It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Cheney Visitor Logs Opened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A judge has ordered the Bush Administration to turn over official Logs of Vice Presidential Visitors.

www.breitbart.com...

The Washington Post asked for two years of White House visitor logs in June but the Secret Service refused to process the request. Government attorneys called it "a fishing expedition into the most sensitive details of the vice presidency."

I'm sure it is a fishing expedition. But by the same token, if there were no fish.......................

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Above the law I imagine. Where are all the people who decry "If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about"?

Pie

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This log... will be "The Mother-Of-All Logs"... bread-crumbs aplenty. Are the dominoes poised to fall? How can this be "under-rug-swept"? Maybe sumthin'll happen National Security-related to save face/embarassment/impeachment?

Victor K.

43'

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes indeedy, IF the judge manages to enforce this ruling, the information disclosed could put Cheney and other BushCo cronies in serious legal jeopardy.

If they take down Cheney, Bush's Impeachment insurance just went out the oval office window.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Come on republicans, if they have nothing to hide they should reveal the documents. Isn't that your big neener neener neener to everyone who disagrees with Bush's illegal wiretaps and illegal searches of your home and illegal torture of people?

Well? If Cheney has nothing to hide then he should reveal the documents! Mwahahahahahahaha, poor poor republicans, I thought Clinton was screwed with the Monica thing but dang that was a bj this is a lot more! I thought the republicans were supposed to be the "Moral Majority" yet they have about ten times the skeletons then the democrats.

Why don't the Libertarians jump on this? "We're conservative but we aren't evil! Vote for us!" It would be great commercials! "My opponent did a,b,c,d,e, and f. I'm conservative but I don't do a,b,c,d,e, or f." Today it would be "My opponent raped children, took money from Abramoff, rigged an election, helped get Halliburton the trillions it has gotten, eats babies, helped the Marklarks invade Mars, cloned Hitler, and got a speeding ticket. All things I've never gotten."

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
Come on republicans, if they have nothing to hide they should reveal the documents. Isn't that your big neener neener neener to everyone who disagrees with Bush's illegal wiretaps and illegal searches of your home and illegal torture of people?

Well? If Cheney has nothing to hide then he should reveal the documents! I thought Clinton was screwed with the Monica thing but dang that was a bj

This is exactly why I said they are above the law. They make them so we have to follow them. They are forgetting who exactly works for who and who pays the freekin rent around here!

People made a big deal out of a BJ, but here it is we are all getting sodomized without even a how-do-you-do and its all good. Out of control these guys for sure.

Pie

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here i go:

If you have nothing to hide, no worries.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And look at that, not a single republican to be seen. I like this website, proves that the truth will send the republicans running like scalded dogs with a case of the liver tail.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm a Republican. I guess Conservative is the better word. That's the problem really, Conservatives find themselves without a real party these days.

At any rate, I'm open minded, regardless!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I'm a Republican. I guess Conservative is the better word. That's the problem really, Conservatives find themselves without a real party these days.

At any rate, I'm open minded, regardless!

Like I said, no republicans... Last I checked this administration has done everything opposite of conservative ways. They've made the government so big it can't fit into sweat pants with elastic waistband, they've spent trillions after Clinton left a surplus, they've raped and plundered everyone, sometimes literally, while giving billions to the oil and medical companies.

So again, no republicans have shown up, I didn't say conservatives didn't show up, just no republicans.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
But it will consist of five nonconsecutive pages, and in those pages will there be absolutely nothing recognizable as a "fish".

Sounds familiar?

They'll release what they feel is pertinent, warranted and only after they've had time to alter anything that may in fact be "fishy".

I agree that if there's nothing to find why balk at the request.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 10/21/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ok, I'm afraid I must have missed something. Why are they asking for these documents? Is there a specific reason or just for the heck of it?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
as stated in this article: Cheney logs subject to FOIA
www.rcfp.org...

"'the degree to which lobbyists and special interest representatives may have influenced policy decisions of the Bush administration' and the ongoing CIA-leak case investigation" prior to midterm elections. establishes a very important precedent supporting the news media's ability to quickly obtain information under FOIA when the circumstances justifying expedited processing can be established," said David Sobel, the Post's attorney for this case.

Injunctions have often been used by judges in FOIA cases to block the release of records while an issue is under review by the court. But in this case, the court used an injunction to order the Secret Service to immediately begin responding to the newspaper's public information request.

"The ability of requesters to obtain preliminary injunctions is critical to making the right to expedited processing truly effective," Sobel said.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Ok, I'm afraid I must have missed something. Why are they asking for these documents? Is there a specific reason or just for the heck of it?

Knowledge is power, my friend

join