It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which govt. agency makes sure businesses don't hire illegals and why aren't they doing their job?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The United States was founded on the belief that there needed to be checks and balances to make sure that there wouldn't be an abuse of power. My question is what I have choosen as my title, what is this agency and why aren't they doing anything to prevent illegals from working in our country.

We have police that will cite us for speeding, loitering, walking across the street, etc. why doesn't any government offical do a damn thing about the immigration crisis?

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit

The United States was founded on the belief that there needed to be checks and balances to make sure that there wouldn't be an abuse of power. My question is what I have choosen as my title, what is this agency and why aren't they doing anything to prevent illegals from working in our country.

We have police that will cite us for speeding, loitering, walking across the street, etc. why doesn't any government offical do a damn thing about the immigration crisis?

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

I think the problem is that most of these businesses pay the illegals under the table. They don't report the fact that they have these illegal immigrants employed to Social Security or state agencies. Also a few of the illegal immigrants obtain fraudelent social security numbers ... what happens is they get hired, they normally put off giving their SS# to their employe for as long as feasible, then they give a false # and it takes the Social Security Admin a few months to get the paperwork, process the info and get back to the employer and inform them the # is no good. Typically this is when the employee will quit and go find other employmnet.

This is "preventing" them from working. What more would like these agencies to do? Should we all have to wait 4-6 weeks before we start a job while some government agency confirms our identities and makes sure we are legal to work?

I know the situation could be better but the fact remains most of the jobs that the illegal workers are performing are not jobs that most of us are seeking out. Doesn't make it right but makes it a little easier to ignore.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That's great smallminds, but do you know which federal/state/local government agencies are in charge of prosecuting them?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know which federal/state/local government agencies are in charge of prosecuting them? ? ?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
I think the problem is that most of these businesses pay the illegals under the table. They don't report the fact that they have these illegal immigrants employed to Social Security or state agencies.

You will have to forgive me because my memory isnt what it used to be, but that being said I do remember watching a news clip not very long ago, I believe on ABC but I could be wrong, and they were talking about the illegals. Maybe it was 60 minutes, I forget, but anyway they were saying how ALOT of the illegals use SS numbers, both manufactured and stolen, and that the IRS is well aware of this but refuses to release the names or numbers of these people because , and I am para-phrasing here, because 'we dont care where the money (income tax) is coming from'.
Seriously. No Lie. The IRS, which is a scam of monumental proportions (Aaron Russo-Freedom to Fascism) is refusing to release information to the INS and ICE because it would hurt their revenue.
Who does the IRS work for? Nevermind, I know the answer to that and its NOT America.
Research it, its true.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For the life of me, I cannot understand why some of you actually believe getting rid of the illegals is going to help our economy. Wether you like it or not, the illegals, although in your minds believe send all their money out of this country, are actually keeping about 90% of whatever they earn in this country and spending it in their surrounding areas. The idea of getting rid of them is absolutely ludicris as it would be more of a harm to our country then it would do good. The Food Service, Agriculture, Hospitality & Hotels, Manufacturing as well as a few other industries would be hard hit. Who do you think will pay for that in the long run? Its bad enough that many companies are outsourcing to countries with lower pay scales,that you would want to see our economy further injured by ceasing illegal immigrant labor in areas where we cannot afford to have things imported. I wonder when was the last time you saw something stamped with "Proudly Made In America"? Wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That's a great point 11Bravo, the IRS has to know what is going on! However there has to be other institutions to catch these criminal businesses besides the IRS, doesn't there?

The law is the law and these people aren't suppose to be here. Like I said before, law enforcement will write you up for parking tickets, loitering, jaywalking, and smoking a joint, however they won't prosecute criminal businesses that take advantage of cheap ILLEGAL labor at the detriment of the lower class.

This is Ridiculous!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Where do you live Pie Man, I live in Stockton California which is in the heart of the San Joauquin Valley, I am a college graduate and the only job I can find pays less than a dollar over minimum wage where do you live, how is the economy there?

Your argument has been used countless times and has been discarded by anyone who has studied the issue for more than a day or so. "Illegeals just fill the jobs no one else wants to do." Hmm, that's crazy because myself and my friends want to work construction, want to do maual labor/factory jobs and can't because they don't speak spanish.

Pieman, if you and your kin are such humanitarians why don't you go over to their country and try to help out, why bring their problem here. The reason why you would never do something like that is because you are indifferent to the problem, as long as you and yours are making some good coin, who cares about the rest of them, it's their fault anyways.

This is the law and just like jaywalking, illegal drugs and gambling the law needs to be enforced.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

top topics

join