Alamo is definitely a paranormal hotspot. I live less than an hour and a half away. I've been meaning to do a little research of my own!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I once heard the real Alamo was destroyed and the one there now is a fake one erected a number of years(not sure exactly) after the original was destroyed. If this is true, perhaps the spirits don't like the "faux Alamo" where the real one was.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The story in the Texas Journal reports that as the men advanced with their torches, a giant male spirit rose, standing tall and clearly visible, from the roof of the building.

It was said to stood over the rooftop with arms raised and fully outstretched and to have flaming balls of fire in each hand

Something to consider; Columbus reported flaming balls of fire in his logs, with respect to when he initially arrived in the Caribbean.

Any thoughts?

PS:BlackJackal very cool avatar

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Any idea who the woman mentioned in the story is? either one,that is (both the woman from the Gunther Hotel and the one in the Alamo).

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story in the Texas Journal reports that as the men advanced with their torches, a giant male spirit rose, standing tall and clearly visible, from the roof of the building.

did he have a coon skin hat?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Heh,

I actually live in San Antonio, and I can tell you ever since I was a little boy I got a bad vibe from that entire area surrounding the Alamo. I can remember on multiple occasions seeing mist like substances around and in the Alamo. The entire block gives me a bad feeling when I go near it.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why not collect local ATSers and go in for a peek, give us a firsthand report? I think it's a good idea... of course, if we don't hear from you ever again...

Just kidding of course. So, any volunteers in the San Antonio area for this little adventure?

Ah, memories of Hunter-net.

DE

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've wanted to do that tour for a long, long time. I'll have to find some time to do it.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm going to San Antonio tomorrow.

Perhaps I'll stop by the Alamo and take some pictures. I'm not sure what the visiting hours are, but I hear, as mig12 has mentioned, that the surrounding area is active. I'll report back here with any results.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Bangin,

If you go at 10 am on a weekday, you'll get a good look around without very many people there.

The best of luck,

Mig12

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mig12,

Why don't you and Bangin go sometiem at night with a cam? We'd like shot decent shots... and, seeing as I live in Canada, it's not evry practical to go down myself.

DE

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would but I can't get the friggin time. Maybe sometme after thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I live here in San Antonio, the grounds are kind of spooky in places... The local news is always doing stories on ghosts there.. there are also several spanish missions that have slave greaveyards on the premises that are reputed to be haunted.

new topics

top topics

join